Review for Tatl / rambo ~ Sioux vs India

Talk about Strategies and share your Replays here

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

BashUgood
N3O Member
N3O Member

Review for Tatl / rambo ~ Sioux vs India

Post by BashUgood »

To Tatl and rambo... ( or anyone else familiar with sioux )

This is a game I just played vs an india player and got smoked..

Please review, it seems that I made the wrong counter unit or something because my military went down fast..

Thank you....
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tatltael
Major
Major

Re: Review for Tatl / rambo ~ Sioux vs India

Post by Tatltael »

the thing that is going to be forever (at least until next patch) daunting about this matchup is that zamburaks thrash the strongpoint of sioux with their stoopid x infinity multiplier against cav.. but those things aside, review time!
(assuming i paid close attention)

well, you went with the food ageup &went warhut, if you go warhut you usually wanna grab the 400 wood since wood gathers slower than food &you'll end up with more total res with the 400 wood route.

since youre playing india, you usually want to keep extreme pressure on his villies by shipping the 4 AR card first, which means he'll spend more time looking at his villies than at his sepoys. although if he ages wayy before you &youre scared for your life, grab the 6 cetan card for some extra anti-sepoy.

always always always put your warhut close to home against india, it sux when you see 12 sepoy marching up to a newly made warhut only to have it destroyed, preferably place the WH near your TC &if possible securing some hunts @ the same time.

in the first battle you had a couple warclub &cetan vs. his little mass of sepoy, i wouldnt of recommended engaging at that time since you were a tiny bit short on the cetan, but if you have to engage, say to save villies or somethin, (assuming there arent any camels) try to mesh a couple your warclubs into his sepoy army, then allow your cetans to run away with your vills.

i might be dabbling.. but the main idea of going against sepoys is to stick with cetan / a few warclub at the beginning and then in later colonial throw in some BR for effective anti cav.. if you see that the india is switching to age2 gurka / zamb (common combo) you'll want to go cetan / club / ar and force the fragile zambs away from the gurka to allow the AR to do their job :]

hopefully this is helpful to some extent ? &also be wary of going fortress without any units protecting you, its usually a sign for the opposing side to attack once he sees the "bashugood has reached fortress age!"

i tried to find a rec of me beating india but i then realized that i almost never hit the rec button :[ if i left a few loose ends or if you have any questions please ask!
I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

I'm playing a lot of sioux nowadays, so I'll try to give you some pointers.

One of the most fun civs to play with :D
Wisdom is the supreme part of happiness. - Sophocles
Happiness belongs to the self-sufficient. - Aristotle
BashUgood
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by BashUgood »

Ok..

Thank you for the help Tatl, are there any other civs playing against that you would build your first military building near the TC with ?

Thanks also Chaos I would appreciate any other pointers / records..
Tatltael
Major
Major

Post by Tatltael »

youre welcome, & yes. build your 1st military building near your tc against hard rushing civs like iro, aztec, or ottos