Navarone vs. Takuman (PR 40.9)

Talk about Strategies and share your Replays here

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

Navarone_Guy
Honorary Officer

Navarone vs. Takuman (PR 40.9)

Post by Navarone_Guy »

Got this guy in QS, and almost beat him. I should have used my pikes to take out his shrines while using CKN to pick off his ashi. GG.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Groovy.
Sun_Tzu1
Major
Major

Re: Navarone vs. Takuman (PR 40.9)

Post by Sun_Tzu1 »

Unlucky Harley, could have gone either way. You very nearly turned that one around.
36drew
Honorary Officer

Post by 36drew »

Will watch when I get home. Sounds OP.
Zenze
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Zenze »

Navarone, you should make the camera zoom very far so you can see much more of everything that happens around your current screened position.

Most experts do it. Yours seems so close it hurts my eyes >_<.
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Sporting_Lisbon »

It's a problem of the recs, it's a bug I think. Even though you have it set on very far, on the rec it always shows as very close.
Navarone_Guy
Honorary Officer

Post by Navarone_Guy »

Actually, I have it that way all the time. Anything else just bothers me - it's what I'm used to. No zooming preference is "better" than any other.
Groovy.
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Sporting_Lisbon »

Wrong, farthest zoom let's you see more, let's you micro better and enhances your reaction time but sure.
Shizle

Post by Shizle »

Harley just wants to see the fear in their eyes! Also, remember the old adage, don't shoot until you see the whites of their eyes? Harley does that.
TheRam
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by TheRam »

Lisbon, if Nav plays zoomed out he becomes too OP and a blackhole is formed.
Navarone_Guy
Honorary Officer

Post by Navarone_Guy »

Zooming all the way out makes it nearly impossible to select individual units when microing.
Groovy.
StrokeyBlofeld
Clan Leader
Clan Leader

Post by StrokeyBlofeld »

[quote=""Navarone_Guy""]Zooming all the way out makes it nearly impossible to select individual units when microing.[/quote]

I think that depends on your screen size. I always have it zoomed right out and can still easily select individual units.
Something I also mentioned on the old forums, if you have a widescreen monitor there is a patch you can add to view the game in widescreen mode. This will give you even more advantage as it adds a few inches to the sides of the view allowing you to see even more of the map on your monitor.
LaZy
Honorary Officer

Post by LaZy »

[quote=""StrokeyBlofeld""][quote=""Navarone_Guy""]Zooming all the way out makes it nearly impossible to select individual units when microing.[/quote]

I think that depends on your screen size. I always have it zoomed right out and can still easily select individual units.
Something I also mentioned on the old forums, if you have a widescreen monitor there is a patch you can add to view the game in widescreen mode. This will give you even more advantage as it adds a few inches to the sides of the view allowing you to see even more of the map on your monitor.[/quote]

That is something I would like 2 test. Please advise Jim

Out

Im currently using a 22" widescreen LCD with the camera totaly zoomed out UNTIL im in micro mode where I will use my scroll wheel and zoom in as long as I have 2. After the battle I will zoom out again. I think that way u get the best outta both worlds.

At the end of the day the best camera position is the 1 that best suits the individual playa. Eg. I ALWAYS rotate my camera as soon as the game starts as 2 have my TC in the most southern position, no matter what map im playing on.

Out yet again due 2 my Post script which is in between the 1st and 2nd Out
emperoral
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by emperoral »

Cough cough people zoom in and out cough cough never done that! hoho what a plonker the emp is.
StrokeyBlofeld
Clan Leader
Clan Leader

Post by StrokeyBlofeld »

[quote=""LaZy""][quote=""StrokeyBlofeld""][quote=""Navarone_Guy""]Zooming all the way out makes it nearly impossible to select individual units when microing.[/quote]

Something I also mentioned on the old forums, if you have a widescreen monitor there is a patch you can add to view the game in widescreen mode. This will give you even more advantage as it adds a few inches to the sides of the view allowing you to see even more of the map on your monitor.[/quote]

That is something I would like 2 test. Please advise Jim

Out

Im currently using a 22" widescreen LCD with the camera totaly zoomed out UNTIL im in micro mode where I will use my scroll wheel and zoom in as long as I have 2. After the battle I will zoom out again. I think that way u get the best outta both worlds.

At the end of the day the best camera position is the 1 that best suits the individual playa. Eg. I ALWAYS rotate my camera as soon as the game starts as 2 have my TC in the most southern position, no matter what map im playing on.

Out yet again due 2 my Post script which is in between the 1st and 2nd Out[/quote]

This was some time ago I patched. If I remember correctly, AOE offers widescreen support but I had to patch for a certain resolution. Can't remember where I got the patch from though.
djdan
N3O Member
N3O Member
Steam: SpanktheMonkey

Post by djdan »

You can rotate the camera?!
From the OP maker of the OP Sigs, Cleeduz brings maybe some of his best work yet!