HELP WANTED

Talk about Strategies and share your Replays here

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

BashUgood
N3O Member
N3O Member

HELP WANTED

Post by BashUgood »

BashUgood Inc. is now accepting applications to review our Sioux recorded games.
Your position will include (but is not limited to), evaluating records of our current civilization in testing. You will give attention to specific weak points and production flaws and list all inspection data in the specified N3O Recorded Games Log.

Required Experience :
All applicants are required to have knowledge of the Sioux civilization or an equivalant of skills in production. Pay based on experience.

BashUgood Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, minorities are encouraged to apply.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
IndyBrit
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Re: HELP WANTED

Post by IndyBrit »

Can I lie on my resume? Cuz I know squat about Sioux.

How about this:

Objective: Seeking a position as a Sioux mentor in a challenging environment. Prefer a position with direct customer interaction.

Skills: Recognized team player in contributor and leadership roles. Expert: spamming villies, hitting town bell, typing NOOB under duress. Proficient: Juggling beer, mouse, keyboard while still hitting hot keys that are somewhat related to the game action.

Experience:
2005-2007: Played various civs that, like the Sioux, also have cavalry units.
2007-present: Played multiple team games, including many involving the Sioux with me in the "observer" role. Have played as Sioux in a comp stomp with a successful outcome. Recognized and reported on several improvement opportunities. Received a "gg" from teammate, and several thousand XP. Had the opportunity to work with OP Sioux Guru "Tatltael".

References available upon request.
I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

lol, nice intro ;)
I'll check later today
Wisdom is the supreme part of happiness. - Sophocles
Happiness belongs to the self-sufficient. - Aristotle
I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

game 1: (sioux vs sioux)
early on u spotted his warchief with very little HP, chase him down, easy 100 xp and a big loss for him (no more treasures/guardians etc)

u ages up with 950 food :(

didn't get any hunts closer to your TC... you were playing vs sioux = raids

guess what happened = 4 AR killed some vils = gg right there

- - - - - -

game 2: (vs russia)
dont waste VS picking up useless woodcrate, age up ASAP is key for sioux

u passed a nice 85wood treasure

nice treasure steal ;) pandas are OP

get second hunt closer

if you go for a warhut, build it during age up, saves you a lot of time (also, try to cover a hunt with it)

unit selection was bad for this match-up, go full cav vs russia, keep raiding and upgrade em, then use firepit (wardance) and BBQ him

keep constant vil production and avoid piling up resources

it was fun to see ur age II BR's pwning his age IV Tartar cavalry archers XD

Hope it helps you a bit, the herding is you biggest weakness atm, work on that and you'll improve soon
Aravinthan
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Aravinthan »

I woud like to help players lower level then me, but I want to get help from higher level then me...
A master Piece done by cleeduz
BashUgood
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by BashUgood »

Thanks Chaos.. I appreciate the feedback..
DrWho42
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by DrWho42 »

Game 1) Your age up to colonial was about 40 seconds behind the other player. That really put you at the disadvantage. His 4 axe riders then put you off balance for the rest of the game.

Game 2) (Russia). I kept hoping that you would go fortress. My favorite Sioux combination against Russia is wakina rifles and tashunke prowlers. The tash prowlers have an area effect that just slaughters strelets and artillery. Their stealth ability lets you sneak them right into the middle of your target.

For colonial fighting against russia, I used to ship Smoke Signals and then train pet coyotes with my WC. These are cheap pets that chew up strelets and provide a meat shield for your cetan.

The other opportunity you missed was raiding his villagers. It seemed that after the first 10 minutes you stopped doing this. Raiding is so important for the Sioux to keep their weaker economy competitive.

Disclaimer; I haven't played Sioux much since TAD came out, so I know some things have changed with the patches.

Good Luck and Cheers!

"Any hussar who isn't dead by thirty is goldbricking." General Lasalle
I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

coyotes are crappy now, not woth playing the card anymore
BashUgood
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by BashUgood »

Thanks Dr Who...

I'm really having trouble with Sioux..
I'm getting close to giving up with them.
But I geuss I'll try some more games, though I'm on a losing streak and find it can be difficult to beat a MS.
DrWho42
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by DrWho42 »

They used to be fun and challenging when TWC first came out. I guess this new patch has done them more damage than good. I was just checking Cylohexane's TAD guide and in the section about native home shipments, it show that several Sioux mercenary cards are not functioning. From what his note says, the units will be shipped but the additional bonus, speed for dogsoldiers or HP bonus for wakinas, is not happening in the game. If this is a programming bug, it needs to get corrected or else the Sioux will have another strike against them.

If you want to preserve your PR while learning a new civ, I always did some team comp-stomps. It gave me a chance to level up the HC and get a handle on the new units and play style. You might also find some expert recordings of Sioux games at agesanctuary.

Good Luck and Cheers!

"Any hussar who isn't dead by thirty is goldbricking." General Lasalle
BashUgood
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by BashUgood »

Thanks again Dr.

I don't like to talk bad about any civ that others can make work..
Sioux seems to be one of those civs..
Tatl and rambo seem to be making them work and WacKo posted a BO using them. It seems I'm having trouble becoming effeciant with them.

What makes it tough is losing to people I know I could have beaten if I would have chosen Japan who've I've been using since the start of TAD.

But l really agree with drew told me. That getting to learn mostly all the civs will help advance a players skills.
I like to check out the top players civ preferences and it seems there are some who can win with quite a few different civs against other top players.

Though the learning curve sort of stinks .. I guess it's time to stay away from rated games for awhile...

BuG OuT...
BashUgood
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by BashUgood »

[quote=""BashUgood""]Thanks again Dr.

I don't like to talk bad about any civ that others can make work..
Sioux seems to be one of those civs..
Tatl and rambo seem to be making them work and WacKo posted a BO using them. It seems I'm having trouble becoming efficent with them.

What makes it tough is losing to people I know I could have beaten if I would have chosen Japan who've I've been using since the start of TAD.

But l really agree with drew told me. That getting to learn mostly all the civs will help advance a players skills.
I like to check out the top players civ preferences and it seems there are some who can win with quite a few different civs against other top players.

Though the learning curve sort of stinks .. I guess it's time to stay away from rated games for awhile...

BuG OuT...[/quote]
Navarone_Guy
Honorary Officer

Post by Navarone_Guy »

[quote=""I__CHAOS__I""]coyotes are crappy now, not woth playing the card anymore[/quote]

Let's see how you do against Aztecs with China...

If anything, coyotes are OP because they completely destroy the counter system. Toss on the war dance with 10 priests = 20 vils and the fact that they're built out of the barracks alongside all other age 2 units, and you have an incredibly OP unit.
Groovy.
Soccerman771
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Soccerman771 »

[quote=""Navarone_Guy""][quote=""I__CHAOS__I""]coyotes are crappy now, not woth playing the card anymore[/quote]

Let's see how you do against Aztecs with China...

If anything, coyotes are OP because they completely destroy the counter system. Toss on the war dance with 10 priests = 20 vils and the fact that they're built out of the barracks alongside all other age 2 units, and you have an incredibly OP unit.[/quote]

Nav, he's talking about coyotes the pet, not coyote runners... :roll:
jtackel@hotmail.com

"Do you know how difficult it is to micro Napalm?" - Lazy_Tuga

"This isn't going to work. I've picked a water deck and there isn't even a pond on this map." - Blackadderthe4th
Navarone_Guy
Honorary Officer

Post by Navarone_Guy »

My bad. :)
Groovy.