Moderator: Global Moderator

Comadevil
Administrator
Administrator
AOE3 Nickname: Comadevil

Re: Sup guys!!!!

Post by Comadevil »

[quote=""Cyclohexane""]
Not for sure. I like TWC better than TAD. I do love the new TAD maps / treasures (which were much better than TWC), but my play sytle is more suited to Natives.

My main complaint about TAD is the addition of random abilities (dodge, critical hit, conversion, etc.) on only a few units. Either give it to all, or to none. Random in a strategy game sucks.
[/quote]
Yes i know u have a more mathematical approach to the game than others.

What i've been reading in forums and experiencing people like TAD more than TWC. E.g. most of the people with which i played vanilla with stopped playing TWC 10 days after it was out. With TAD it is different: They still play it and will keep playing it, at least for some time. And this players also played the Age series for a long time though they also play other games intensively.

THe random factors i really don't care much about because this dodging ability of the japanese monk appears seldom in Sup games, and conversion and critical hits i also didn't had so much probs with yet
NEO_CrAz3n
Honorary Leader
Honorary Leader

Post by NEO_CrAz3n »

I think TAD was a better expansion. In some ways I thought TWC was a bit boring because there were already natives on maps. TAD was more original IMO.
"Please accept my resignation. I don't care to belong to any club that will have me as a member." -Groucho Marx

"Any strat that beats me is lame." -CrAz3n

"Quoting yourself is just as bad as speaking about yourself in the third-person." -CrAz3n
Cyclohexane
Honorary Officer

Post by Cyclohexane »

[quote=""NEO_CrAz3n""]I think TAD was a better expansion. In some ways I thought TWC was a bit boring because there were already natives on maps. TAD was more original IMO.[/quote]

I know I am out voted on this, but opinions are like #$%##, everyone has one. Actually, I prefer TWC + TAD. I really wouldn't want to do without either.
Lead, Follow, or Get the Hell out of the way!

QUICK REFERENCE GUIDE & AOE3 TWC TAD UNIT COMPARISON:
AOE3 TWC TAD Quick Reference & AOE3 TWC TAD UNIT COMPARISON
Comadevil
Administrator
Administrator
AOE3 Nickname: Comadevil

Post by Comadevil »

Yes and TAD made some edges smooth, things that were just missing though observer would have been fine
Navarone_Guy
Honorary Officer

Post by Navarone_Guy »

Cyclo, I also dislike directly random things in a game, but even before now a lot was random. Treasures and locations, possibly being hunt screwed, starting without an explorer, etc.
Groovy.
ZoRPrimE
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by ZoRPrimE »

Heh, I noticed the statement about Ranomness in strategy may have been premature or shortsighted but I skipped comment as I got his gist. Now I can no longer say I skipped comment. Guess it's the dice rolling strategist in me!
"It is by will alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, the stains become a warning. It is by will alone I set my mind
I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

hard to say which one i like more... depends on several different aspects.
the native civs were def more creative than the asian ones, who I find to be clones of euro civs. Balance is better in TAD though. The new countersystem has also improved in TAD, but the random effects was just one big mistake. Maps/treasures are better balanced. The wonder-age-up I find extremely annoying.
Wisdom is the supreme part of happiness. - Sophocles
Happiness belongs to the self-sufficient. - Aristotle