New Banner

You can talk about anything here

Moderator: Global Moderator

ZoRPrimE
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Re: New Banner

Post by ZoRPrimE »

a Skull Knight Army vs. a division of hand mortar's.
Skull Knights are a super cool unit visually speaking.
"It is by will alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, the stains become a warning. It is by will alone I set my mind
blayzer13
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by blayzer13 »

i didnt mean the units themselves, i mean like having a musketeer (not the unit) bashing an eagle warrior with a samurai swinging his sword...idk if its a managable design
ZoRPrimE
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by ZoRPrimE »

What do you mean a musketeer but not the unit? Do you mean not an army of them? Because your original post sounds like individual units.

I on the other hand wanted armies!
"It is by will alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, the stains become a warning. It is by will alone I set my mind
NEO_CrAz3n
Honorary Leader
Honorary Leader

Post by NEO_CrAz3n »

I think he means, not a screenshot of a musketeer in the game but a rendering. That's the problem, there isn't a lot of art and a lot of what there is is protected by copyright.
"Please accept my resignation. I don't care to belong to any club that will have me as a member." -Groucho Marx

"Any strat that beats me is lame." -CrAz3n

"Quoting yourself is just as bad as speaking about yourself in the third-person." -CrAz3n
KingKaramazov
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by KingKaramazov »

I'll try to combine some of the concept art from all 3 fansite kits (there's on for vanilla and then each expansion).

And I'll also use some better font than what we have now *shudder.*
"Why are some people all grasshopper fiddlings, scrappings, all antennae shivering, one big ganglion eternally knotting, slip-knotting, square-knotting themselves? They stoke a furnace all their lives, sweat their lips, shine their ey
Cyclohexane
Honorary Officer

Post by Cyclohexane »

[quote=""NEO_CrAz3n""]Cyc, if you clean out your Temp files then you should be able to see it.[/quote]

I tried that and I seen the banner when I logged out. When I logged back in, it was gone.
Lead, Follow, or Get the Hell out of the way!

QUICK REFERENCE GUIDE & AOE3 TWC TAD UNIT COMPARISON:
AOE3 TWC TAD Quick Reference & AOE3 TWC TAD UNIT COMPARISON
MNBob
Honorary Officer

Post by MNBob »

What theme are you using?

If you click on the missing image, what is the url?
It should be:
http://www.aoe3clan.com/themes/n3o2/images/n3o2.jpg
KingKaramazov
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by KingKaramazov »

Okay, I've been working on a banner. I'm not sure how much I like this banner concept so far...but here's what I've accomplished.

Obviously it has no text or a background yet, plus I'll probably need to color balance a bit to make the stock images fit together better.

Anyways...thoughts?

http://img2.freeimagehosting.net/image. ... f8f066.jpg

edit: tried using the [img] tags but nothing seemed to show up so I'm just posting a link.
"Why are some people all grasshopper fiddlings, scrappings, all antennae shivering, one big ganglion eternally knotting, slip-knotting, square-knotting themselves? They stoke a furnace all their lives, sweat their lips, shine their ey
blayzer13
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by blayzer13 »

i like that kk, and yeah i meant renderings but couldnt remeber the names, but i like that idea that u did
ZoRPrimE
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by ZoRPrimE »

hmm Kinda reminds me of 'The Village People' as is.

So I decided to put in effort instead of just comments.

Keep this banner in mind.

KingKaramazov
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by KingKaramazov »

lol @ the village people. kind of unavoidable if you want me to use concepts from original + both expansions
I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

LOL at Zorprime, that eps of southpark was hilarious :D
Wisdom is the supreme part of happiness. - Sophocles
Happiness belongs to the self-sufficient. - Aristotle
KingKaramazov
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by KingKaramazov »

If anybody has a suggestion / request for a particular font in the banner, I'd be open to it...I'm looking for a good font atm. Unfortunately there's no "N" in Age of Empires, or else I'd steal an N from the logo.
KingKaramazov
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by KingKaramazov »

Okay, here is what I have now.

Comments / suggestions?

N3O Banner (In Progress)
Last edited by KingKaramazov on Sat Dec 08, 2007 10:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
MNBob
Honorary Officer

Post by MNBob »

Looks ok but why NEO instead of N3O?