Otto strats anyone?

Talk about Strategies and share your Replays here

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

EndlessPower
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Re: Otto strats anyone?

Post by EndlessPower »

It takes quite an aztec army to take you down if you have a decent number of Abus covered by something else like hussars or jans.

Making an army takes time, if you defend his attempt(s) to rush on colonial with the abus and the tc covered with some other backup unit of your choice, I think you should be ok to go fortress, at least sounds logical.
I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

otto inbase mass beats aztec rush np
it's the aztec boom (10WP) that could be a lot harder to beat
Wisdom is the supreme part of happiness. - Sophocles
Happiness belongs to the self-sufficient. - Aristotle
ruminator
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by ruminator »

It's the initial turtle and 10wp followed by mace and coyote spam and then maybe some puma spearment as well. I'm not worried by a rush as I can send CM with towers and keep them off.

I don't think that abus v mace is resource well spent. He can maybe have 30 mace for 10-15 abus. Even if I win I can't then replace as quick as he can and I also need to drop a barracks or stable for anti-coyote. The only option appears to be cannon with anti-cav meatshield but any arrow knights and I am potentially in trouble.

I think that maybe age up with 4 hussars, send 2 falc and 1000 gold to build 2 more cannon and build some janns to protect the cannons.
"Could you, would you, with a goat? Would you, could you, on a boat?" Doctor Seuss

"Why does the Air Force need expensive new bombers? Have the people we've been bombing over the years been complaining?"
George Wallace
EndlessPower
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by EndlessPower »

I'm not so good at Otto, but I've seen otto players walling up and going industiral with their church card and then bring out all those bombards with spahis.
I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

thinking about the following strat:

age I
build mosque & do faster vil upgrade
age up with 500 food
save ur 1st shipment!

age II
ship 700 gold
start aging between 4'40" & 5'00" with fast age up politician

age III (5'40" or sooner)
ship 1000 wood
build 2nd TC
get rax up and some houses

otto have good shipments in age III: 8 jans, 5 hussars, 5 mams, 5 spahis, 2 falcos...

maybe try to advance to age IV ?

opinions?
ruminator
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by ruminator »

FF is good provided they don't raid with coyote runners.

I think you need to be aggressive in fortress and 1000 wood will be your 4th/5th card after spahi and falc. Otherwise you won't have any military for nearly 8 minutes!!
"Could you, would you, with a goat? Would you, could you, on a boat?" Doctor Seuss

"Why does the Air Force need expensive new bombers? Have the people we've been bombing over the years been complaining?"
George Wallace
I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

this was ment as general strat, not specific vs aztecs or so

you have 2 TC for defense (+MM) and your 3rd shipment will be military, which should arrive around the 7'00" + locally build some jans
I don't see why you wont have any military sub 8 min

going agressive is possible, but since you rely on shipments, I doubt you could get enough pressure out, 2 falcs are good but you need to be able to protect em well
ruminator
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by ruminator »

Chaos, I totally agree that reaching fortress as soon as possible is the best way forward for Ottoman. When playing them though I feel vulnerable about this time and against someone who stays in age 2 and masses military a few janns and minutemen is effectively no military (or is that just the way I play) - especially if they attack before you can collect the 1000 wood and get your second t/c up.

I will give the fast age up rather than the 4 abus or 4 hussar poli a try - but still think that maybe 5 spahi as first card followed by 1000 wood may be a bit safer.

George Wallace
I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

you wont have the food for 5 spahi's, but if they are rushing you, you can obviously send 8 jans or 5 hussars to counter it
but how many civs can really rush ottoman sub 6 min ???