Alanriah-Shoot_Bogey VS IndyBrit-Nighthawk22

Talk about Strategies and share your Replays here

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

Alanriah
Sergeant
Sergeant

Alanriah-Shoot_Bogey VS IndyBrit-Nighthawk22

Post by Alanriah »

2 Japanese, 1 french, 1 russain Very long and very good game. Good strats all around imo and lots of skirmishes throughout the game. ould be fun to watch. gg ::/
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Nighthawk22
N3O Member
N3O Member

Re: Alanriah-Shoot_Bogey VS IndyBrit-Nighthawk22

Post by Nighthawk22 »

bah, i did horrible compared to Alanriah's russia pwnage :oops:
Soccerman771
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Soccerman771 »

Goodness gracious!!! To all who played the game: Please, please, please, please, please learn what a water deck looks like and use it.

Was a fun watch. Nice walling and booming Shoot, you're getting a good handle on Japan. I knew who would win the game once I checked the explorer names and saw that Shoot's Japan had the better name :)

Lots of skirmishes and raiding, but lots of "down" time. Nighthawk, you did fine, but when you have the advantage, push.

gg
jtackel@hotmail.com

"Do you know how difficult it is to micro Napalm?" - Lazy_Tuga

"This isn't going to work. I've picked a water deck and there isn't even a pond on this map." - Blackadderthe4th
Alanriah
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Alanriah »

yeah soccer im not really sure how to make a good water deck so i use the same deck everytime xD but ill work on it like getting thise stupid advanced plant/mill cards out
Soccerman771
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Soccerman771 »

[quote=""Alanriah""]yeah soccer im not really sure how to make a good water deck so i use the same deck everytime xD but ill work on it like getting thise stupid advanced plant/mill cards out[/quote]

Schooners & 2 Caravels for starters. 600 Wood crates is also good (thats an extra dock and 10 boats). Age I fishing upgrade, 1 Frigate, Improved Warships, team cold water ports, and team coastal defenses in that order are good if you can fit them into your deck. Depends on map and civ matchup. For that game, the first 4 cards could easily have gone into your deck.

Tower/TC the shore (once in age three) and send the arsenal upgrade for damage and you can usually control the water. As no one challenged the water that game, probably would have ended the game at 20 mins...
jtackel@hotmail.com

"This isn't going to work. I've picked a water deck and there isn't even a pond on this map." - Blackadderthe4th
Nighthawk22
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by Nighthawk22 »

yea ill have to make a water deck. It wouldve really helped, and i also really need to be more aggresive.. friends tell me that all the time... i just dont listen :( .... ill work on that.. but i wont be stupid and run into their base at the absolute wrong time. :D
IndyBrit
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by IndyBrit »

Hey French have no schooners. Just saying.

:D
Soccerman771
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Soccerman771 »

[quote=""IndyBrit""]Hey French have no schooners. Just saying.

:D[/quote]

Yes, but French do have very strong native cards which you should have had in your deck. Then with upped natives you could have made canoes instead of fishing boats and had boats that fish with attack ftw...

That and there are other elements to a water deck such as caravels and increased boat attack. :)
jtackel@hotmail.com

Nighthawk22
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by Nighthawk22 »

oooh..hes right 8O
IndyBrit
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by IndyBrit »

Oh sure, slap down my weak excuses. I'll have you know I have a long and storied history of ignoring the water and thereby losing. :P
kingchrisII
Colonel
Colonel

Post by kingchrisII »

get guys, plenty of people have water decks, just go on a top players HC for the civ you want and you're bound to find a water deck :D

If all else fails, check my deck haha!
IndyBrit
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by IndyBrit »

I have water decks. Selecting them is another issue. I put schooners in every deck now, just because I never know when I'm going to want to put boats down and I clicked my old musket spam deck without thinking. However, French don't have schooners and age 2 cards are too precious to include 2 caravels in every deck.

I like the boosted natives thing, because that can work in almost any situation - gonna have to think about adding that angle.
Soccerman771
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Soccerman771 »

Canoe's don't cost pop either Indy...another bonus.
jtackel@hotmail.com