Watching the Preakness Stakes replay...

You can talk about anything here

Moderator: Global Moderator

RascalJones
N3O Member
N3O Member

Watching the Preakness Stakes replay...

Post by RascalJones »

...made me realize how much the clan roster reads like a lineup at a horse track.

Rascal Jones
Strokey Blofeld
DJDan
Emperor Al
Cyclohexane
Rufio Eht
Sporting Lisbon
Navarone Guy*
Macabee
Lazy Tuga
Hydrovert
Bad Command

and so on....

Nothing more than a stupid comment, but struck me as kind of funny.
NEO_CrAz3n
Honorary Leader
Honorary Leader

Re: Watching the Preakness Stakes replay...

Post by NEO_CrAz3n »

LOL, That's pretty good Rasc!

Big Brown will win the Triple Crown. I've never seen a horse with such break-away speed in the final stretch since Sea Biscuit. He's got another gear for sure. Betting on him is a total waste unless you have loads of cash. 1:5 in the Preakness so I can't imagine the odds in the Belmont. 1:7 is my guess.

If nobody fouls him and they don't box him in, he's a sure win. The jockey held him back nearly the entire race.

I've never seen a horse pulled back like that to pass on the outside and have the strength to win by 5 lengths. He's the most amazing horse since Manowar. He reminds me of Manowar.
"Please accept my resignation. I don't care to belong to any club that will have me as a member." -Groucho Marx

"Any strat that beats me is lame." -CrAz3n

"Quoting yourself is just as bad as speaking about yourself in the third-person." -CrAz3n
RascalJones
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by RascalJones »

Watch the replay of Secretariat at the Preakness in 1973 (It's on Youtube, as everything is). WOW! Dead last for the first 1/3 of the race, and just runs right by everyone.

Sea Biscuit raced in the 1930's, his granddaddy Man O War in the 1910's.....HOW old are you Craz? ;)
NEO_CrAz3n
Honorary Leader
Honorary Leader

Post by NEO_CrAz3n »

HAHAHA!!!!

LOL no, I'm not nearly THAT old Rasc.

Seattle Slew won the Triple Crown while still undefeated and I think "Big Brown" is going to do the same thing.
"Please accept my resignation. I don't care to belong to any club that will have me as a member." -Groucho Marx

"Any strat that beats me is lame." -CrAz3n

"Quoting yourself is just as bad as speaking about yourself in the third-person." -CrAz3n
KingKaramazov
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by KingKaramazov »

If somebody named their horse "King Karamazov" that would be pretty funny.

"...and it's King Karazamo....Kalamazoo...Karamzo...Karamawhatsit...oh **** it, King K. is gaining....."
"Why are some people all grasshopper fiddlings, scrappings, all antennae shivering, one big ganglion eternally knotting, slip-knotting, square-knotting themselves? They stoke a furnace all their lives, sweat their lips, shine their ey
LaZy
Honorary Officer

Post by LaZy »

....but Lazy_Tuga wins it at the end with an amazing sprint coming from 8th position right into 1st place. Amazing the way the jockey just took that LaZy horse around 3/4 of the track and then just kicked in his turbocharger 2 take the finals with a total prizemoney of €10.000.000 TAX FREE.
I do say, what a jolly good show. Time for some Earl Grey now and for more sporting action with 2nights football game in Moscow.

:D
emperoral
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by emperoral »

Think the jockey on my horse would fall off.

Also Lazy wrote

....but Lazy_Tuga wins it at the end with an amazing sprint coming from 8th position right into 1st place. Amazing the way the jockey just took that LaZy horse around 3/4 of the track and then just kicked in his turbocharger 2 take the finals with a total prizemoney of €10.000.000 TAX FREE.

Did the jockey have to stick a carrot up its A@#E to make it move?