For Sporting (I'll continue posting in this thread)

Talk about Strategies and share your Replays here

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

huGGy
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Re: For Sporting (I'll continue posting in this thread)

Post by huGGy »

Little India mirror match vs a major. Since i hit qs i'm on a good run. I think it's an ok watch for 1.Lieut down. Still not sure how many vills i have to put on food, wood, gold after about 8 minutes (generally). I think i'm just not fast enough to have a look at all the things and manage them while fighting.

Well, gg. Could have been over much faster, but he didn't quit. We both went for Agra Fort, but i had the idea of doing something else to push my eco. That's why my start was a little bit slow. But because of the starting crates Agra Fort was the right choice.

Hf watching the rec!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Sporting_Lisbon »

Finally a rec for me :D But you got a sucky timing. I only have enough time to watch and review in the weekend :\
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Will watch now.
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Hmm 10/10 age up for agra wasn't the best option imo. I think you should have aged normally and with tower of victory.

Your eco management was a bit sloppy :p Try getting only 2-3 vills on food in early colo so that you can gather all the wood you need.

I don't like otto at consulate that much, I think going brit all the time is better. But that's a matter of liking and style.

You were a bit too passive. Make your ghurkas damage him or harass his vills with sowars.

Good job with the sowars and ghurka combo, your micro and unit selection won you the game.

gg ;)
huGGy
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by huGGy »

Yes, i was thinking about another age up, but i think agra fort is a good choice on bayou (like it is on yukatan). I try as often as i can to get the 4 villies from the otto at the consulate. What i have to work on is to play more aggressive and watch my vills better. Sometimes i just realize too late that someone is raiding. In this matchup i was afraid of losing my 4 sowars, because it can make a big difference early on in this matchup.

If you gather food, do you secure your vills with some troops if you dont have the ressources for a tower? I use to build one segment of the wall near to the hunt to have a bigger line of sight, but sometimes i forget about it.

Thanks for the review man!
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

No problem ;)

I often try to get hunts in the corner of the map or somewhere not very exposed. If the hunts are exposed yeah, get some troops in there so that you can run away with your vills if anything happens.
huGGy
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by huGGy »

Here's another one. Maybe i was too scared in the beginning, but i never know how strong china's troops are. Well my bad streak vs china continues. But ok, he was a better player.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Ok, will watch. But sepoy+4 sowar should take down china with no problems o_O
huGGy
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by huGGy »

Played it too defensively. He aged 1 minute after me. Tried what Nav said: Gurkhas and Sowars.
huGGy
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by huGGy »

Replay vs a captain (27) playing India. I played russia and aged up with 14 vills. Would be great if you can tell me how i could organize my vills, due to the age up, a little bit better. After that i think i made ok pressure and forced him to stay in his base.

Good review for captain down i think. I still have to learn how to handle more things in the same time.
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

1. I agree, your macro could be a bit better but it gets better with time, don't worry ;)

2. Gj in making pressure early on.

3. Keep those cossacks alive for as long as possible, they are very important.

4. Nice micro.

There isn't much to say, gg :)
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Now China one.

1. That 40f treasure should had been taken right away. Same for the two dogs treasure.

2. Agra should have been forwarded.

3. Too slow. You should have started making an army asap, in colo. 600c is worthless, ship 4 sowars.

4. This combo gives too much space to china and to be efficient it requires a lot of micro. Making sepoys from the beginning with some sowars is way better.
huGGy
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by huGGy »

Had a little game vs Caesár (pratice for the tournament on saturday). I had some problems vs jap the last days so here is a rec. Would be great if you can tell me what i should have done better. Caesár told me some things and i'll review it myself.
I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

I think the problem is that you aged up rather late and couldn't keep the pressure on, so caesar's eco was quickly becoming massive.

try 300 food as first shipment when facing japan. You can start aging at 2.45 and have 23 strelets in his base at 5.00 and it shouldn't be too hard to keep the military flowing.
I do know it's an eco sacrifice, but the payback is worth it imho
Wisdom is the supreme part of happiness. - Sophocles
Happiness belongs to the self-sufficient. - Aristotle
huGGy
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by huGGy »

Could be an interesting start. Might give it a try.