Talk about Strategies and share your Replays here

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

ZoRPrimE
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Zorp KingK India mirror best game of 3 we played

Post by ZoRPrimE »

ZorpvsKingKSiberia

I've included notes I took to figure out how I lost control of what started to feel like a close game. This was the most competitive of 3 games we played last night.

I age a little faster and better off than KK not typical for our match’s!

08:16 I have small edge.

09:57 I’ve lost it

11:47 KK keeps spaming Ghurkas I do some eco and build a few sepoys

12:40 I catch KK in a decent pincer and if you watch close my explorer stuns like 9 of his units but only for about a half second. I agree with cyc that it’s cheesy addition but don’t agree that it’s all that unbalancing.

14:00 My score looks better?! KK has 2 TP’s we have same size military cept 8 of mine are HPless militia. KK has 5 ghurka queued I have 2 villies and a gather upgrade. I have 1300 more resource in my coffers than he. I have a FB in his back yard.

15:00 I start to loose any advantage by failing to converge my small armies into one force or build more troops.

15:20 I’ve close to equalized troop count. I still have more resources than KK too bad they’re not in form of troops.

16:00 We have a skirmish KK has 3 TP’s at this point and his troops have 10% HP bonus due to the fact he had presence of mind to build consulate and select brits by now.

16:24 KK now has 37 troops to my 20 (2 irregulars.) I have a 1000 more in resources unspent than he and he has a 10 villie lead. My FB is sitting unutilized due to my uncertainty about investing in flail elephants. I’m build a whole 1 Sowar with all my resources since apparently I can think of no way to use wood and food to build an army.

17:26 By score it looks like I’ve got an edge still. I’m saving for Fortress at this point haven’t done much troops building and villie gap is still quite large.

18:00 KK’s dead esplorer is giving him great LOS to my 7 villies and the fact I’m walling up. 1 have 1600 more resource’s than he in my coffers and I’ve already paid for Age 3. KK has 53 troops I have… 22 and enough unspent resources to have no excuse not to be at the same unit count. My consulate is up at this point (French resource gather bounus.) I expand my FB with a rax, apparently I don’t like Flail elephants enough. Unfortunately I build my rax right next to some gathering villies. Alas this is what happens when you don’t jump on opportunity. Only reason the FB is even there is I accidentally grouped a villie with my army that passed through.

18:45 KK is @ my FB w/ 9 Sowar. My response!!! Queue 5 Ghurka’s????!! & take down a TP.

19:50 I’m sitting on my resources for what reason?? Maybe to go to Imperial?? Maybe to build Elephant cannons out of my now non-existent FB tower?? KK has managed to have 50ish troops I have 13 Ghurka pseudo-microing vs. his 9 Sowar. KK’s 52 villies are gathering much more than my 36 villies w/upgrades. I’ve got a whole 1 Sowar queued that’ll pack a whallop later on!!! Just after 19:50 I retreat like Japanese zero’s and just take whatever damage the Sowars want to deal to my Ghurka. Don’t get the WW2 reference? Ask me and I’ll explain.

20:22 I have now fully bridged our army gap with a whopping 2 sowar tethered outside the bar where their riders are drinking themselves silly! Later the bar owner told me what they thought of my command “I think Saddam Hussein had more realistic military troop planning than this Zor Prime character.”

21:42 KK is still not close to ageing to 3 why? Because he’ll scarcely need to at this point! He’s got 67 infantry and 8 sowar and 13 Sepoy’s queued. What have I got?? 18 total military units but they are juicy units and age 3 so no need to worry!!! I am only 800 food away from going Imperial, I’m not planning too that’s just how inefficient I am at this point. I’m building a 2nd TC to close the villie gap which for all I knew at the time I was winning or even somewhat close REALITY I was 14 behind.

22:25 my 18 troops chase off KK only after he’s downed my TC, then he realizes there is no more army coming out of that fog of war!! And redirects his assault upon me with Humorous results!

When looking at the post game graph almost every chart shows my decline averaging around the halfway point or so of the game. The SCORE chart shows a close game to the last minute. Shows what score tells yah.

I honestly think the first 13 minutes or so of the game had me prepped up for a good launching pad for the win. I just failed to spend my resources on enough troops, keep up villie production, and take any kind of advantage of my FB.

I’d really be interested in comments of how better to taken advantage post 13 minutes-ish. I am aware that taking a tour between his TC and tower pre-13minute wasn’t brilliant!
"It is by will alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, the stains become a warning. It is by will alone I set my mind
KingKaramazov
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Re: Zorp KingK India mirror best game of 3 we played

Post by KingKaramazov »

Sounds like your main problem was keeping up villager production and using your units. Also, while the forward base was a decent idea, you didn't really back it up. personally i wouldn't have put it so far back in my base.. put it more to the right side where all that empty space was. you could have launched a full attack from there.

furthermore, you went to fortress but didn't really take advantage of it. you need to work on that.
"Why are some people all grasshopper fiddlings, scrappings, all antennae shivering, one big ganglion eternally knotting, slip-knotting, square-knotting themselves? They stoke a furnace all their lives, sweat their lips, shine their ey
ZoRPrimE
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by ZoRPrimE »

Actually I put it as closes as I could with TC radius forcing me there. I shoulda chose a locale further from resources and built a rax isntead.
"It is by will alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, the stains become a warning. It is by will alone I set my mind
Navarone_Guy
Honorary Officer

Post by Navarone_Guy »

I think the biggest problem most players have is not using their military constantly. If they're not hacking vils to pieces or picking off soldiers, they're just a waste of space.
Groovy.
ZoRPrimE
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by ZoRPrimE »

[quote=""Navarone_Guy""]I think the biggest problem most players have is not using their military constantly. If they're not hacking vils to pieces or picking off soldiers, they're just a waste of space.[/quote]

I can't tell you how many times I get upset when people don't get this in team games.

I really need to practice being able to micro and build appropriate military counters. I played another game against KK today that felt like I did worse than this record. He's simply better at micro and knows India's units better. I found myself with inadequate resources and homes a handful of times.