The BowRider! Your bestfriend as a sioux.

Talk about Strategies and share your Replays here

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

Tatltael
Major
Major

The BowRider! Your bestfriend as a sioux.

Post by Tatltael »

heres a question, are there any other sioux players in the clan? ive been wondering what your thoughts are on the BR, if there are any alternatives in age2, against units like sepoy, or rajputs.

from my experience cetan loses to both, while BR can outmicro them and will win in a firefight due to the unholy R.O.F. it possesses. not to mention BR basically pwns like WHOA any other unit in age2 with proper micro. counters = ?

discuss? xD id always like to know how another civ will counter my strategies for sio
ruminator
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Re: The BowRider! Your bestfriend as a sioux.

Post by ruminator »

Sepoy beat BR costwise as same range but more damage - unless your micro skills are godlike. They shoud do well vs Rajput though.

I would maybe suggest some pets as a meatshield for mixed cetans/BR. Coyotes are only 50 food and so easily spammable.
"Could you, would you, with a goat? Would you, could you, on a boat?" Doctor Seuss

"Why does the Air Force need expensive new bombers? Have the people we've been bombing over the years been complaining?"
George Wallace
Tatltael
Major
Major

Post by Tatltael »

ah, i wasnt aware that they decreased the cost of coyote :] are they still effective/ worth the food ?
LaZy
Honorary Officer

Post by LaZy »

L&C is another good Sioux player. Ask him.

Out
ruminator
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by ruminator »

According to MNBob's unit chart, they are 50 food. I have to admit that I haven't used them yet myself. They don't need to actually kill anything anyway, just get in the way!
"Could you, would you, with a goat? Would you, could you, on a boat?" Doctor Seuss

"Why does the Air Force need expensive new bombers? Have the people we've been bombing over the years been complaining?"
George Wallace
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Sporting_Lisbon »

Yes, bow riders are very good. Bow rider/axe rider combo is quite good, not to mention that bow riders are ghey as hell :P
DrWho42
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by DrWho42 »

I used to play as sioux alot before TAD was released. The bowrider was very good against raiding cav (I always built some if playing against Russians or Germans), and good for raiding also. Coyotes make a good meat shield and did a good job against x-bows or skirms. I used to use the 4 grizzly bear shipment, but they have nerfed to only 3 bears now.

Depending on the map, you might want to build native light infantry instead of cetans.

Cheers

"Any hussar who isn't dead by thirty is goldbricking." General Lasalle
deaconferal
Honorary Member
Honorary Member
AOE3 Nickname: Deacon

Post by deaconferal »

I think they are a fairly safe choice if you don't know what your opponent is going since with micro they don't fail too badly against much of anything, and raid IMO better than AR. As with RR I think they just need some sort of meat shield.

Also, from my lowly PR 23 micro skills, they still don't do so hot against any kind of skirm/xbow type unit. Since you are much better at it however, your results are probably different.
Blackadderthe4th
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Blackadderthe4th »

I think its when the number of xbows gets to a certain point you can't micro your bow riders effectively against them, but at that point you can just throw in some AR and wipe out the LI.

I've seen a lot of the BR/AR combo recently and it seems very effective.
TheRam
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by TheRam »

Bow Riders are good, but lets not exaggerate things, if your micro is far better than someone with LI for example you might win, but if you're playing someone on your level then they can quite easily micro back... Also the cost per unit lost when microing will most likely damage the fragile Sioux eco more.
What's their range compared to LBS/Skirms(colonial)/Cetan/Xbow? - If anyone likes using spreadsheets or whatever...
36drew
Honorary Officer

Post by 36drew »

Tattael, bow riders are a strong unit, but the thing is YOUR micro with them is unreal. Best i've seen ever. Not kidding.
ruminator
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by ruminator »

Lost to a Sioux as Iroquois recently. I did a early tomahawk rush to get his stable down as I expected axe riders. He had gone BR though, which hit and run my tomas to death. He then switched to AR as i switched to aenna - ouch!

George Wallace
I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

[quote=""ruminator""]Lost to a Sioux as Iroquois recently. I did a early tomahawk rush to get his stable down as I expected axe riders. He had gone BR though, which hit and run my tomas to death. He then switched to AR as i switched to aenna - ouch![/quote]

u should be much faster than the sioux player normally, they can rarely afford to use the fast age up politician. So by the time he has 5 BR's, you should have at least 16 tommies in his base and 7 aenas on the way.
Wisdom is the supreme part of happiness. - Sophocles
Happiness belongs to the self-sufficient. - Aristotle
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Sporting_Lisbon »

^Indeed. I haven't lost a game vs sioux as iro yet.
Tatltael
Major
Major

Post by Tatltael »

yeah i noticed sporting x_x sioux vs. iro is always hard for me :[ AR > RR &constant harassment is key..

&also thanks drew :] !