New patch?

General Discussion about Age of Empires III: Definitive Edition

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

Nighthawk22
N3O Member
N3O Member

Re: New patch?

Post by Nighthawk22 »

yea but if it takes thousands of wins to gain 1 pr.. whats the point? why even have the civ if theres nothing to gain from it. Suppose someone enjoys a civ such as japan, but not for "laming" or winning games. What if they just in general, enjoyed using the civ? I mean, i agree with fixing the pr thing.. but maybe, not so much? 3,333 wins for 1 pr is a little tough..
For those people who just enjoy the civ, they should still be able to gain "remotely" decent pr. I'm kinda agreeing, and disagreeing here. :neutral:
Hydrovert5
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Hydrovert5 »

I have no idea what these people who say "Japan lamers, India lamers" are talking about. I have tried laming Japan and India and I find it hard to do to be honest. The Ashigaru spam only works well against civs that have only crossbows as early RI. A fast-fortress or civ with skirms is gonna cause you problems no matter how many Ashi you throw at them.
I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

FF gets steamrolled by 25 ashi and 15 clubs in ur base at 7 min... or and uber eco since u let japanese boom
Wisdom is the supreme part of happiness. - Sophocles
Happiness belongs to the self-sufficient. - Aristotle
Myrmecophaga_Tridactyla
Conscript
Conscript

Post by Myrmecophaga_Tridactyla »

I think that there already is a certain amount of civ correction, just badly done (it looks at the overall win % for all rates, so if loads of fools play Japs and loose, it means that it goes squewed.)

Balance is the best thing here.
The myrmecophaga tridactyla is coming to get you...
I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

[quote=""Navarone_Guy""][quote=""rambo098""]NERF THE JAPS NOW... AOE3 NEEDS A NEW PATCH SO BAD!!!

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
im so pissed at ensemble studios... why don't they get it?

yummi archer : op
ashis muskets : op
naginata riders : op
the big shirine : op
shrine : op
explorers : op

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:[/quote]

Sigh... come on Rambo and Chaos. If you nerf every advantage they have, they'll become worthless like the Germans did. Nerf ashi and shrines, and that is just fine. A nerf about as big as their boost last patch (was quite small) will bring them down to average again.[/quote]

dude stop taking everything literally, nobody said that everything needs to get nerfed. I was merely adding some fun to the post :roll:
I agree with the 2 small nerfs, just like prob 99% of the non-japanese players do

peace out
Wisdom is the supreme part of happiness. - Sophocles
Happiness belongs to the self-sufficient. - Aristotle
rambo098
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by rambo098 »

[quote=""I__CHAOS__I""][quote=""Navarone_Guy""][quote=""rambo098""]NERF THE JAPS NOW... AOE3 NEEDS A NEW PATCH SO BAD!!!

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
im so pissed at ensemble studios... why don't they get it?

yummi archer : op
ashis muskets : op
naginata riders : op
the big shirine : op
shrine : op
explorers : op

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:[/quote]

Sigh... come on Rambo and Chaos. If you nerf every advantage they have, they'll become worthless like the Germans did. Nerf ashi and shrines, and that is just fine. A nerf about as big as their boost last patch (was quite small) will bring them down to average again.[/quote]

dude stop taking everything literally, nobody said that everything needs to get nerfed. I was merely adding some fun to the post :roll:
I agree with the 2 small nerfs, just like prob 99% of the non-japanese players do

peace out[/quote]yeah... japan just need 2 (3) small changes...

ashi attack and yummi range... (might a small shrine nerf.)

if they make these 2 (3) changes the japs will still be a solid civ to play vs eny other civ.

(windows) Chess is greate game, cuz there is just 2 civs and no op units nad have no balance issues like aoe3 :D
Soccerman771
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Soccerman771 »

The "real" problem with Japan is that all those things rambo and Chaos mentioned aren't OP by themselves. They are OP when they are combined. They need to take away the ability to combine so many abilities that early in the game. If Japan get's past 15 minutes in the game they are almost impossible to beat.
jtackel@hotmail.com

"Do you know how difficult it is to micro Napalm?" - Lazy_Tuga

"This isn't going to work. I've picked a water deck and there isn't even a pond on this map." - Blackadderthe4th
Kaiser_von_Nuben
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Kaiser_von_Nuben »

[quote=""I__CHAOS__I""]FF gets steamrolled by 25 ashi and 15 clubs in ur base at 7 min... or and uber eco since u let japanese boom[/quote]

This is the dilemma I face with Japan as Germany: If I go colonial, his ashi have an advantage over my xbows and ashi/club makes going uhlan suicidal. But if I don't move against him quickly in colonial, his shrine boom kills me. So normally I do some xbow harassment in colonial and go up to Fort in the hope that having skirms will give me an edge on his ashi. Problem is, in the time it takes to age his shrine boom really starts kicking and meanwhile he's bringing up the nagis, which mow down skirms in less than a second. I have a better chance in Fort than I do in colonial, but even in Fort, my econ will be trailing his for key minutes. It is a tough battle, to say the least. I have only won a few times against decent Japanese players.
"The German Army will not stand for it!"

-Colonel Bockner, King Solomon's Mines (1985)