The Sioux Early-Aggressive Raid

Talk about Strategies and share your Replays here

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

The Sioux Early-Aggressive Raid

Post by Sporting_Lisbon »

Finally they decided to post a strat for a non OP civ. Thumbs up for Wacko for this innovative strat, I'm not sure if it works tho.

http://forum.agecommunity.com/forums/thread/709470.aspx

The 'Sioux Early-Aggressive Raid'

Premise of the strat:

To utilize the Sioux’s speed cavalry and military shipments to damage your opponent’s economy more than you damage your own.

Build Order:

* At the start of the game you’re going to collect ONLY your food crates and queue 3 villagers. All villagers will go to food, with 1 villager herding any nearby huntables.

* Send your Warchief immediately towards the enemy base to steal any treasures around him. Why take close treasures when you’re much faster than him, right?

* Upon collecting the 800 food necessary for aging up you’ll want to choose the ‘Messenger' (Fast Age Up) tribal member. During the transition to Colonial you should have 6 villagers on food and 2 on gold.

* Once you’ve reached Colonial your first shipment should be 4 Axe Riders. Use these to raid enemy villagers and keep him from gathering resources. If he has somehow managed to herd everything into an easily defended position you can use these troops to help gather any large treasures on the map.

* The first 3 villagers you create in Colonial should go to gold, then after that villager coming out should head to wood so you can create a War Hut. (You have 6 on food, 5 on gold, then guys on wood until you can afford a War Hut)

* Your second shipment will be 3 Axe Riders, use these with your initial Axe Riders for additional raiding power, or on big treasure maps extra treasure gathering ability.

* Your 3rd shipment will be 10 pistolero, you should have 500 gold just in time for this. Once you have the necessary 500 gold for these re-distribute your villagers to food and wood as you see fit for your army.

* At this point in the game you have options. One is that you used a War Hut and can mass a Cetan Bow/WarClub army with your Axe Riders an Pistolero. The other is to create Bow Riders and massively raid your opponent. This is very map dependent and civ dependent so using correct judgement here is crucial. Personally, against a non-musk civ I’ll go Cetan/War Club, and against Musk civs I’ll stick with Bow Riders but this is a matter of preference.

This strategy leads to extremely exciting and intense gameplay. I hope you enjoy it, and have fun killing all of those undefended villagers. :)
Aravinthan
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Re: The Sioux Early-Aggressive Raid

Post by Aravinthan »

Thanks, now I can use the strat that used to kill me:)
Can you post a screenshot of your deck?
A master Piece done by cleeduz
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Hey, the strat is not mine ^^

Well the essential cards are 4 axe riders, 3 axe riders, 10 pistoleros. You can add whatever you want. I suggest 700 coin, 7 warclubs, 6 cetans, warchief card, those are always good.
Tatltael
Major
Major

Post by Tatltael »

:) :) im happy to see help for the sioux players. much better than the agra vod
Navarone_Guy
Honorary Officer

Post by Navarone_Guy »

Wow, this strat looks like a lot of fun. I might just try this sometime. :)
Groovy.
BashUgood
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by BashUgood »

Hmmm this might be just what I was looking for... though I'm liking Tatl's Sioux strat atm...

I used it vs an aztec player, I gave him no breathing room and took total map control and handed him a horseshoe as a constellation prize. 8)
I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

this should be fast enough to intercept the Portugese TC wagon, and maybe even Iro/Aztec warhut travois etc...
Wisdom is the supreme part of happiness. - Sophocles
Happiness belongs to the self-sufficient. - Aristotle
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

http://www.agecommunity.com/stats/GameS ... _Supremacy

That's my smurf where I'm trying Sioux *whistles* (no rec)
huGGy
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by huGGy »

From my experience vs Sporting i can tell: It works.