Help needed with unit attacks.

Discuss, upload or download a new Scenario

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

AOwpr
Conscript
Conscript

Help needed with unit attacks.

Post by AOwpr »

Hi guys, I'm trying to increase unit attack bonuses in the editor (trying to make Jaegers get 2x bonus vs. infantry, and forest prowlers 4x same bonus: for X Fliger Colosseum, to counter ronin/highlander spamming). I was told in another forum that this isn't possible, but I played Fall of Russia (made by someone in this clan), and I noticed that attacks *were* higher.

Is it possible to increase Forest Prowler/Jaeger attacks (or attack bonuses)? Thanks.
Navarone_Guy
Honorary Officer

Re: Help needed with unit attacks.

Post by Navarone_Guy »

Hey there. I'm the one who made TFoR.

The modify protounit trigger is bugged when you're trying to edit unit attack. Frankly, it doesn't work. What you need to do is "set tech status" and choose iroquois infantry attack/hp or sioux cavalry attack/hp, and set those cards to active (they're in the set tech status menu under HCXPIroinfattack or something like that). You can set them active as many times as you want to increase the attack of a unit as much as you want. Beware, however, that those cards affect all units of that type.

For multipliers, I'd suggest set tech status for counter infantry rifling. If you can do that multiple times, I don't know, but that's your best bet.

Hope this helped.

Gl!

If you see me online (Harley14), give me a message and I'll help you test your map!
Groovy.
AOwpr
Conscript
Conscript

Post by AOwpr »

Hmm... I think I'll just reduce the spawn time on the ronin then. Doing it as you say would make every other light infantry unit over powered. :P Thanks anyway.

Love your map by the way (I know someone who beat it 8O ).
djdan
N3O Member
N3O Member
Steam: SpanktheMonkey

Post by djdan »

Yeah the map, is pretty challenging but easy ast the same time. VERY time consuming, especially the boss at the end, took ages to kill it!
From the OP maker of the OP Sigs, Cleeduz brings maybe some of his best work yet!
Navarone_Guy
Honorary Officer

Post by Navarone_Guy »

Thanks for the positive feedback, AOwpr. Nice to hear people like my maps. :)

Anyway, look for TFoR 2 sometime soon! I will get working on it once I find some more free time. That's eluding me, though...
Groovy.
AOwpr
Conscript
Conscript

Post by AOwpr »

By the way, I was meaning to ask you (no one else knows), what's the diff between "The Fall of Russia" and "The Fall Of Russia" (capital "O")?
Navarone_Guy
Honorary Officer

Post by Navarone_Guy »

Unless one of them is an edit, I believe they would be the same thing. Maybe I just happened to enter the name in two different ways... Unless it's an obvious edit, it's probably just a mistake on my part.
Groovy.