Happy Fourth of july

You can talk about anything here

Moderator: Global Moderator

Navarone_Guy
Honorary Officer

Re: Happy Fourth of july

Post by Navarone_Guy »

Alright, I'll watch the rest of it later. My bad.
Groovy.
Soccerman771
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Soccerman771 »

[quote=""LaZy""]No. My point is that some much deeper reflection needs 2 take place by us all. I dont despise any nation, nor any People. The point is that ,as was first stated in this thread, Americans shouldnt just "...read the declaration..." on this day alone. They should read a lot more on every other "normal day" in order to literally WAKE UP.

Soccer I meant no disrespect towards the "founding fathers". They were no saints! Great, courageous visionary men, but no saints. The great, late, George Carlin just had a diferent way of stating things that people forget.[/quote]

So is there anything positive about these guys? Not saints, but they never claimed to be and the 'average' American doesn't even know who Thomas Payne is... Thomas Jefferson was about 300 years before his time, maybe Ben Franklin too.

Do you know much about how the Portuguese treated the land owners in South America when they were assimilating those peoples?

Carlin was simply being crude and offensive and very anti-American.
jtackel@hotmail.com

"Do you know how difficult it is to micro Napalm?" - Lazy_Tuga

"This isn't going to work. I've picked a water deck and there isn't even a pond on this map." - Blackadderthe4th
LaZy
Honorary Officer

Post by LaZy »

Soccer what the ports did to land owners in South America (Brazil 2 b more precise!) was nothing compared to the horrors that took place in Africa. Something Im not proud of. But that we can discuss in a thread entitled something other then "happy 4th of July"

Out
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Sporting_Lisbon »

Do you know much about how the Portuguese treated the land owners in South America when they were assimilating those peoples?
No one said Portuguese history was stenchless :) Just pick the Inquisition which is easier to see how embarrassing it was, cause Brazil treatment wasn't half as bad as it was done by our Spanish brothers. Africa is a shame too, for what the Portuguese did and for what the Africans did too.