Some Aztec Rec's (Feedback appreciated!!!)

Talk about Strategies and share your Replays here

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

huGGy
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Some Aztec Rec's (Feedback appreciated!!!)

Post by huGGy »

These games were my games number 3 and 4 as aztec (the first was vs a pc opponent). In both games i tried to get an army out asap. How many vills do you guys switch on wood due to the age up? I messed this up vs the colonel dude. In both games i made plenty mistakes (sonora with my warpriest i.e.), but i have no routine with them yet. So i would be really thankful for some tipps and maybe 1 or 2 hints how i could optimize my deck(s).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

Re: Some Aztec Rec's (Feedback appreciated!!!)

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

will try to watch em tonight :)
Wisdom is the supreme part of happiness. - Sophocles
Happiness belongs to the self-sufficient. - Aristotle
Sun_Tzu1
Major
Major

Post by Sun_Tzu1 »

Thought I'm replied to this one. Weird.

Anyway, no. of settlers depends on what you're doing and aging up with, but you can leave 4 on food and the rest on wood during the age up.
Navarone_Guy
Honorary Officer

Post by Navarone_Guy »

I don't play Aztecs much, but usually when playing Aztecs I switch about 2/3 of my vils to wood. However, to build a warhut before I age to colonial, I switch all but two to wood and those two go forward to build the hut. Then I go about half on wood, half on food.
Groovy.
huGGy
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by huGGy »

In both games i aged up with this...hm don't know how they are called in english...this 2 troops age up (this guys who are good vs buildings and cav).
I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

skull knights :)
I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

it's crazy, by the time the Col reached age II, he had collected 1K of resouces more than you Oo
I don't really like the skull knights politician, they chew up pop space and get sniped very often without doing much
pay attention when dancing out WP's, so they don't stand idle too long
fast age up is my fav one, but the warhut is nice too when going for a more defensive boom style

the second game is invalid :/
huGGy
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by huGGy »

Damn, i guess you have to delete the . behind 1. and before lieut in the file name.
huGGy
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by huGGy »

This one should work now.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Soccerman771
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Soccerman771 »

Those were fun to watch. You spanked the 1st Lt, and I think played differently vs. the colonel. Had you gone for his rax in his base instead of walking around looking for vils (or whatever it was you were doing) and then retreating you probably would have beat him.
jtackel@hotmail.com

"Do you know how difficult it is to micro Napalm?" - Lazy_Tuga

"This isn't going to work. I've picked a water deck and there isn't even a pond on this map." - Blackadderthe4th
huGGy
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by huGGy »

Here's another Rec vs a french Captain. He played - let's say - unlucky. I could have finished it earlier, but i tried to get some more game time with aztecs.

Made some mistakes again, but think i played it ok. Feedback appreciated.
Sun_Tzu1
Major
Major

Post by Sun_Tzu1 »

Interesting to see someone playing the 4 Jag card post patch. Makes you realise how good the card was pre-patch when Jags had twice the hp. Right map to use it though Huggy.

French player played very defensively. So playing the 3wp & 5 settler card early worked as he didn't advance on you. Obviously, you sent your 3wp to the middle of no-where and had them standing around for ages doing nothing. Not good, but it didn't stop you winning :).

Fun watching your first big battle. Watched it with fog of war off and your two big armies almost walked past each other when advancing. Wasn't sure who's army was going to win but yours come through pretty nicely. He had skirms in age 2 so I assume he'd played early skirmisher card. Not sure that was such a good idea for him.

You had lots of Maces. Maces can get slaughtered by Hussar if left undefended. You took all your Coyotes the long way around for a raid. As it happened, that worked nicely for you. However, if he'd stormed your forward with his Hussar when your Coyotes were away it could have been a masacre. Later you built a few Puma Spearman. IMO, those few Puma made a huge difference in the later battle.

Anyway, gg Huggy. Nice to see you giving Aztec a go :).

I'd be interested in knowing what you're thinking while you're playing. e.g., if you could generalise about you style of play.
huGGy
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by huGGy »

Yeah, i searched my 3 Warpriests for ages lol. Couldn't find them, but i knew they must be somewhere around. If you watch it from my pov you can see me clicking around like stupid on the map.

I only send my coyotes there, cause i was pretty sure i would win this game. No matter what would happen to my maces. I saw he went for Hussars, so my maces wouldn't have made any difference. I also needed enough coyotes to beat raiding hussars, cause he saw my vills as well and i had to aspect some hussars going for my vills.

"I'd be interested in knowing what you're thinking while you're playing. e.g., if you could generalise about you style of play."

Do you mean in certain situations? Didn't really get this one. *shame*

Well actually i tried some defensive way of play. I chosed the wrong deck. Didn't realized it early on, that's why i started building this second warhut. Later on i just tried to get the 10 warpriests out asap and start booming. It worked ok, but some routine is missing. With russia i know exactly what to do on every map vs any kind of civ. Let's call it a masterplan. This is completely missing with aztecs, so i have to try around and see what happens. Even don't know all hotkeys or improvements in the buildings.
huGGy
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by huGGy »

Here's another match i had with Adder today. Was a pretty funny game. He played russia. Haven't reviewed it myself yet, so some good pointers would be appreciated (as always).

gg Adder
huGGy
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by huGGy »

Forgot the rec -.-