OR DIE TRYING
been kicked from clan
mrsniffles out
cleeduz
Honorary Officer

Re: Goals Thread

Post by cleeduz »

My Current Goal:

To increase my overall game skills/knowledge (and rank, M. Sargeant sounds plausible by end of the year) and have a good strategic knowledge of at least 3 civs (1 AOE3, 1 TWC, 1 TAD) currently I'm playing Iroquois, British, and haven't decided on an Asian civ yet. I'm torn on an Asian civ. because I'm not sure if I want to play/learn an OP civ, but I hate getting beat by them... :twisted:
"Nature doesn't like Agra forts." - Sporting Lisbon

In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is freedom, in water there is bacteria. - Ben Franklin
Soccerman771
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Soccerman771 »

[quote=""cleeduz""]My Current Goal:

To increase my overall game skills/knowledge (and rank, M. Sargeant sounds plausible by end of the year) and have a good strategic knowledge of at least 3 civs (1 AOE3, 1 TWC, 1 TAD) currently I'm playing Iroquois, British, and haven't decided on an Asian civ yet. I'm torn on an Asian civ. because I'm not sure if I want to play/learn an OP civ, but I hate getting beat by them... :twisted:[/quote]

cough...CHINA....cough ;)
jtackel@hotmail.com

"Do you know how difficult it is to micro Napalm?" - Lazy_Tuga

"This isn't going to work. I've picked a water deck and there isn't even a pond on this map." - Blackadderthe4th
I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

cough...check out my strat...cough ;)
Wisdom is the supreme part of happiness. - Sophocles
Happiness belongs to the self-sufficient. - Aristotle
cleeduz
Honorary Officer

Post by cleeduz »

cough...printed it out and tried it last night, won against comp on hard a few times...cough :D

In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is freedom, in water there is bacteria. - Ben Franklin
Kaiser_von_Nuben
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Kaiser_von_Nuben »

[quote=""Soccerman771""][quote=""cleeduz""]My Current Goal:

To increase my overall game skills/knowledge (and rank, M. Sargeant sounds plausible by end of the year) and have a good strategic knowledge of at least 3 civs (1 AOE3, 1 TWC, 1 TAD) currently I'm playing Iroquois, British, and haven't decided on an Asian civ yet. I'm torn on an Asian civ. because I'm not sure if I want to play/learn an OP civ, but I hate getting beat by them... :twisted:[/quote]

cough...CHINA....cough ;)[/quote]

China has a potent rush if you know the steps and solid late-game, too. But if winning is what you want, I suggest following the Japanese menu: (1) Build toshugu; (2) build consulate; (3) send heavenly kami; (4) put shrines on wood; (5) build a few shrines in discovery; (6) choose isolation; (7) build barracks; (8) spam ashigaru; (9) send ashi attack cards; (10) put up a stable; (11) add in some nagis; (12) get some free clubs to stop raiding on your non-cherry-picking villies; (13) march on your enemy's base; (14) encounter enemy; (15) hit attack-move; (16) win battle (even against musket-counters); (17) destroy TC; (18) "Victory is Yours." If necessary, get bushido principles to boost spam and go age 3 with Golden Pavilion for 52 attack disciplined ashis, which can even beat artillery if they have it.

Again, follow these steps only if you want to win. If you want to deepen your gameplay and be a better all-round player, pick China! :-P
"The German Army will not stand for it!"

-Colonel Bockner, King Solomon's Mines (1985)
cleeduz
Honorary Officer

Post by cleeduz »

[quote=""Kaiser_von_Nuben""][quote=""Soccerman771""][quote=""cleeduz""]My Current Goal:

cough...CHINA....cough ;)[/quote]

China has a potent rush if you know the steps and solid late-game, too. But if winning is what you want, I suggest following the Japanese menu: (1) Build toshugu; (2) build consulate; (3) send heavenly kami; (4) put shrines on wood; (5) build a few shrines in discovery; (6) choose isolation; (7) build barracks; (8) spam ashigaru; (9) send ashi attack cards; (10) put up a stable; (11) add in some nagis; (12) get some free clubs to stop raiding on your non-cherry-picking villies; (13) march on your enemy's base; (14) encounter enemy; (15) hit attack-move; (16) win battle (even against musket-counters); (17) destroy TC; (18) "Victory is Yours." If necessary, get bushido principles to boost spam and go age 3 with Golden Pavilion for 52 attack disciplined ashis, which can even beat artillery if they have it.

Again, follow these steps only if you want to win. If you want to deepen your gameplay and be a better all-round player, pick China! :-P[/quote]

Thanks for the tips on Japan, but I don't care to much about winning if I can't self-validate it. Winning due to having an advantage other than skill and maybe a bit of luck, doesn't really feel like a win to me.

I started playing China lately and have been practicing strats and watching recs, so hopefully things will start to click for me with them, feels pretty awkward for now though... :?

36drew
Honorary Officer

Post by 36drew »

Time for me to set a goal:

Colonel and 2100 by the time I reach 850 games. Gonna do my best by watching replays and reading guides to get there. I'm also going to quit playing anyone ranked lower than me in rated games. I would also like to achieve this by Christmas. I will post replays up here for feedback too.
joe4holly
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by joe4holly »

My goal : to become P26 and to stick to a BO and not to go any random thing .
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Sporting_Lisbon »

Time for me to set a goal:

Colonel and 2100 by the time I reach 850 games. Gonna do my best by watching replays and reading guides to get there. I'm also going to quit playing anyone ranked lower than me in rated games. I would also like to achieve this by Christmas. I will post replays up here for feedback too.
You can surely achieve it, it's not that hard :) I suggest you to stick with a midtier civ that can somehow beat japs and stuff and to not get too worried with your rank :P

Ah, my goals. Erm. Slowly climb up there without wasting too much of my time? Right, let's just focus on school ^^
Hydrovert5
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Hydrovert5 »

My goal - To become Field Marshal and beat NaturePhoenix.

What? We can all have aspirations... :)
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Sporting_Lisbon »

Well that's too high ^^ Back to when I was a master sergeant to 1st lieutenant in vanilla I wanted to beat my mentor 15 pr above me! Now I can beat him :D
I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

I did beat my mentor already twice ;)

(and lost all other 100 games)
Wisdom is the supreme part of happiness. - Sophocles
Happiness belongs to the self-sufficient. - Aristotle
mrsniffler
Lieutenant
Lieutenant