Colonel!

General Discussion about Age of Empires III: Definitive Edition

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

BashUgood
N3O Member
N3O Member

Re: Colonel!

Post by BashUgood »

[quote=""IndyBrit""]Somebody please explain to me how we're going to get this thread turned around and start talking about beer.

Got it: I'll drink to Sporting being a colonel tonight. :lol:[/quote]

I don't like the taste of beer so you can have mine..

Pass me a Margarita or Mudd Slide though, and I'll pound a few down with ya..
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Sporting_Lisbon »

Thanks all! I'll keep trying to improve even more :D
Alright, Sporting. What's your secret? You've skyrocketed 200+ points and 3 PR in just a week or two. How can you play Iroquois, but only Iroquois, like a god?
Iroquois are that ugly civ that no one likes but it has a lot of cute tricks ^^ But I'll try to expertise one or two other aggressive civs too :D
djdan
N3O Member
N3O Member
Steam: SpanktheMonkey

Post by djdan »

Well I believe that I had something to do with all this improvement, everyone is scared of me catching their rank, and therefore playing much better than they thought they could play to be being caught :-/
Anyway well done Sporting, onwards and upwards!!
From the OP maker of the OP Sigs, Cleeduz brings maybe some of his best work yet!
Aravinthan
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Aravinthan »

no didan u are mistaking. They know that now that i ahev joined N3O that I will son start kicking their ass, so they try to save their reputation :) As u can see my PR and ELO owns!!!!
Actually.... it wouda owned for a 2nd lt 1 week ago b4 my losing streak.
Had 1865 or something for a 2nd lt...not bad... no?
A master Piece done by cleeduz
Navarone_Guy
Honorary Officer

Post by Navarone_Guy »

[quote=""Sporting_Lisbon""]Thanks all! I'll keep trying to improve even more :D
Alright, Sporting. What's your secret? You've skyrocketed 200+ points and 3 PR in just a week or two. How can you play Iroquois, but only Iroquois, like a god?
Iroquois are that ugly civ that no one likes but it has a lot of cute tricks ^^ But I'll try to expertise one or two other aggressive civs too :D[/quote]

The thing that gets me is that aenna can't hit and run. If it weren't for that, I'd seriously consider calling them one of the best civs. However, because of that to beat them all you need to do is play India and spam sepoys and sowars. How do you beat that?
Groovy.
Soccerman771
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Soccerman771 »

Before long everyone will stop using OP and start using SL in honor of Sporting Lisbon
jtackel@hotmail.com

"Do you know how difficult it is to micro Napalm?" - Lazy_Tuga

"This isn't going to work. I've picked a water deck and there isn't even a pond on this map." - Blackadderthe4th
Hydrovert5
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Hydrovert5 »

all you need to do is play India and spam sepoys and sowars. How do you beat that?
One of the many mysteries of life... ::/
I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

Iro has the coolest warchief, that alone is a good reason to play em :)
Wisdom is the supreme part of happiness. - Sophocles
Happiness belongs to the self-sufficient. - Aristotle
I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

nice going, you're the 5th best Iro player :)

Rank Player Rating Streak Wins Losses Clan
1 DAMNIT 2278.3 -1 329 183 SkWzZ
2 Challe 2258.0 -1 390 226 DLX
3 void1368 2147.9 -1 75 39 _JDK_
4 NiCo__ 2137.3 7 47 12 MMC
5 Sporting_Lisbon 2136.2 8 292 322 N3O

rank 3&4 are really close, get into that top 3 !
Wisdom is the supreme part of happiness. - Sophocles
Happiness belongs to the self-sufficient. - Aristotle
LaZy
Honorary Officer

Post by LaZy »

[quote=""Blackadderthe4th""]Nice one sporting! The clan as a whole seems to be getting better and better. Must be the friendly and chilled atmosphere! :D[/quote]

I beg 2 disagree. LordandCount is still very much the same noob he was last year. Hes just gotten older like the rest of us.

Sporting rocks. As does Nav! but aint it funny/strange/curious/ to see both of them, separatly, playing a lot of QS and one reaching the rank of Colonel relativly quickly after the other ? (mayB its just me and all my conspiracy theories). Nonetheless I hope that Nav now feels "threatened" and goes all out crazy until he reaches Brigadier. Or will he. Will he stay a Colonel by not playing ranked games? Will he loose his rank due 2 decay or just by not being able 2 stay in that league?

Naturally the EXACT same thing must b said/asked about Sporting.

Congrats nonetheless. U both deserve it.

Out

PS nothing like addding a little spice into peoples ambitions :P

Second PS if the whole clan is improving, does that mean Al will soon be raiding even more with his horrid uhlans then he already is?
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Sporting_Lisbon »

However, because of that to beat them all you need to do is play India and spam sepoys and sowars. How do you beat that?
I find Japan harder than India. Iro is better than India (if you fast up, otherwise just type gg and leave) in the period of time from 5-10 minutes. In this period of time your aennas can snipe out the small numbers of sepoys AND, since you age way earlier, you must, must kill vills and keep him garrisioned and try to take him down. If the game goes longer than 15 mins it's impossible to counter sepoy/sowar and it's gg.
Sporting rocks. As does Nav! but aint it funny/strange/curious/ to see both of them, separatly, playing a lot of QS and one reaching the rank of Colonel relativly quickly after the other ? (mayB its just me and all my conspiracy theories). Nonetheless I hope that Nav now feels "threatened" and goes all out crazy until he reaches Brigadier. Or will he. Will he stay a Colonel by not playing ranked games? Will he loose his rank due 2 decay or just by not being able 2 stay in that league?

Naturally the EXACT same thing must b said/asked about Sporting.
Heh that's a lot of stress and pressure, leave us alone :p