Re: To the Minnesotan(s)...a question

Post by RascalJones »

Ice storms today....yay
KingKaramazov
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by KingKaramazov »

We've been getting a lot of snow here in the northeast lately. Which sucks because it means I have to do shoveling now that I'm at home.
"Why are some people all grasshopper fiddlings, scrappings, all antennae shivering, one big ganglion eternally knotting, slip-knotting, square-knotting themselves? They stoke a furnace all their lives, sweat their lips, shine their ey
RascalJones
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by RascalJones »

shoveling isn't so bad, it's good exercise.
KingKaramazov
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by KingKaramazov »

Trying to be funny? Only thing worse than shoveling in terms of yardwork is raking. And in the northeast we get to do both. :P
"Why are some people all grasshopper fiddlings, scrappings, all antennae shivering, one big ganglion eternally knotting, slip-knotting, square-knotting themselves? They stoke a furnace all their lives, sweat their lips, shine their ey
RascalJones
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by RascalJones »

I don't have a big area to do, so I don't mind shoveling. And there are very few trees around here, it's a new subdivision.

But still, ain't nothing wrong with it.
KingKaramazov
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by KingKaramazov »

Heh.

My driveway is fairly large, and it tends to collect a lot of ice in the winter because its right next to an incline. It's not fun.
RascalJones
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by RascalJones »

No kids in the neighborhood looking for a few bucks?

Seriously, man, you should go all Tom Sawyer whitewashing on 'em and make it look like fun, so they want to do it for you, and give you stuff to do it.
ZoRPrimE
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by ZoRPrimE »

[quote=""KingKaramazov""]Heh.

My driveway is fairly large, and it tends to collect a lot of ice in the winter because its right next to an incline. It's not fun.[/quote]

That brings me back to my highschool driving days you had to keep up enough moment when you turned into the driveway or you wouldn't make it past the first 8 feet of ice patch. It got better when I got a front wheel drive because then I didn't have to get as far up the driveway to get traction.
"It is by will alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, the stains become a warning. It is by will alone I set my mind
KingKaramazov
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by KingKaramazov »

Yea, we have all wheel drive on two of our cars.

And Rascal, unfortunately for me, my brothers and I are the "kids in the neighborhood" for my parents to use to get stuff done. :P

Of course, we're not very motivated so my dad works along with us. But anyways, I hate snow shoveling.

Oh yea, and there's nothing better than spending 20 minutes scraping off the car windows so you can drive 15 miles under the speed limit in sleet on snowy roads. :P The best part is when the windshield begins to freeze over again as you are driving and you have to stop numerous times on the way to school (has happened to me a couple times...not fun).
severebeating
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by severebeating »

2-4" is nothing here. and just for the record... most likely 20-30 below (F) would most likely ALSO not shut down schools!!