N3O Member
N3O Member

QS: French vs China (duh)

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

since everybody plays China in QS, I've opted for France
8O

please review and comment

thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Wisdom is the supreme part of happiness. - Sophocles
Happiness belongs to the self-sufficient. - Aristotle
ZoRPrimE
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Re: QS: French vs China (duh)

Post by ZoRPrimE »

Nice win Chaos and great double rax spam. The china player had a nice little FF plan unfortunately he didn't use his military effectively. A collosal mistake when his artillery moved instead of attacked TC. Also his age 3 troops luckily didn't measure up to your forces. cuirs came just in time. I'm not sure there's much different he could have done.

You may have been just as well to micro against his arquebis a bit before going to his forward rax but, it's hard to tell if he maybe had 7 steppes in reserve somewhere waiting to pounce on your Xbows.

GG short and sweet.
"It is by will alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, the stains become a warning. It is by will alone I set my mind
KingKaramazov
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by KingKaramazov »

Seems to me like china would be better off not FFing vs France and just sticking with good 'ol colonial spam / boom. If the French player FFs, rush 'em.
"Why are some people all grasshopper fiddlings, scrappings, all antennae shivering, one big ganglion eternally knotting, slip-knotting, square-knotting themselves? They stoke a furnace all their lives, sweat their lips, shine their ey
I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

I have to say that those handmortars were easy to snipe with my mass of xbows, and they were in stagger formation if I recall well, to avoid area damage
Comadevil
Administrator
Administrator
AOE3 Nickname: Comadevil

Post by Comadevil »

Agree with KK.
Also the chinese player didn't explore the map and let u get all the cows. He just used the mongolian rider to get treasures, instead of exploring fast map and getting the cows. U had like 14 cows!!! Great job.

Why u didn't build the raxes more forward? Because of hand mortar?

The chinese player made also one big mistake to attack ur TC with unprotected hand mortars. U reacted well by taking them out.

Why u don't have Tirelleur in ur deck? Would have helped here
I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

I think your only chance is to build inbase (Ourk-style)
If you fwd your bases, you will easily loose em because china has a bigger mass early on

The whole plan was to play Tirailleur, but somehow I forgot to add it (I made the deck 5 min before starting)

once the cuirassiers are there, it's much harder for them to beat you, this match-up is about camping till fortress imho
kingchrisII
Colonel
Colonel

Post by kingchrisII »

yeah i agree, cuirs save the day, xbows can hold off well, while your booming and maintaining a good econ, the age switch them all to skirms, and boom/hold off some more, then GENDARME SPAM FTW!!!! lol

just gonna go watch now :)