Re: Vs fast rush?

Post by Sporting_Lisbon »

Wow, that sounds good ^^
TheRam
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by TheRam »

VS Japan majors and lt colonels I seem to be getting alot the consulate age up and quick shinobi/yumi - which is very hard to counter I find with the limited amount of steppe, and the small amount of Ashi required to beat them.
Also, if you don't kill their vills you are toast, so easy for them to overtake you in terms of eco.
Hydrovert5
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Hydrovert5 »

That's the problem with Japan. It's too hard to kill their villagers because of those cherry orchards.

The only way to raid the Japanese is to ambush their mines or scour their tree patches.
Navarone_Guy
Honorary Officer

Post by Navarone_Guy »

That's why you shouldn't try to raid Japan. Just get in there and tear down his TC. That's the only way you can win.
Groovy.
ruminator
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by ruminator »

Just to resurrect the thread, I lost to a Chinese player recently as Iroquois - first time I've ever lost to them as Iro. He was higher rated than me, but even so he beat me to discovery and I took the fast age poli! I admit I messed up a bit but this would have only cost me about 20 secs.

He had forward built his village and then took the wonder with the 3 chu ko nonah things. He then went old han and shipped pike in and took my warhut out. I had to retreat and quickly shift to over villagers to get another 250 wood. I hung on for a while but I think the game was already lost. Unfortunately the record button didn't work on this one (strange problem I have, like not being able to host games but that's a different subject).

I think you need to send 300 food, eat herdables, get food treasure and build a few settlers less to get a really quick age up time. If you take out their barracks/warhut you then have time to build the eco back up and start spamming old han armies.
"Could you, would you, with a goat? Would you, could you, on a boat?" Doctor Seuss

"Why does the Air Force need expensive new bombers? Have the people we've been bombing over the years been complaining?"
George Wallace
Kaiser_von_Nuben
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Kaiser_von_Nuben »

[quote=""Navarone_Guy""]That's why you shouldn't try to raid Japan. Just get in there and tear down his TC. That's the only way you can win.[/quote]

LOL. I never thought of it that way... maybe that's why I have so much trouble with them; I always try to raid with uhlans or cossacks and they just take a step over into their TC grrrrr :mad:

China has some great early siege (8 qiang + 3 per Old Han). I have a 2v2 teammate who perfected the Old Han rush and he told me he rarely had a problem with Japan, and he always went on the attack. It was all-or-nothing, though, and he rarely built vils past 17... kind of like Mr Milo's Russia.
"The German Army will not stand for it!"

-Colonel Bockner, King Solomon's Mines (1985)
Aravinthan
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Aravinthan »

And kinda of like me with aztecs. I age up wiht 14 villies. And thats what I have at the end of the game, well most of them. Because The game is over in less than 10 mins. But if they counter my ursh then i am in trouble and thats whe ni start pumping vils. Sometimes its too late, somtimes my ennemy didnt have the chance to make vils also so it comes toghter.
A master Piece done by cleeduz
EndlessPower
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by EndlessPower »

[quote=""Kaiser_von_Nuben""][quote=""Navarone_Guy""]That's why you shouldn't try to raid Japan. Just get in there and tear down his TC. That's the only way you can win.[/quote]

LOL. I never thought of it that way... maybe that's why I have so much trouble with them; I always try to raid with uhlans or cossacks and they just take a step over into their TC grrrrr :mad:

China has some great early siege (8 qiang + 3 per Old Han). I have a 2v2 teammate who perfected the Old Han rush and he told me he rarely had a problem with Japan, and he always went on the attack. It was all-or-nothing, though, and he rarely built vils past 17... kind of like Mr Milo's Russia.[/quote]

Its hasn't been much time since I've started China but I guess its quite clear that every match that involves China old han rush turns out to be an all-or-nothing match unless of course you have done enough damage to your opponent in such a way that would still buy you time to come back and get your eco back up. But as I was saying, all-out-rushes involve big risks and if they totally fail...
Navarone_Guy
Honorary Officer

Post by Navarone_Guy »

Well, I don't really do an all-out rush, but I do sacrifice some economy to pull it off. I can usually, however, send 7 villagers, throw down a consulate and market, and get set for a longer battle. That, thankfully, doesn't happen too often.
Groovy.
Kaiser_von_Nuben
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Kaiser_von_Nuben »

[quote=""EndlessPower""][quote=""Kaiser_von_Nuben""][quote=""Navarone_Guy""]That's why you shouldn't try to raid Japan. Just get in there and tear down his TC. That's the only way you can win.[/quote]

China has some great early siege (8 qiang + 3 per Old Han). I have a 2v2 teammate who perfected the Old Han rush and he told me he rarely had a problem with Japan, and he always went on the attack. It was all-or-nothing, though, and he rarely built vils past 17... kind of like Mr Milo's Russia.[/quote]

Its hasn't been much time since I've started China but I guess its quite clear that every match that involves China old han rush turns out to be an all-or-nothing match unless of course you have done enough damage to your opponent in such a way that would still buy you time to come back and get your eco back up. But as I was saying, all-out-rushes involve big risks and if they totally fail...[/quote]

I agree. I am either too conservative (or too cowardly ::/ ) to risk everything in rushes like that. I did use Russia a lot for quick rushes, but it's not my preferred style of play. In my later days with Russia I did sort of a semi-rush with 23 strelets and 9 cossacks, constantly bothering my enemy while building my economy. But now I am back with my beloved Germans, where I always know my econ will be strong, even when I attack :-P (3 SW card FTW!!!)
"The German Army will not stand for it!"

-Colonel Bockner, King Solomon's Mines (1985)
EndlessPower
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by EndlessPower »

[quote=""Navarone_Guy""]Well, I don't really do an all-out rush, but I do sacrifice some economy to pull it off. I can usually, however, send 7 villagers, throw down a consulate and market, and get set for a longer battle. That, thankfully, doesn't happen too often.[/quote]

thats because u have navarone-like macro :P