Straight to 10 WP (Infantry Training)

Talk about Strategies and share your Replays here

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

Sun_Tzu1
Major
Major

Straight to 10 WP (Infantry Training)

Post by Sun_Tzu1 »

Posted this on the old UJ website but it's been given a new lease of life as a strat with the WP cost coming down.

Basically, straight to age 2, age slightly early if possible, play the infantry training card and then place all your settlers except the ones you need for food (for settler production) on you FP doing dance for WPs. Then straight to 10 WP, then switch to XP dance and start spamming an army.

Seems to work quite nicely.
Shizle

Re: Straight to 10 WP (Infantry Training)

Post by Shizle »

Hmmm...will have to give that a try. Thanks for the tip.
ruminator
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by ruminator »

This is a treaty strat I presume. Otherwise, you're relying on no one attacking you for 10 minutes. Nice use of the card, but I would maybe drop a warhut and send 10 mace and maybe then look to the wp boost.

But hey, I'm on a massive 5 PR drop since moving to Ports, so what do I know!
"Could you, would you, with a goat? Would you, could you, on a boat?" Doctor Seuss

"Why does the Air Force need expensive new bombers? Have the people we've been bombing over the years been complaining?"
George Wallace
Shizle

Post by Shizle »

I haven't tried yet, but I don't think this will take 10 mins. Will be interesting to see impact of that card though cause I don't include it in my deck. I forget that it helps crank out the WP faster, so I'm going to reevaluate the card for inclusion in my deck. I'm thinking it'll take the place of 3 WP.
36drew
Honorary Officer

Post by 36drew »

[quote=""Shizle""]I haven't tried yet, but I don't think this will take 10 mins. Will be interesting to see impact of that card though cause I don't include it in my deck. I forget that it helps crank out the WP faster, so I'm going to reevaluate the card for inclusion in my deck. I'm thinking it'll take the place of 3 WP.[/quote]

Bad idea IMO. Don't sub the 3 wp card. Its too versatile.
Sun_Tzu1
Major
Major

Post by Sun_Tzu1 »

This is a treaty strat I presume. Otherwise, you're relying on no one attacking you for 10 minutes. Nice use of the card, but I would maybe drop a warhut and send 10 mace and maybe then look to the wp boost.
Not at all. I play 1v1. The WPs pop out faster than you'd think. Obviously, the pace the WPs build is slower at first though.

You can play the 10 Mace card straight after the infantry training card if you've had your inital WP on XP dance from go. And, WPs are very capable fighting units in themselves - although they only have a speed of 4.

If you build your buildings in a parimter around your TC you'll spot armies coming at you. Then, with all those WP on your FP you can pop out 6 warriors in no time, if it gets scary, you can use the WPs for combat too. And, if they move away from your base you can set your FP straight back to XP dance.

I wasn't sure about the strat last patch but with cheaper WPs it's looking fairly strong with this patch.
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Sporting_Lisbon »

I'm not sure you'll be able to defend yourself. I think aztecs' strength lies in being able to attack soon with a combo of mace, coyo and pumas.
Shizle

Post by Shizle »

Went home for lunch and on first try had all 10 by 6:20. Would be able to shave that down with some practice or different BO. After I had them, India AI (expert) attacked with bunch of military and I was able to crank out the firepit warriors really fast and beat the attack off with those warriors alone. I know that's different from real gameplay and all, but I thought I was toast at that point, but I was cranking them out as fast as they were dying until the attack was dead. Was better than I thought it would be.

Something interesting to play around with...
Sun_Tzu1
Major
Major

Post by Sun_Tzu1 »

I'm not sure you'll be able to defend yourself. I think aztecs' strength lies in being able to attack soon with a combo of mace, coyo and pumas.

Well if anything's going to be the weakness it's that. I did beat a German 1st leutenant with it who rushed me. Anyway, let me try it some more times, might even post a recording, then I'll either adopt it or discard it.
I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

I did try this in 1.00 without really having any big advantage, but now that that dance got improved, I'll give it another try.

problem will be to get wood for houses and a warhut
Wisdom is the supreme part of happiness. - Sophocles
Happiness belongs to the self-sufficient. - Aristotle
ruminator
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by ruminator »

I'd love to see a rec of this in competitive matchplay ... any takers?
"Could you, would you, with a goat? Would you, could you, on a boat?" Doctor Seuss

"Why does the Air Force need expensive new bombers? Have the people we've been bombing over the years been complaining?"
George Wallace
Sun_Tzu1
Major
Major

Post by Sun_Tzu1 »

Hi,

I posted one up in the recorded games section a few weeks back.

J.
I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

I just ran a test and had all WP's out at 5.45 8)
also had 40 pop space and could spit out shipments really fast, it may have potential
I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

did the same test with 3 WP shipment instead of fencing school card and the result was even slightly faster 8)

it seems like a good strat to me, just dunno which card to play (school or 3 WP)
Soccerman771
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Soccerman771 »

If it's only slightly faster, then I'd say drop the 3 WP card altogether as you can then put in another card and reap the benefits of FS all game long..
jtackel@hotmail.com

"Do you know how difficult it is to micro Napalm?" - Lazy_Tuga

"This isn't going to work. I've picked a water deck and there isn't even a pond on this map." - Blackadderthe4th