Some Aztec Rec's (Feedback appreciated!!!)

Talk about Strategies and share your Replays here

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

Blackadderthe4th
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Re: Some Aztec Rec's (Feedback appreciated!!!)

Post by Blackadderthe4th »

If anyones got tips for me than that would be appreciated as well. Was a relentless game and should be a good watch.
Tatltael
Major
Major

Post by Tatltael »

russia vs. aztec sucks for the russia :[ but your best bet as russia would be to go musk / cossack and keep a few stretlets lying around for the anti-puma. when you see coyote make sure to match them with your cossack/ musk &keep musk away from mace

cheers :]
huGGy
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by huGGy »

Could you give me some tipps for aztecs as well? :P
Tatltael
Major
Major

Post by Tatltael »

id be happy to, ill give the game a watch
Tatltael
Major
Major

Post by Tatltael »

alright! from the start, hopefully i remembered this in the right order

pretty smooth age-up, though there was a nice 95 wood treasure sitting near your base, extra wood helps aztec rush alot.

scouting is key in any game, but especially vs. japan. you want to look for hunts so when you plants down some of his shrines, you'll know where they are.

there was one shrine in your LOS when you aged, you could of easily taken it down with the 2 sk.

when you were running around in his base, you should of moved the 2 skull knights and mace independently to take advantage of their 4.5 speed.

nice job with the first fight! you had the advantage to harass him right there.

you shipped 6 puma at a weird time though, i would of gone with the 9 mace.

when you noticed his stable, you should of immediately put 6 vills on gold for puma, you didnt have enough puma when his horses arrived, the 6 puma shipment would of been nice to have here :[

instead of shipping schooners, 6puma would of been ideal.

but since you had schooners, you should of put your dock farther down the coast so it was hidden.

while your warpriests were dancing out more warpriests, the additional never made it to the firepit :[

its just little things that add up, you could of easily won this with a couple more puma! hopefully i wasnt too harsh. cheers :]
huGGy
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by huGGy »

Thanks man. It was one of my first aztecs game. After a few games i've realized how strong pumas are. Still got some problems to manage all the things and keep everything in my head, but it's getting better with every game.
huGGy
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by huGGy »

Here's a game vs a pr28 captain playing japan. First time i had a good ressource management (well the last 1-2 i was concentrated on the fight and i new it was pretty much over).

Well don't know if i outplayed him, or if aztec > japan. Nevertheless i think it was a good game and is a good watch, though not everything was perfect (forgot to pimp the wc aura again).

Btw: Could anyone of the experienced Aztec players give me an overview in which buildings i can get extra troops? Like: TC > jaguar, Houses > Maces and so on. Would be pretty helpful.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Sun_Tzu1
Major
Major

Post by Sun_Tzu1 »

See Cyclo's Guide. But basically:

TC = 3/6/12 Jags

House = Maces

Warhut = Pumas

Noble Hut = Arrow Knights

Farm = Eagles

Plantation = Skulls

Dock = 4 Tlalocs

FP = XP Aura improvement

Market = 2000 XP (but never used that one!)

Hope that helps.
huGGy
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by huGGy »

[quote=""Sun_Tzu1""]See Cyclo's Guide. But basically:

TC = 3/6/12 Jags

House = Maces

Warhut = Pumas

Noble Hut = Arrow Knights

Farm = Eagles

Plantation = Skulls

Dock = 4 Tlalocs

FP = XP Aura improvement

Market = 2000 XP (but never used that one!)

Hope that helps.[/quote]

Alot. Thanks Bro :)
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Sporting_Lisbon »

Will watch.
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Sporting_Lisbon »

1. I'm not a big fan of 2 sk poli age up, but ok.

2. First thing to take out from Jap is the rax. No more rax, no more ashis which is good. Shrines are often too easy to replace, Wonders and consu have too much hp.

3. When moving around your troops dont get the sk in the same group as the others. The 4 speed slows down everyone when you want to get out of tc fire radius asap.

4. What an ashi feast!

That was well done, good pressure, good unit picking, good coyo owning :p Still this dude could have lamed harder, dunno how it'd be if he had shrine boomed.

I'm not an 'expert' with aztecs but I think you're bo was ok.
huGGy
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by huGGy »

Thanks man. Yeah he didn't play that well. I aged up with skull knights to have some siege for shrines and his rax + some extra anti cav. On deccan i would go fast age up, cause the ressources are already gathered and you can make alot of pressure early on. Vs germans i often use this warhut age up. Don't know if it's good but that way i have more wood for houses and can spam coyotes better.