Me vs Jonny

Talk about Strategies and share your Replays here

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

Jack85
Private
Private

Me vs Jonny

Post by Jack85 »

jonny german against my french do you have any tips cause i'm lost, i dont know what to do with my french vs all civ and opponents and espacially this german rush, what micro and macro tip can you give to me ?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kaiser_von_Nuben
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Re: Me vs Jonny

Post by Kaiser_von_Nuben »

I'll watch; thanks for posting. Just to start, though, you need to make sure he's rushing (scout his settler wagon) then look to see if he's gathering a lot of gold. If he is, expect more uhlans (there will always be at least 2 or 4 to start). If he's all about wood, expect a xbow mass and maybe pikes.

I think the best approach is to have a xbow war. Ship 8 xbows and get 2 rax up with the 700 wood card. Keep a decent number of pikes on hand to scare away his uhlans, and always get market upgrades for food, wood and villie health. Great coat is an excellent investment for the French and makes them tough to raid (243 HP villies with 40% ranged resistance). I wouldn't recommend going early hussar cuz it will drain your early food and his uhlans can do a number on them, leaving you defenseless.
"The German Army will not stand for it!"

-Colonel Bockner, King Solomon's Mines (1985)
jonny676
Captain
Captain

Post by jonny676 »

kaiser i think i played this realy bard some some tips would be welcome thanks
Soccerman771
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Soccerman771 »

If i were the french guy, I'd probably semi-ff for hussar/skirm/Cuirs.

Germany's anti-cav is too weak unless they go fort and ship black riders, and then it just becomes soo expensive. If they are going uhlans, then they won't be able to afford the gold. You can hit-and run dopples with skirms and war wagons are just too expensive for the german to maintain production and population. It's amazing what 5 dragoons can do to Uhlans. Like Kaiser said, you have to have your explorer in his base scouting between 4:00 - 4:50.

I'll watch the rec as well.
jtackel@hotmail.com

"Do you know how difficult it is to micro Napalm?" - Lazy_Tuga

"This isn't going to work. I've picked a water deck and there isn't even a pond on this map." - Blackadderthe4th
huGGy
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by huGGy »

[quote=""Soccerman771""]If i were the french guy, I'd probably semi-ff for hussar/skirm/Cuirs.

Germany's anti-cav is too weak unless they go fort and ship black riders, and then it just becomes soo expensive. If they are going uhlans, then they won't be able to afford the gold. You can hit-and run dopples with skirms and war wagons are just too expensive for the german to maintain production and population. It's amazing what 5 dragoons can do to Uhlans. Like Kaiser said, you have to have your explorer in his base scouting between 4:00 - 4:50.

I'll watch the rec as well.[/quote]

In this matchup german ff > french ff imo. 8 and 9 (veteran) uhlan shipments own hard. German has bad anti cav!? Pikes and Doppels in Age2 and Pikes, Doppels, WW, Black Riders, Landsknechts in Age3. This is just a bad matchup for french. Doesn't matter if you fight in Age2 or Age3. You got to outmicro him. Maybe going for natives on a native TP map with this cards work good (bayou, mongolia). Or, what may work, cause not many players would expect that: Muskets and Hussars combo as french.

Will watch the game and try to review for both of you guys.
Soccerman771
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Soccerman771 »

I agree w/ you huggy, I'm just saying that if you scout he's going mainly Uhlans, then I think the french anti-cav is more manageable. 2-pop dragoons that can hit-n-run versus everything that germ has (except black riders) is too expensive for the germ to counter. I also agree it's a bad matchup for france, just going with an alternative, though it's harder for the french guy to hide his ff or semi-ff as most of his age 2 units don't cost wood unless he's going cav (or musks which would die pretty bad to most of what germ has x-bow wise).
jtackel@hotmail.com

"Do you know how difficult it is to micro Napalm?" - Lazy_Tuga

"This isn't going to work. I've picked a water deck and there isn't even a pond on this map." - Blackadderthe4th
huGGy
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by huGGy »

[quote=""Soccerman771""]I agree w/ you huggy, I'm just saying that if you scout he's going mainly Uhlans, then I think the french anti-cav is more manageable. 2-pop dragoons that can hit-n-run versus everything that germ has (except black riders) is too expensive for the germ to counter.[/quote]

That's right, but don't forget that skirms and xbows counter dragoons (don't know if they do so in range as well). Veteran X-bows vs Dragoons or Ruyters are just sweet. The biggest advantage the french guy has is his 2 Falcs shipment imo. Try to get out some more and defend them with Pikes and Dragoons.

Maybe 1000 gold as first shipment in age3 and 2 falcs as second. I never really played french, so it's more theoretical what i say here.
Kaiser_von_Nuben
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Kaiser_von_Nuben »

Nice observations, guys. I haven't had much trouble with Germany as France, although it potentially could be a hard matchup. Their colonial styles are almost identical and they both can get strong econs pretty quick. Huggy is right that it is a micro-intensive affair; I've been lucky with that with my xbow/pike management. When it comes to xbow war, I think France wins, because they get the dual rax quicker (Germans rarely ship 700 wood early in colonial) and they have the crucial xbow/skirm HP boost card (wish the Germans had that before Age 4... and who the heck uses xbows in Age 4 ??)

I am a little cold these days on FF strats, but it would be easy to spot a German FF; it would be harder to tease out a semi-FF, which obviously is a much more versatile move. I also agree that German anti-cav is not super, but you can certainly improvise with masses of uhlans and--if you splurge--doppels and BRs. I love BRs to death, but you need to break the bank to get them.
"The German Army will not stand for it!"

-Colonel Bockner, King Solomon's Mines (1985)
huGGy
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by huGGy »

French xbows spam is better than the german, but these free uhlans make this matchup a little bit unbalanced.
I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

double rax musk push (+ 3 huss & 8 xbow) is the best shot for the frenchy imo
xbows are still not so great vs HI and they often have only 1 rax up early on
Wisdom is the supreme part of happiness. - Sophocles
Happiness belongs to the self-sufficient. - Aristotle