EURO 2008

You can talk about anything here

Moderator: Global Moderator

Aravinthan
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Re: EURO 2008

Post by Aravinthan »

I tought germany would win easly, but turkey was tougher than expected. ITs true germany were lucky to wi nthsi game, but turkey was lucky to ge tto semi-finals. I never ever doubted that germany will win this game. Much too obvious...
A master Piece done by cleeduz
scoop10
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by scoop10 »

Spain is playing the best soccer in the world right now. No side is quicker and have the touch the Spaniards have. Their give and go one-twos are backbreaking and the foresight of the midfielders (fabregass) to release the forwards is amazing.

Their defense has finally settled down If Spain plays on Sunday like they did today and Germany doesn't improve dramatically on their performance against Turkey, the European champion will be Spain.
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Sporting_Lisbon »

Unless Germany plays defensive like hell and scores goals as we're used to see them score Spain's gonna overwhelm them. Russia was a bit too pale to test Spain.
huGGy
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by huGGy »

Spain will have the same problems with Germany, Portugal had before. Sure Spain can win it, but it'll be a completely different matchup. Spain had difficulties with teams like Sweden or Italy as well. Plus it's the final and this pressure from outside will play a big role as well.
KingKaramazov
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by KingKaramazov »

I think Spain is winning this. They are the better team, and have been playing really well.

Germany could definitely win, but my money is (literally) on Spain.

I'm surprised the Spanish team doesn't include Raul though. I only noticed that today, haha. It seems strange because Raul is one of the best Spanish players if I recall correctly. Oh well.
"Why are some people all grasshopper fiddlings, scrappings, all antennae shivering, one big ganglion eternally knotting, slip-knotting, square-knotting themselves? They stoke a furnace all their lives, sweat their lips, shine their ey
Comadevil
Administrator
Administrator
AOE3 Nickname: Comadevil

Post by Comadevil »

Raul has been left for matter of team spirit i think.

Spain didn't win anything because they weren't a team. Catalans, Spains and bask people don't like each other so much
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Yep, they wanted to be like Portugal hehe
scoop10
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by scoop10 »

[quote=""Comadevil""]Raul has been left for matter of team spirit i think.

Spain didn't win anything because they weren't a team. Catalans, Spains and bask people don't like each other so much[/quote]

thats why england havent won anything!!!

we have a north south divide..... isnt that right all u southern softies ;)
scoop10
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by scoop10 »

[quote=""luukje""]A penalty is just pure pressure for the shooter. In practice the goal looks so big and the keeper so tiny. When the heat is on, that keeper seems to double in size, his arms grow inches by the second, and those posts seem to get closer and closer to each other (even more so in a shoot-out compared with a normal matchplay situation).

I kicked my first and last official penalty when I was 13 or 14, to win our local club youth tourney...and missed by two or three yards. I have always been a good kicker (free kicks and corners are my thing) but I have refused any penalty since then.

Better to get some 90 kg brainless centre back just ramming the ball home, than a shaky nervy type like me.

and roger: ROFL[/quote]

The perfect..... penalty

Foregt bending it like beckham - When the pressure is on< the perfect way to belt one home is to just smash it like shearer.

Dr David leiws, a mathematician from the university of liverpool, has developed a formula for the perfect spot kick. "until now penalty taking has been described as a lottery one that England has bought a ticket to but lost when it mattered" says lewis.
The ideal velocity for the ball is 25-29 meters per second and the number of steps to be taken should be 4 to 6. along run up of 10meters is the least sucessful, it will obviously be to you advantage to aim the ball away from the man wearing the gloves. 8)
scoop10
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by scoop10 »

i realy dont knorw why im posting this... but its for u americans out there.....

on this day

The United States football team, mostly containing part-timers, causes a World Cup upset by beating England 1-0 during the World Cup group matches in Brazil. :(:(:(:(:(:(:(
Soccerman771
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Soccerman771 »

Well, we can't call Spain chokers now..at least for 1 tourney. They deserved to win. Germany played like *&$^..
jtackel@hotmail.com

"Do you know how difficult it is to micro Napalm?" - Lazy_Tuga

"This isn't going to work. I've picked a water deck and there isn't even a pond on this map." - Blackadderthe4th
huGGy
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by huGGy »

:cry:
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Viva la España!
scoop10
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by scoop10 »

[quote=""scoop10""]hmm alot of support for germany well the do have the easy side of the draw but im backing spain.....

:D :D :D :D :D :D
KingKaramazov
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by KingKaramazov »

Alright Spain! I won $10 hahaha.
"Why are some people all grasshopper fiddlings, scrappings, all antennae shivering, one big ganglion eternally knotting, slip-knotting, square-knotting themselves? They stoke a furnace all their lives, sweat their lips, shine their ey