Re: Levelling up my cities

Post by BenS64 »

nah i still do the same thing dw lol
IndyBrit
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by IndyBrit »

4v4 expert all day. If you don't rush the computer too quickly, it pretty much maxes you each game, and it's at least somewhat entertaining. Some of the "faster" methods pretty much blow.
petevas
Private
Private

Post by petevas »

Tried some of those comp stomp games but i seem to keep getting brushed aside, too much for me:(
Soccerman771
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Soccerman771 »

Pete - look at Cyclo's guide under download's. Fourth tab from the end. Never had the guts to try it myself, but if you do it should work...

There's also this: http://www.aoe3clan.com/index.php?name= ... tails&id=9
jtackel@hotmail.com

"Do you know how difficult it is to micro Napalm?" - Lazy_Tuga

"This isn't going to work. I've picked a water deck and there isn't even a pond on this map." - Blackadderthe4th
petevas
Private
Private

Post by petevas »

I already know how to max out single player HC's, i need lvling for online HC's :)
lordandcount
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by lordandcount »

do great lakes, 2 player, start in post imp age and game speed fast and keep spamming and deleting plantations, when max xp got you can do big endfight or just resign
NEO_CrAz3n wrote: L&C is sorta the N3O police.
I'm the most annoying officer
Shizle

Post by Shizle »

[quote=""lordandcount""]do great lakes, 2 player, start in post imp age and game speed fast and keep spamming and deleting plantations, when max xp got you can do big endfight or just resign[/quote]And use the card that makes the TAD mills/plantations (whatever they're called for the TAD civs) 50% cheaper. But don't forget to get as many TP's as possible. Anything that generates XP. If you're leveling Japan, perhaps use that card that generates XP from the shrines.
I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

i find comp stomp the most funny way to lvl hc's
plus you usually get to use all aspects of a civ and can fully upgrade everything which rox
Wisdom is the supreme part of happiness. - Sophocles
Happiness belongs to the self-sufficient. - Aristotle
petevas
Private
Private

Post by petevas »

Just tried one today, a 5v3 comp stomp (10 min treaty), was pretty fun, and my first succesfull!!

One of the humans resigned on the 5min mark, another one was gone by 30, but we managed to win it.. Key was holding on defence, till i figured that i should kill the comps villies since they are a bit stupid so i massed 3 groups of 15 naginatas and harassed their villagers (massacred them to be prescise) after that the comp kept sending them at the same locations, also used the jap spy thing to spot them so it was a matter of time to win!

Comp stopms dont seem that difficult now hehe :)
22k xp was the sum for me
(also learned u can keep building shrines after the 200pop)
Soccerman771
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Soccerman771 »

the key to comp stomp - kill villies, towncenters, and have cav and anti-cav ready.
jtackel@hotmail.com

"Do you know how difficult it is to micro Napalm?" - Lazy_Tuga

"This isn't going to work. I've picked a water deck and there isn't even a pond on this map." - Blackadderthe4th
Kaiser_von_Nuben
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Kaiser_von_Nuben »

Comp stomps are beneficial in several ways. Not only do you get XP for your cities, but you can also practice your micro on easy targets and try different BOs. I find the crossing maps best for this: Orinoco and Indochina. Just wall up the crossings in discovery, send some defensive forces to the wall (including forts and outposts) and boom like hell all the way to Imperial. The comp will keep throwing huge armies against the wall, which you will pwn and get extreme XP for. When you're ready, go on the attack with your Imperial army and kick the hell out of them... it takes about an hour from start to finish, but it is more fun than plantation spamming :-P
"The German Army will not stand for it!"

-Colonel Bockner, King Solomon's Mines (1985)
petevas
Private
Private

Post by petevas »

[quote=""Kaiser_von_Nuben""]Comp stomps are beneficial in several ways. Not only do you get XP for your cities, but you can also practice your micro on easy targets and try different BOs. I find the crossing maps best for this: Orinoco and Indochina. Just wall up the crossings in discovery, send some defensive forces to the wall (including forts and outposts) and boom like hell all the way to Imperial. The comp will keep throwing huge armies against the wall, which you will pwn and get extreme XP for. When you're ready, go on the attack with your Imperial army and kick the hell out of them... it takes about an hour from start to finish, but it is more fun than plantation spamming :-P[/quote]

I agree, its nice training for people without many games (like myself)..
Also, with Ashi's its almost to easy, they seem to be anti-everything lol