Ruthlessness

Talk about Strategies and share your Replays here

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

Sun_Tzu1
Major
Major

Re: Ruthlessness

Post by Sun_Tzu1 »

Range is same as a Musket. 12. It was 14 but was nerfed by 2.

With the 1000 gold Eagle shipment you get +4 range/LOS which gives a maximum range of 16. The same as a Mace.

ERKs have a ranged attack and better LOS, but Coyotes are faster. ERK 6, Coyotes 6.25 or 6.875 with Coyote Combat.

But the bonus applies to Maces and Pumas too. If you're moving on your opponent you can't knock that. Settlers can get caught up in battles but with Ruthlessness they're taken down quicker.

I don't think the Ruthlessness multiplier is as great for Warhut units as it was for ERKs. However, thinking about it, WH units have higher base damages vs. settlers anyway. e.g., an age 3 (Elite) Coyote does 22 melee damage (and it can close quickly) vs. ERKs 7 ranged attack.

As said before, skirm types now have x2 against ERKs rather than the old x1.5. Eagles were slightly below average vs. skirms before, now, you'll struggle even more.
I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

I dont play the ruthlessness card anymore, I find it uselessness ;)

I still like ERK's tho, great to put in the same group with your maces... come on and send your cav into my maces lol
Wisdom is the supreme part of happiness. - Sophocles
Happiness belongs to the self-sufficient. - Aristotle
Macabee
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by Macabee »

[quote=""I__CHAOS__I""]I dont play the ruthlessness card anymore, I find it uselessness ;)

I still like ERK's tho, great to put in the same group with your maces... come on and send your cav into my maces lol[/quote]

I replaced ruthlessness with my own 8 villager card. Gaining 8 villagers is more immediate and more of a sure thing from my point of view than maybe eventually killing 8 additional villagers of my opponent.

Mac
Tatltael
Major
Major

Post by Tatltael »

i keep both cards in my deck, it depends on the situation of the game i think. but imo ruthlessness > 8 villy card in a 1v1 game. it allows you to tear up your opponents eco and leave him in tears :] 8 villy card might be abit more desirable in 2v2 / 3v3 games, sometimes raiding can be harder with extra pairs of eyes :]
Zephyr_JimmyJames07
Private
Private

Post by Zephyr_JimmyJames07 »

i have both cards too. i have beaten colonels in twc with my aztecs. but there diff now :(. i didnt abuse eagles though, so it will take me some time to become a decent 1st lt again.
I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

I'd like to see a 1v1 rec where ruthlessness made a difference...
Macabee
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by Macabee »

My main thing is, if I had ruthlessness in my deck, when do I send it? There are just too many good cards available in age 3 is the problem. The coyote merc card looks better to me, as does the 10 coyote card worth 1100 resources. Then there's the 13 mace and/or the mace merc card. The Eagle merc card is a must have just to make Eagles useful. Then there's the Knight cards that JPK's (as well as the other Knights to some degree) good at what they do. There are a few other decent fortress cards as well. IMHO, this all suggests to me that Ruthlessness is not a front line/must have card that'll make THE difference in games in quite the same way as a lot of these others.

Mac
Zephyr_JimmyJames07
Private
Private

Post by Zephyr_JimmyJames07 »

[quote=""I__CHAOS__I""]I'd like to see a 1v1 rec where ruthlessness made a difference...[/quote]

I have a few posted on AS. with eagles, raiding with ruthlessness ruins there eco entirely, and u win the game because they can not produce more . but now its for coyo ect.
I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

[quote=""Zephyr_JimmyJames07""][quote=""I__CHAOS__I""]I'd like to see a 1v1 rec where ruthlessness made a difference...[/quote]

I have a few posted on AS. with eagles, raiding with ruthlessness ruins there eco entirely, and u win the game because they can not produce more . but now its for coyo ect.[/quote]

I know it was OP with eagles, but havent seen it impact the game on pumas/maces or coyotes
fast ranged raiding was what made it OP