How to get rid of the india rush

Talk about Strategies and share your Replays here

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

EndlessPower
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

How to get rid of the india rush

Post by EndlessPower »

I'd like to hear from you guys some different ways to defend from the India sepoy/gurkha/sowar agra rush, using diferent civs.

Thanks.
Tatltael
Major
Major

Re: How to get rid of the india rush

Post by Tatltael »

die india die

as sioux atm i really like to get a nice little mass of warclubs backed by 10 cetan &4 AR. works nicely

although he didnt agra fort rush, i dont think it would of been too much of a problem if he did. 10 pistolero's sort of ruins agra
Kaiser_von_Nuben
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Kaiser_von_Nuben »

Good question. I have really only dealt with it as the Germans, and I start by massing some xbows to stop the sepoys. I will throw in a few pikes to keep the sowars at bay; hopefully he doesn't build more than the 4 he ships. I use my free uhlans to harass his villies back at his base. With luck that will throw him off a little bit. I always will send my 3 SW card and at some point start massing coin for going fortress. I always feel much more comfortable in fortress with the Germans because I know I will have OP veteran uhlan shipments and will be able to build skirms to kill sepoys pretty easily.

Naturally you'll have to see how far he pushes his rush. You might have to stay colonial a while longer; or he might be semi-FFing himself, in which case you will have urumis and mahmouts to deal with 8O Good scouting will help you make the call.

It's tough to stop a good Indian player... they can mix up their units very well and it can be hard to penetrate gurkha/sepoy/sowar and free redcoats. It works in your favor if they just spam sepoys, but that doesn't happen as much as it used to!
"The German Army will not stand for it!"

-Colonel Bockner, King Solomon's Mines (1985)
Navarone_Guy
Honorary Officer

Post by Navarone_Guy »

Spam ashigaru and all your problems will melt away. :)
Groovy.
Tatltael
Major
Major

Post by Tatltael »

[quote=""Navarone_Guy""]Spam ashigaru and all your problems will melt away. :)[/quote]

dont listen to him he is just trying to trick you :]

gurkha > ashi
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Sporting_Lisbon »

Late colo ashi/nagi owns everything India has. Full ashi too, but ashi/nagi is lamer.
Kaiser_von_Nuben
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Kaiser_von_Nuben »

You got that right, Lisbon. Ashi/nagi makes me shiver :? I saw an expert rec today with Germany trying to beat that combo and it was just a losing proposition. Pikes? (Ashi volley) What pikes? Xbows? (nagi charge) What xbows?
"The German Army will not stand for it!"

-Colonel Bockner, King Solomon's Mines (1985)
Tatltael
Major
Major

Post by Tatltael »

[quote=""Sporting_Lisbon""]Late colo ashi/nagi owns everything India has. Full ashi too, but ashi/nagi is lamer.[/quote]

i disagree; zamburaks > nagi gurkha+sepoy mix > pure ashi
Navarone_Guy
Honorary Officer

Post by Navarone_Guy »

Ashi are OP enough to go even with gurkhas and zamburaks just don't have enough raw firepower to take down nagi, especially with ashi beating the snot out of them the whole time.
Groovy.
Tatltael
Major
Major

Post by Tatltael »

[quote=""Navarone_Guy""]Ashi are OP enough to go even with gurkhas and zamburaks just don't have enough raw firepower to take down nagi, especially with ashi beating the snot out of them the whole time.[/quote]

im not sure if im wrong but dont zamburaks multipliers in colonial send their damage to something like ~100 damage? 3-4 shot kill is not bad at all if you consider the cost of nagi compared to cost of zamb. especially considering speed

laming india against japan works okay
EndlessPower
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by EndlessPower »

Japan is the actually the only way I can beat a well structured India rush, I was wondering if you guys did it with some other civs tho :o
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

I don't find India rushes hard to beat, I find India's late colo hard to beat.
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

In the topic Luigi says he knew that he wouldn't go Nagis, not to mention the huge difference of skill levels :) ( Luigi's max pr is 48, Xiphos is 41 )
ruminator
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by ruminator »

[quote=""Sporting_Lisbon""]
In the topic Luigi says he knew that he wouldn't go Nagis, not to mention the huge difference of skill levels :) ( Luigi's max pr is 48, Xiphos is 41 )[/quote]

Sporting - is there that much of a difference between say PR 41 and PR48? Certanly between say PR13- P20 for example, but at that level the differences are presumably minor and often down to civ useage.
"Could you, would you, with a goat? Would you, could you, on a boat?" Doctor Seuss

"Why does the Air Force need expensive new bombers? Have the people we've been bombing over the years been complaining?"
George Wallace
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

There's a difference, that's why there are few people in the 45-50 range. By pr, Luigi is the number 19 (only pr 44 atm) while Xiphos is the number 53. By 1v1 ELO, Luigi is number 9, Xiphos number 38. Top 10 vs Top 40...