Talk about Strategies and share your Replays here

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

Navarone_Guy
Honorary Officer

Nav(Harley14) vs. 36Drew on Great Plains

Post by Navarone_Guy »

Nav: Ports
Drew: British

Here was our rematch from earlier and I think we both played tremendously well. I made a forward base and fended off his FB villager with my 3 and had almost complete map control from then on. We both went musketeers initially and had almost constant skirmishes but with no clear victor. Basically, trading kills. Later on, while we both boomed and skirmished, I mixed in hussars to my army and Drew added in longbows and later outlaws. The game turned in my favor from slightly in his when he attacked my FB with his entire army. My hussars charged in front while my musketeers came from behind and cut off his comancheros. My hussars cut down about 75% of his longbows and renegados, and it was GG from there. I had about 80 villagers at the end and Drew had 60, and neither of us ever got to fortress.

GG Drew!

Here's the rec game. An excellent watch.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Groovy.
blayzer13
N3O Member
N3O Member

Re: Nav(Harley14) vs. 36Drew on Great Plains

Post by blayzer13 »

well lets home i can use this one with some good chances to see some good micro
36drew
Honorary Officer

Post by 36drew »

GG indeed Nav. :) Well played by you. This guy can really get a big colonial army fast!
Navarone_Guy
Honorary Officer

Post by Navarone_Guy »

Thanks, Drew. :) You matched me in military production despite my map control, so that says a lot.
Groovy.
NEO_CrAz3n
Honorary Leader
Honorary Leader

Post by NEO_CrAz3n »

Very GG to watch. I'd love to see you guys do a mirror. You're so close in skill it's scary. Villies fighting vills, explorer vs explorer, vills vs explorers it was a very good watch.

You got quite a few colonial units out yourself Drew. Nav just hit you from so many angles and that forward TC really cut you off from a chunk of map.

Very well played by both of you! I just love Colonial fights.
"Please accept my resignation. I don't care to belong to any club that will have me as a member." -Groucho Marx

"Any strat that beats me is lame." -CrAz3n

"Quoting yourself is just as bad as speaking about yourself in the third-person." -CrAz3n
blayzer13
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by blayzer13 »

colonials are my specialty, vgg both of u..the micro..is like watching a dance back and fourth step(shoot) back and fourth step...its magical =)
I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

will watch this tonight!

drew used outlaws Oo I can't believe they could be useful... will see ;)
Wisdom is the supreme part of happiness. - Sophocles
Happiness belongs to the self-sufficient. - Aristotle
blayzer13
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by blayzer13 »

he only had like 5 or 10 ish of them...they can be handy if they arent attacked.. 40 dmg packs a wollop but they got like 110 hp (eww)
I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

drew should have made more musks and upgrade em

nav, why did u accumulate 5 (or more?) shipments???
u could have upgraded the trade route (xp was of no real use to you)
KingKaramazov
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by KingKaramazov »

If you're talking about the end of the game, recorded games always show roughly 5 shipments as being accumulated.

It's a bug, I think.
"Why are some people all grasshopper fiddlings, scrappings, all antennae shivering, one big ganglion eternally knotting, slip-knotting, square-knotting themselves? They stoke a furnace all their lives, sweat their lips, shine their ey
StrokeyBlofeld
Clan Leader
Clan Leader

Post by StrokeyBlofeld »

[quote=""KingKaramazov""]If you're talking about the end of the game, recorded games always show roughly 5 shipments as being accumulated.

It's a bug, I think.[/quote]

Yup. You see it at the end of any rec game. AOE3 before the expansions had a bug that would show one of the players in the rec as being from your clan. I remember when I had just joined N3O and I said to craz: "wow! I didn't know Helly is in our clan.... ". (For those of you that didn't know, he is an awesome player).

Lol.
I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

not at the end of the game, but during the game
ZoRPrimE
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by ZoRPrimE »

I think Nav was saving shipments for age 3?? He and drew had sent a lot of their < age3 cards.

Things I noticed in game:
-Age up times were 1 second apart.
-Drew, Interesting choice of rax and outpost location to counter Nav's 2nd TC placement.

This game really showed that Brits have every advantage over Ports. Nav's aggressive map control (didn't even require 3rd TC in Fort) and more effective micro earned him the win. Drew took good measures to protect his villies but they weren't enough possibly some walling up in SE corner or Pioneers card may have helped. My impression is Nav got Drew to the point where he was scramblinga bit and therefore made some bad decisions. Most the game Drew was in a better eco position and had a decent match of troops. Not sure if he went for Outlaws to add insult to injury or just a move that didn't require preciuos food that Nav kept denying him access to.

Nav seemed to have a seasoned sense of maximum effective distance for micro'ing battles that made him come out on top of almost every skirmish.

GG and just as fun to watch as the first match. You guys need a tie breaker. I honestly thought Drew would end up winning until the point he started making outlaws :D

thanks for posting the game!
"It is by will alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, the stains become a warning. It is by will alone I set my mind
Navarone_Guy
Honorary Officer

Post by Navarone_Guy »

Thanks for the feedback, guys. We'll see if we can have more good 1v1s for you all to watch.

About my shipments. Rarely do games with Ports last so long in age 2, and especially with a trade route. The thing about Ports is their selection of age 2 cards is pitiful. I sent all the resources and soldiers and then had nothing left to send, hoping that once I got to age 3 I could ship an army and turn the tide. I never got to age 3.
Groovy.