Blizzard to Announce New Game

You can talk about anything here

Moderator: Global Moderator

Navarone_Guy
Honorary Officer

Re: Blizzard to Announce New Game

Post by Navarone_Guy »

It really isn't dying. N3O is just getting bigger and bigger and not that many people have left AOE3. The stretching of the non-AOE3 discussion rule is probably just cause of the fact that a lot of good games are coming out right now.
Groovy.
TheRam
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by TheRam »

Diablo II was far better than WoW could ever be, but you can't compare the two games really they aren't the same.
Diablo II kicks WoWs ass imho, WoW forces you to eat your life whilst I can still get a level 80 (/100) character in 3 days on Diablo II.
Also all the interesting aspects of WoW were ripped from the Diablo series.
If it's Diablo III I'll DEFINATELY be purchasing that, even if it had a monthly fee (subject to reviews)
36drew
Honorary Officer

Post by 36drew »

[quote=""KingKaramazov""]I won't give up AoE3 completely when SC2 comes out but let me tell you, I am going to play that game A LOT. Haha.

SC2 will be awesome.

I think Diablo 3 could be a great game too. AFter Hellgate became a huge disappointment, I'm not really optimistic about anybody but Blizzard making a worthy follow up to D2 in the hack and slash genre.

According to Diabloii.net, it's already certain that the announcement will be Diablo 3. But you never know....[/quote]

x2
Comadevil
Administrator
Administrator
AOE3 Nickname: Comadevil

Post by Comadevil »

[quote=""ZoRPrimE""]
AOE3 must be dying. [/quote]

Don't think so too. The Age series had always a hardcore community. And AOE3 will also survive SC2 though some players will go to SC2.
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Sporting_Lisbon »

Diablo II was far better than WoW could ever be, but you can't compare the two games really they aren't the same.
Diablo II kicks WoWs *** imho, WoW forces you to eat your life whilst I can still get a level 80 (/100) character in 3 days on Diablo II.
Also all the interesting aspects of WoW were ripped from the Diablo series.
If it's Diablo III I'll DEFINATELY be purchasing that, even if it had a monthly fee (subject to reviews)

Well if the point is to to get lvl 70 asap then yes it will force you to eat your life ^^ I have a low lvl char and it still is a lot of fun :\ The games are different, Diablo was a lot of fun too, too bad I didn't play it online.

Concerning AOE3 dying it's obvious that there aren't as many players as there were in the beginning of vanilla but the diminishing of players number happens to all games with time. Still, the community is alive enough to bring out tournaments, have a big clan like ours, and ensure us a lot of fun :p

Patches should come faster tho -.-
EndlessPower
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by EndlessPower »

I'm really not a Blizzard guy. You know, the whole monster thing and crazy abilities with magic crpa and etc etc, I prefer the good old sword'n'gun way of the Age series (+ the imho wonderful component of the historical facts base).

WoW = "$%"$%#%&"#" just hate it. I CANNOT play a game where the major and above-all factor of victory is the time you spend on it. I CANNOT stand to see the world playing (massively) a game that makes you turn into a total nerd with no brain that dedicates his life near-entirely to a game just to be good at it, I CANNOT be made to agree with that in ANY WAY.

"It's not about the time you spend on it, it's about the equipment and items you have and the way you use them."
A: Oh and getting good equipment and items doesn't take you ages?! And to use them you must get them I suppose? That would still take ages!

Diablo = Never played it.

Starcraft = Oldschool RTS, played just a few games for curiosity, doesn't look bad and it's definitely a good game for people who enjoy the style.

Same goes for WIII, which I've played before AOE and which I enjoy for some occasional games, stil not as good as AOE.

The thing is, this type of games has a community way bigger than the age series, way way way bigger. Why? I just don't get it, I see any game of the Age series, comparing to any of the others from Blizzard, as a much more complex and interesting game.

I really thing ES should do everything in their reach to extend the community since I think (for players like most of us in N3O, who play AOE, occasionaly, for fun, enjoying to improve but not in any way living for it) the game is alot more interesting than any of those from Blizzard.
I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

what about Sierra? they had empire earth series, dunno if they are making any new RTS games, but I liked EE I
anybody played EE II or III ?
Wisdom is the supreme part of happiness. - Sophocles
Happiness belongs to the self-sufficient. - Aristotle
Comadevil
Administrator
Administrator
AOE3 Nickname: Comadevil

Post by Comadevil »

EE3 is crap as i have read. Also the price dropped very short after release. That isn't a good sign either.
RascalJones
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by RascalJones »

Yeah, I've not heard anything GOOD about EE3.

Now, World in Conflict is an amazingly pretty game...I've played the demo of that. VERY different from AOE3, even if they are essentially the same "style" of game. Using WASD to move around the map in an RTS is just strange, but it almost puts you above and behind your troops rather than above them....which makes for neat gameplay.

Company of Heroes is pretty cool too. I got it free with the video card I got with my new PC. I've played the first 2-3 chapters of the campaign. When it upgraded to use Direct X 10 on my new machine it was like a new game completely.
KingKaramazov
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by KingKaramazov »

Sierra rarely ever releases good, polished games.

Blizzard games are always so popular because they always have fairly widespread appeal and also because they always have a really high level of polish. On top of that, Blizzard is one of the best companies when it comes to providing ongoing community support for their games in the form of balance and content patches, community events, tournaments, and so on.

It's easier for Blizzard to do a lot of those things nowadays because they are such a huge company. They haven't always been, though, but for a long time their games have set a high standard.
"Why are some people all grasshopper fiddlings, scrappings, all antennae shivering, one big ganglion eternally knotting, slip-knotting, square-knotting themselves? They stoke a furnace all their lives, sweat their lips, shine their ey
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Sporting_Lisbon »

Blizzard is an example of how not that good games make profit just with community support.
EndlessPower
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by EndlessPower »

[quote=""Sporting_Lisbon""]Blizzard is an example of how not that good games make profit just with community support.[/quote]

+1
Hydrovert5
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Hydrovert5 »

Diablo 2 is just a point and click game. I still play it to this day nonetheless. Diablo 3 would be great.
EndlessPower
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by EndlessPower »

I start to think I should get Diablo :)
KingKaramazov
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by KingKaramazov »

Blizzard games are never ground breaking or super original but they are always really solid and good. It's not just because of community support.
"Why are some people all grasshopper fiddlings, scrappings, all antennae shivering, one big ganglion eternally knotting, slip-knotting, square-knotting themselves? They stoke a furnace all their lives, sweat their lips, shine their ey