Talk about Strategies and share your Replays here

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

Comadevil
Administrator
Administrator
AOE3 Nickname: Comadevil

Re: RTSL vs VIE

Post by Comadevil »

And we have now sk in our group because Mib didn't schedule in time, so it is gonna to be very hard. Vie was seeded 1st place in our group
I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

even game 1 was already lost at the 6 min... they simply had shipped 3 team cards MORE than us = gg
Wisdom is the supreme part of happiness. - Sophocles
Happiness belongs to the self-sufficient. - Aristotle
KingKaramazov
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by KingKaramazov »

Yea, we need to utilize more team cards and work together more -- getting treasures together, doing all military movements together, etc.
"Why are some people all grasshopper fiddlings, scrappings, all antennae shivering, one big ganglion eternally knotting, slip-knotting, square-knotting themselves? They stoke a furnace all their lives, sweat their lips, shine their ey
Comadevil
Administrator
Administrator
AOE3 Nickname: Comadevil

Post by Comadevil »

[quote=""KingKaramazov""]Yea, we need to utilize more team cards and work together more -- getting treasures together, doing all military movements together, etc.[/quote]

This is quite true, though treasures together is only a viable option for maps with big treasures and with Japan and mountain warrior almost OP. Small treasures everybody can get alone. Problem are explorer fights which are much more common on higher levels due to the XP u get.
And team cards depend on civ and strat. Talking about strat.....
Blackadderthe4th
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Blackadderthe4th »

I noticed that in both games no-one bothered with cav or cav defense with their starting troops, I'm quite surprised about this. In most team games there is usually one guy who goes cav and with good reason. If you go cav the other guys has to get anti cav which are either slow moving pikes who can't catch up or HI that are ripped apart by the LI. Going double cav is also a risky strat but can pay off hugely.

Think we need to work on our rushing a bit, maybe instead of rushing we should try to play more defensively? Perhaps trying an ff strat on texas or something? There was an otto FI with team sphais that was very effective last year.
KingKaramazov
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by KingKaramazov »

seems to me that the more people there are in a game, the more potent ranged troops are going to be.

when ranged troops approach critical mass pretty much nothing can beat them, so it makes more sense to have people on your team go for mostly ranged units with some anti cav for siege / meat-shield. at least for 3v3 and definitely 4v4. cav becomes necessary when people get cannons which can easily pwn large groups of infantry if left unchecked.

but that's just what occurs to me...im not a huge team player so i guess i dunno.
"Why are some people all grasshopper fiddlings, scrappings, all antennae shivering, one big ganglion eternally knotting, slip-knotting, square-knotting themselves? They stoke a furnace all their lives, sweat their lips, shine their ey
Blackadderthe4th
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Blackadderthe4th »

Well when I've played team games battles start with each player having only 10-15 units, sometimes less if FBs end up right next to each other. At this point a few units of cav is deadly. Sending the 5 cossack card as Russia instead of 13 strelets is a great way to give you an early advantage against LI spammers.
KingKaramazov
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by KingKaramazov »

Yea, early on I see how that would work. Later though the only cav I see that would make a huge difference in a large battle would be Cuirs.
blayzer13
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by blayzer13 »

nav is amazing with cav, and i could start practicing raiding again (it used to be all i was good at)