New Banner

You can talk about anything here

Moderator: Global Moderator

NEO_CrAz3n
Honorary Leader
Honorary Leader

Re: New Banner

Post by NEO_CrAz3n »

I'm sure you guys know this but just in case, you can download some pretty nice free font packs.

Free Fonts
"Please accept my resignation. I don't care to belong to any club that will have me as a member." -Groucho Marx

"Any strat that beats me is lame." -CrAz3n

"Quoting yourself is just as bad as speaking about yourself in the third-person." -CrAz3n
KingKaramazov
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by KingKaramazov »

Guys, what does N3O stand for anyways?
"Why are some people all grasshopper fiddlings, scrappings, all antennae shivering, one big ganglion eternally knotting, slip-knotting, square-knotting themselves? They stoke a furnace all their lives, sweat their lips, shine their ey
lordandcount
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by lordandcount »

The original name was NEO-clan (back in the aok days) that stould for Never Ever Old. When they changed to aoe 3 it was changed to N3O, so it's NEO clan for aoe3 clan
NEO_CrAz3n wrote: L&C is sorta the N3O police.
I'm the most annoying officer
KingKaramazov
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by KingKaramazov »

Alright. :D
"Why are some people all grasshopper fiddlings, scrappings, all antennae shivering, one big ganglion eternally knotting, slip-knotting, square-knotting themselves? They stoke a furnace all their lives, sweat their lips, shine their ey
blayzer13
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by blayzer13 »

u know sadly for all the many years i have been playing aoe i never heard of u guys back in aok days
NEO_CrAz3n
Honorary Leader
Honorary Leader

Post by NEO_CrAz3n »

Well, back in AOK we played mostly ip games. We had 15 guys that met every Thursday night and played. We had forums and a website but kept to ourselves pretty much. Nasty and I were the leaders. I was the ladder operator and webmaster. We did that for 3 or 4 years until AOE3 was released.
Last edited by NEO_CrAz3n on Mon Dec 10, 2007 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Please accept my resignation. I don't care to belong to any club that will have me as a member." -Groucho Marx

"Any strat that beats me is lame." -CrAz3n

"Quoting yourself is just as bad as speaking about yourself in the third-person." -CrAz3n
djdan
N3O Member
N3O Member
Steam: SpanktheMonkey

Post by djdan »

Strokey on the fonts you provided i think the bottom right one looks the best imo. It looks more AOE3 or TAD than the others ones, then the top left one.
The middle right one looks good, but doesnt fit in with AOE3, it looks more futuristic type design.
The others just look pretty basic.
From the OP maker of the OP Sigs, Cleeduz brings maybe some of his best work yet!
KingKaramazov
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by KingKaramazov »

I would say bottom right or top left.

Can you tell me exactly which ones those are so maybe I can try to do something with them?
StrokeyBlofeld
Clan Leader
Clan Leader

Post by StrokeyBlofeld »

I'll check and post it up.
StrokeyBlofeld
Clan Leader
Clan Leader

Post by StrokeyBlofeld »

The bottom right one is "Calligraphic".
KingKaramazov
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by KingKaramazov »

Hey guys, I know you still probably hate the font, but I've done some work on the rest of the banner, trying to make the colors fit a bit better and also making the background a little more interesting by putting some faint map outlines on it.

http://img2.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/2600b855e8.jpg

Here's a version without text in case somebody wants to put text on it:

http://img2.freeimagehosting.net/image. ... cc2f93.jpg
Cyclohexane
Honorary Officer

Post by Cyclohexane »

[quote=""StrokeyBlofeld""]I can reduce the depth.... it is all adjustable, the depth, the shadow, lighting, bevel, etc. I think the colour is funny due to the lighting angles.

Some box standard fonts, ignore the colours, they are just default. Again, everything is adjustable.

Image[/quote]

I like the middle one to the right. Is there any way to include bullet holes on the font? Bullet holes would be sweet...
Lead, Follow, or Get the Hell out of the way!

QUICK REFERENCE GUIDE & AOE3 TWC TAD UNIT COMPARISON:
AOE3 TWC TAD Quick Reference & AOE3 TWC TAD UNIT COMPARISON
KingKaramazov
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by KingKaramazov »

Might be possible to do that, I'm not exactly sure how but I might be able to figure it out.
Navarone_Guy
Honorary Officer

Post by Navarone_Guy »

I also like the middle right one. They're all fine though.
Groovy.
StrokeyBlofeld
Clan Leader
Clan Leader

Post by StrokeyBlofeld »

I think that background is much better KK.