Huggy vs Caesár

Talk about Strategies and share your Replays here

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

huGGy
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Huggy vs Caesár

Post by huGGy »

Russia vs Germans on Siberia. I tried to pressure with Muskets while he FF with 3 SW for Mercs. Well i think i didn't made enough pressure. I was afraid to go straigt into his base, because it wouldn't have been the first time that Uhlans, Xbows and MM killed my army. I saw his stable and thought he went for Uhlans. Have fun watching it. I think i didn't play that bad, but just didn't know what to throw against his army of Black Riders, Jaegers, Uhlans and Skirms.

Some Tipps are appreciated here.

PS: It was a rated game, so i think we both tried our best.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kaiser_von_Nuben
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Re: Huggy vs Caesár

Post by Kaiser_von_Nuben »

A Merc FF? What is this, 2007 ? :-P

I will definitely watch this one. Very brave of you to play this one rated, Huggy :!:
"The German Army will not stand for it!"

-Colonel Bockner, King Solomon's Mines (1985)
Sun_Tzu1
Major
Major

Post by Sun_Tzu1 »

GG Huggy.

Think you can be proud of that one.

Watching the reply, I think you probably could have had Caesar with a more concerted pressure on his TC. It would have stopped him collecting that 1000 gld and being able to ship those Black Riders.

It was one of those games where Caesar came back by out microing you in that big battle. Watching it, he managed to get his Ulhans on your strelets, while your strelets weren't anywhere near getting onto his black riders, etc. Also, you had some Cossacks on the side which didn't get involved in the battle.

Also, just before the battle, he advanced on you just with skirms/jaegars or whatever. Twice your cannons had the opportunity to punish them there and then (which could have made a difference in the battle after) but they were firing on buildings. Those two cannon rounds could have made a difference.

So, in summary, I think you had him, but, you let it slip simply down to the micro in the big battle. But that's pretty impressive given Caesar's level.

Anyway, you're better than me Huggy, and it's easy to second guess calls made in real time (when you've got the fog of war off too!).

GG.
Sun_Tzu1
Major
Major

Post by Sun_Tzu1 »

p.s., reminds me of two occassions today:

(I've started playing only as the civ where I've got the lowest HC level. So, I'm swapping back and forth between civs I don't normally play as - and not playing Aztecs).

I was playing as Spain in one game, but, in my head I thought I was dutch, so, at start I was collecting gold to build villagers. Then I realised. Needless to day, my age was a little slow.

Another game, I was playing Sporting Lisbon and mistook his Russian flag at start for the German one. Sigh. Although in fairness Sporting was probably going to win that one anyway!!! Let's be realistic. Plus, he kept talking to me at the start :p. Like Drew in his games. I thought only women could multitask like that.
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Sporting_Lisbon »

Heh don't go rated, let's not leech our clanmates shall we? :p Will watch tuesday. Btw, Cossack spam is the way to go imo
huGGy
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by huGGy »

Rated games are more competitive imo and i like to see where i stand with my russians. I mean i lost so many points, some more aren't important :P.

@Sun: Yeah this one battle. Caesár was so damn lucky to catch me when i managed something at my base and then it was too late to run away. Even with uber micro my army had no chance vs veteran uhlans and mercs.

Thanks for your feedback so far!
I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

great start Huggy,
* excellent herding <-- good example to watch for all those who still struggle with herding!
* good scouting & treasure collecting

if you go up with 17 vils, you should def get a market during aging and a stable/2nd rax to spam more units.

during your first push, you should not have used your cossacks to kill the stables, but raid instead, you had time to do that and pressuring his eco is more important.
around the 9 min, your cossacks were sieging the market while your infantry tried to kill vills, having the cossacks near the vils could have won you the game right there.

while going to III, you def had to make some strelets to fight the black riders, you had at least resources for 2 batches. Shipping 17 was a good choice in III to compensate that, but I'd pick 1000 wood first for a 2nd TC to secure some eco.

caesar did really micro well in the important fights

good use of those 2 spies :)
Wisdom is the supreme part of happiness. - Sophocles
Happiness belongs to the self-sufficient. - Aristotle