Russia vs India

Talk about Strategies and share your Replays here

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

Blackadderthe4th
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Russia vs India

Post by Blackadderthe4th »

I posted this to demonstrate my Russian rush. It works much better on maps were you start with 100 gold and more resources and it destroys Japan very easily I find. The game was against a new clan member TheBigAnt who is lvl 25 and playing India. I made loads of mistakes including letting a 1HP house stand and losing my cav to some blokes with knifes on their hands because I didn't know what the hell they were or that they countered cav lol. If he went up with agra fort the game might have turned out very differently but as he didn't he couldn't ever get to demonstrate just why india is OP.

Oh and if my mentors around feel free to review or anyone else for that matter.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
LaZy
Honorary Officer

Re: Russia vs India

Post by LaZy »

Yay, I get 2 criticize Adders Russian strat :)
If there´s one thing BA does very VERY well then its playing Russia with lots of aggression and style. Ive played with him enough times to be able 2 state that Russia is by far the civ he plays best!
Now 4 the review...

1) pity u didnt steal that 1st coin treasure. Wasted precious scouting time. Had u been able 2 steal it the psychological effect would have been more important then the 55 coin :)

2) Since u ended up fighting his 2 wounded ellies, for that same treasure, u might of tried 2 kill 1 or both of them, instead u fled.

3) Good job herding ur 2nd hunt 2wards ur TC; darn that was far away.

4) u aged with 14 vills. That means u age fast. Good job. Block house was up b4 u aged. GJ. Scouted reasonably well.

5) Pumped out 5 musks, shipped 5 cossacks and imediatly pumped out 5 more musks. Killed 2-3 vills, prevented a house from being built, kept his vills garrisoned and were generally a pain. Great play Adder! Pity u had 2 learn the hard way that Sentry´s are evil cav killing mm´s. Ur 5 cossacks ended up not doing anything at all.

6)Now without ur initial army left ur 13 strelets arrive. This keeps him boxed in, preventing the evil India Eco machine from starting. When his next shipment, 4 cammels, arrives u already have 2 more full patches of musks and some strelets.

7) Next u razed yet another house. Great. This made his pop limite drop to 30/20. Great job bro. Nothing beats razing houses in my book. Easiest building 2 raze and prevents u from building anything at all! U can take down 2 houses faster then a barracks. Both cost 200 wood but without the 20 pop u stop making both vills and army. Without the barracks u can still keep making vills (which in return can build a new barracks).

8) His 5 sepoys arrive and make ur time a little harder. Still u have far more musks then he has sepoys. He microd them rather well and killed 8-9 of ur musks, his TC also helped. Great 2 c ur cossacks running around searching for rogue vills. (unfortunatly they did this for a short period of time only)

9) u take for ever 2 raze his last house, ur eco just didnt allow u 2 spam musks fast enough, and thus had 4-5 musks sieging the house very slowly. Just b4 it collapses u decide 2 call it quits!?!?! U leave the house standing with 1(ONE) single hit point left. Wow. Talk about unlucky. If it were a windy day in Patagonia it would have fallen on its own. but it didnt :P

10) regrouping time. U wait 4 a few seconds b4 u went right back into the fight. Its basicaly this agressivness which won u the game. U didnt let him breathe at all! When u return to his base u c him trying 2 build 3 houses. His pop limit was 27/10 at that point. Just goes 2 show how hard it was for him 2 do anything at all with such housing problems!

11) Without u seeing (at min 12) he sneeks 2 vills out of his TC and builds 2 houses behind his it (not far - big mistake). Since ur cossacks were now trying 2 catch their breath after so much running this info was just out of ur LOS. Pity.

12) Now that u had plenty of musks and even though u found his 4 newly built houses u decided 2 raze his Barracks. Somehow I have a feeling that some strelets throughout this whole time would have been very helpfull. They cant siege anything 2 save their lives, but they do make 4 better "tanks" then ur musks, which were all very wounded by sepoys, cammels and TC fire, and where now droppping like flies with every TC shot.

13) Ur superior eco allows u 2 keep making batches of musks. Finally he decides there is no way he´ll eva catch up and quits.

GG

Overall a short and fun game 2 watch. U won that game bcos of ur ability 2 keep the pressure on and keep ur enemy boxed in! However....
Ur enemy made several mistakes which made ur life a lot easier. A) he aged rather l8 and used the tower of victory monument. In theory most peeps use the Agra Fort or the Karni mata as Col age up monument. B) he played the Foreign Logging card as 1st Col card. Big mistake, when u know ur gonna get rushed u play 5 sepoys ASAP. C) his 2nd Col card were the 4 cammels. Another mistake since theyd end up fighting musks. Cammels dont like getting slapped by musks. He managed 2 keep 3 cammels for much monger then I thought. What he should of done was harras ur vills with them. D) what really cost him this game was that he took 13 mins 2 sneak vills out of his TC 2 build houses. U gave him (bcos u had 2!) several oportunities 2 sneak vills out and build whateva! At one point he had 360 food 1,2K wood and 150 gold. All he lacked was housing. When he finally did manage 2 sneak some vills out he decided 2 build them as close 2 his TC as possible. Another mistake. E) Adder u really wanted 2 mix in a batch or 2 of strelets into that rush. They would of really helped. Hard 2 get ur eco going for that but if ud of sent the 700 wood card instead of the Schooner card (which was pointless cos u never even made a dock) u could of made a house or 2 and still have enough wood 2 make a couple of strelets. The few sepys and gurkhas u had 2 fight took for ever with ur few musks. Even though musks are few versatile this patch really doesnt allow for single unit spamming anymore! Lastly ur cossacks werent exactly efficient this game. MayB a variation of ur rush is needed. If u are going 2 really rush hard and quick, forcing ur enemy into a true housing problem then instead of shipping cossacks (or at least both of the cards) u can ship the 13 strelets. If ur rush seems a little 2 slower then both the cossack cards are needed. Just an idea here.

GG bro well played. The force was strong with u in this game, but with all fairness ur opponent did make ur life a little easier 4 ya.

Out
Blackadderthe4th
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Re: Russia vs India

Post by Blackadderthe4th »

Thx for that Lazy some good points there. I know i wasted a card with schooners but my thinking was if he ever did manage to beat me off I could retreat and fish boom, but I never needed to. I think both the cossack cards are needed because well I lost the first 5 and I needed some to make sure no vils run off and try to boom elsewhere. Also cossacks are strong units for Russia. I think your right with the strels, building a few would have made more cannon fodder for the TC fire and made my muskets job easier. Its just when I rush like this it wrecks my eco and I was having trouble enough keeping up the musket spam. With a few more tweaks I think this could be quite a good strat. Have used it very well against Japan, who seem to start slowly anyway.