You can talk about anything here

Moderator: Global Moderator

Comadevil
Administrator
Administrator
AOE3 Nickname: Comadevil

Re: EURO 2008

Post by Comadevil »

U will get to know even more about soccer when 2010 the world championship will be in ur country(South Africa). U won't miss it because many people will "invade" ur country
Roger_The_Rogue
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by Roger_The_Rogue »

[quote=""Comadevil""]U will get to know even more about soccer when 2010 the world championship will be in ur country(South Africa). U won't miss it because many people will "invade" ur country[/quote]

Yes, I know and I am not looking forward to that. The main reason is that our national team is not up to standard (they lost to some small poor African country last Saturday!?!) :roll: and I just want to hide away from you guys. Lol. :D

On the bright side, our rugby team (the world champions) is doing well beating Wales, the Six Nation champions, two times. :D

Also our cricket team is touring England soon and I am looking forward to some serious cricketing. :D

Anyway back to topic, yes I have to catch up on soccer by watching Euro (it is your fault, guys due to this topic ;) ), but I am struggling to follow the game. It is bit confusing sport for me (for example, which tackle is good and which is bad? Both look the same to me!?!).
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Sporting_Lisbon »

A tackle is good when it touches the ball first and doesn't tackle the other player. A tackle is bad when it attacks the player and not the ball :p

@KK: There are gheyer teams out there, I actually think Portugal played pretty football in this cup.
huGGy
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by huGGy »

[quote=""lordandcount""][quote=""HuggyPierre""][quote=""lordandcount""]

Only thing I miss is that nobody say Deutschland, Deutschland alles ist vorbei.
[/quote]

Hup Holland Hup :o[/quote]

thx :)
It is just that germany as soccer country isn't very loved here cuz they won the finals a time and your coach wasn't very nice when he said that holland couldn't get trough the poule fase cuz they had a too weak defence (I mean 1 goal against us in 3 games).
Still hope we meet in the finals and that some older guys can get over there complex when we win.
hup deutschland hup till finals :)[/quote]

Same here in Germany with Holland, but i like 'em. (Well i hope Germany would win this matchup of course). There were some nice moments in the past (Rijkaard vs Völler 1990 :P). I hope Holland makes it to the finals. Would be a nice one vs Germany though there are still some tough matchups in between.
Soccerman771
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Soccerman771 »

[quote=""Roger_The_Rogue""][quote=""Comadevil""]U will get to know even more about soccer when 2010 the world championship will be in ur country(South Africa). U won't miss it because many people will "invade" ur country[/quote]

Yes, I know and I am not looking forward to that. The main reason is that our national team is not up to standard (they lost to some small poor African country last Saturday!?!) :roll: and I just want to hide away from you guys. Lol. :D

On the bright side, our rugby team (the world champions) is doing well beating Wales, the Six Nation champions, two times. :D

Also our cricket team is touring England soon and I am looking forward to some serious cricketing. :D

Anyway back to topic, yes I have to catch up on soccer by watching Euro (it is your fault, guys due to this topic ;) ), but I am struggling to follow the game. It is bit confusing sport for me (for example, which tackle is good and which is bad? Both look the same to me!?!).[/quote]

You will enjoy the cup for its atmosphere if nothing else.

As for losing to 'sorry' African teams, just ask Bulgaria and Greece what that's like ala '94 WC losses to Nigeria... :roll:

That's also the same cup that saw Saudi Arabia beat Belgium...
jtackel@hotmail.com

"Do you know how difficult it is to micro Napalm?" - Lazy_Tuga

"This isn't going to work. I've picked a water deck and there isn't even a pond on this map." - Blackadderthe4th
lordandcount
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by lordandcount »

[quote=""HuggyPierre""][quote=""lordandcount""][quote=""HuggyPierre""][quote=""lordandcount""]

Only thing I miss is that nobody say Deutschland, Deutschland alles ist vorbei.
[/quote]

Hup Holland Hup :o[/quote]

thx :)
It is just that germany as soccer country isn't very loved here cuz they won the finals a time and your coach wasn't very nice when he said that holland couldn't get trough the poule fase cuz they had a too weak defence (I mean 1 goal against us in 3 games).
Still hope we meet in the finals and that some older guys can get over there complex when we win.
hup deutschland hup till finals :)[/quote]

Same here in Germany with Holland, but i like 'em. (Well i hope Germany would win this matchup of course). There were some nice moments in the past (Rijkaard vs Völler 1990 :P). I hope Holland makes it to the finals. Would be a nice one vs Germany though there are still some tough matchups in between.[/quote]

If that happens I hope there won't be too many yellow and red cards :)
NEO_CrAz3n wrote: L&C is sorta the N3O police.
I'm the most annoying officer
Roger_The_Rogue
N3O Member
N3O Member

[quote=""Soccerman771""][quote=""Roger_The_Rogue""][quote=""Comadevil""]U will get to know even more about soccer when 2010 the world championship will be in ur country(South Africa). U won't miss it because many people will "invade" ur country[/quote]

Anyway back to topic, yes I have to catch up on soccer by watching Euro (it is your fault, guys due to this topic ;) ), but I am struggling to follow the game. It is bit confusing sport for me (for example, which tackle is good and which is bad? Both look the same to me!?!).[/quote]

You will enjoy the cup for its atmosphere if nothing else.

As for losing to 'sorry' African teams, just ask Bulgaria and Greece what that's like ala '94 WC losses to Nigeria... :roll:

That's also the same cup that saw Saudi Arabia beat Belgium...[/quote]

Nigeria is one of the top African teams at the moment and can take on any European team. Two weeks ago they beat South Africa 3 - 0. The 'sorry' African team, which I was talking about, is Sierra Leone which is one of the weakest African team. Our loca newspaper has blasted our national team over that lost game. :roll:

I am afraid that our team will be very poor during the world cup. :(
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Sporting_Lisbon »

LOL CROATIA GOT PWNED HAHAHAHA!

They score at 119 but at 120+2 Turkey scores and wins 3-1 in the penalties LMAO
kingchrisII
Colonel
Colonel

Post by kingchrisII »

OUCH, thats a nasty defeat their for Croatia!!!!
Comadevil
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Comadevil »

The problem is, Croatia didn't do enough to score the goals in time
Roger_The_Rogue
N3O Member
N3O Member

Ja, another confusing game for me, but I enjoyed it. :D

Seems to me that Croatia has many chances to score but threw them away. Am I correct?
Comadevil
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Comadevil »

Yes, but they also were too much afraid. Was imo a boring game except the last two minutes and penalty shootout
KingKaramazov
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by KingKaramazov »

Turkey is amazing man. My bosses at work were stoked that they won. It was quite a game.

I'm rooting for Turkey and Spain right now. But honestly I'll be happy as long as Italy doesn't luck their way into a win like they did for the World Cup.
"Why are some people all grasshopper fiddlings, scrappings, all antennae shivering, one big ganglion eternally knotting, slip-knotting, square-knotting themselves? They stoke a furnace all their lives, sweat their lips, shine their ey
I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

GO Ottomans GO !!
Wisdom is the supreme part of happiness. - Sophocles
Happiness belongs to the self-sufficient. - Aristotle
EndlessPower
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by EndlessPower »

Well, Portugal is out so...

ITALY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!