Question about other civs equivalent "booms" to Japan

Talk about Strategies and share your Replays here

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

Tatltael
Major
Major

Question about other civs equivalent "booms" to Japan

Post by Tatltael »

in particular, i was wondering if anyone could give me any insight at how to boom with sioux in an equivalent manner to japan, you know. to keep up eco-wise early age-2.. etc.

just a thought because i recently tried the tojos again, seeing as i hadnt played them since 1.00. my build order generally consists of me reaching 10/10 pop, gathering 350 wood from crates/trees/treasures, getting port. consulate up, sending heavenly kami card, making two shrines, and continuing villy production, aging with a wonder that costs 680 food.

well. i was just curious if there is some method of booming in an equal manner for civs like sioux, or spain.
36drew
Honorary Officer

Re: Question about other civs equivalent "booms" to Japan

Post by 36drew »

You can't really boom with sioux. You need to keep pressure on with raids and whatnot. Eventually you can use the firepit, but it's not a crazy boom or anything.

With spain you can ship -> 3 vil, 5 vil, 4 vil -> and get market upgrades and have a deecent eco.
Navarone_Guy
Honorary Officer

Post by Navarone_Guy »

Trust me, if you want to boom, don't use Sioux. Go Ports, Brits, or something like that.
Groovy.
luukje
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by luukje »

Dont they have fertility dance?
(I wouldnt recommend a sioux boom strat)
TheRam
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by TheRam »

With Sioux you need to focus on raiding early game, if you get him stuck within his TC, or are spamming alot of food you may find it eventually worthwhile to put 10 or so briefly on fertility dance and liquidate your food, I've done it and it works well, but you've gotta be really confident the eco boost will help you in the long run.
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Sporting_Lisbon »

Sioux is to kill not to boom. The closest thing you have to boom is when you age to fortress with 20% hunt gathering politician and you get vills on fertility dance.
Tatltael
Major
Major

Post by Tatltael »

hehe thanks for the feedback, i just wanted to make sure that there wasnt something that i was missing out on :]
LaZy
Honorary Officer

Post by LaZy »

[quote=""Tatltael""]hehe thanks for the feedback, i just wanted to make sure that there wasnt something that i was missing out on :][/quote]

:)

Out

PS i find when u play Sioux ur doing enough damage without needing 2 worry about booming bro ;P
DrWho42
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by DrWho42 »

I have a seen Sioux boom in colonial. It was a recording (TWC) of Parfait playing against the dutch. He aged with the 500 food politician and built a firepit during age up. During transition, most of his villagers on food, so with the age up food, he had a good stockpile. He then put about 10 vils on the firepit fertility dance and spammed out a mass of villagers. His first colonial shipment was the 4 axe rider card which he used to raid and treasure gather. I think his dutch opponent was doing a 4 bank FF, so Parfait really didn't need to worry about creating an army in colonial. He went to fortress just about the time the dutch player did and eventually overwelmed him with axe riders and wakina rifles. You might still be able to find a copy of the recording at age sanctuary.

Now this sort of thing would only work against certain civs that rarely rush, dutch, ports... With the TAD patch it might not be possible in all cases because the Sioux are not always getting 100 wood at the start. Plus I think they reduced the firepit effectiveness by 20% in this last patch.

It is possible for the Sioux to boom, it just has to be against the right opponent at the right time.

Cheers.

"Any hussar who isn't dead by thirty is goldbricking." General Lasalle
Sun_Tzu1
Major
Major

Post by Sun_Tzu1 »

I suppose Sioux have the option of getting Advanced Trade Posts on certain maps.
DrWho42
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by DrWho42 »

[quote=""Sun_Tzu1""]I suppose Sioux have the option of getting Advanced Trade Posts on certain maps.[/quote]Or they could send the 3 Trade Post Travois card and then research stagecoach. This is an age 2 card, so it would be a tough choice to ship it as the first colonial card or the 4 axe rider card. Hmmm....?

"Any hussar who isn't dead by thirty is goldbricking." General Lasalle
I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

before the last patch where sioux lost 100 wood and fertility got nerfed hard, I had a nice boom strat
build the firepit from start and had 2 vils dancing (fertility) adding one or 2 more after shipping 3. You aged up with 20+ vils.
Nowadays, it would fail completely
Wisdom is the supreme part of happiness. - Sophocles
Happiness belongs to the self-sufficient. - Aristotle
EndlessPower
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by EndlessPower »

[quote=""I__CHAOS__I""]before the last patch where sioux lost 100 wood and fertility got nerfed hard, I had a nice boom strat
build the firepit from start and had 2 vils dancing (fertility) adding one or 2 more after shipping 3. You aged up with 20+ vils.
Nowadays, it would fail completely[/quote]

Yeah, remembers me the old times in TWC. I used to boom alot with fertility dance like that too, now it's totaly impossible :/
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Sporting_Lisbon »

Nah it still works. But it has to be done later on :\ They should have nerfed it later on, not early on. (Getting max vills in a few mins was completely ridiculous)