Talk about Strategies and share your Replays here

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

Lokelo
Corporal
Corporal

Brits mirror vs a master sergeant

Post by Lokelo »

Well, I lost :-(

Any comments where I could improve? I think I was very strong in the beginning but then I lost momentum.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
huGGy
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Re: Brits mirror vs a master sergeant

Post by huGGy »

I'll take a look.
huGGy
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by huGGy »

Hm, i can't edit my posts so: Why does this Download takes such a long time? (I'm using Firefox).
Lokelo
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Lokelo »

no idea, the file is only 350 kb... should be quick

I'm using firefox, too.
Lokelo
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Lokelo »

hmm... I tried to download it myself and it is very slow. However, this could be because of this damn Australian internet provider which reduces the speed to a regular modem, last used 20 years ago, when we reach our monthly limit.
Soccerman771
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Soccerman771 »

I had no problems downloading it. Took about 3 seconds, and I'm using the deplorable ole' IE.
jtackel@hotmail.com

"Do you know how difficult it is to micro Napalm?" - Lazy_Tuga

"This isn't going to work. I've picked a water deck and there isn't even a pond on this map." - Blackadderthe4th
StrokeyBlofeld
Clan Leader
Clan Leader

Post by StrokeyBlofeld »

Well I just downloaded it. It took about 0.5 seconds and I'm using IE.
huGGy
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by huGGy »

Ok, i watched the game. First thing: If you build a stable make sure you build hussars (even if you can only build 1 or 2, it's enough to counter early lbows). Use your ressources better (build manors asap). You lost the game because you didn't watch the one fight (you: musks and hussars vs lbwos and hussars from him). You could have won this easily. You had about 10 hussars and he had 5 or something.

The start was good. Good place where you built your barracks and tower.
StrokeyBlofeld
Clan Leader
Clan Leader

Post by StrokeyBlofeld »

I'll second what huggy said, but also look closer at the fight and you'll see he has pike with his bows and these slaughter you cav soooo quickly.
It just shows how missing a few seconds in battle can lose you a game.

I must say, your start has improved greatly, good job!!!
huGGy
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by huGGy »

Yes i saw this, but they came out while the fight was going on. If he had moved musks and hussars in when the fight started, it could have been over before the pikes came out.

The musk and hussar combo is a solid one in a brit mirror game. With improved micro you can switch to lbows and hussars.

But you are getting better and better. Don't forget it was a mst. serg. and you nearly had him.
Lokelo
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Lokelo »

Thanks guys for the review!

I will have a look at the game myself today. And see where I went wrong.

So, if you are in a fight and there are idle villagers, no villagers building, wrong distribution of villagers etc. you first finish the fight and then go fixing the problem?

I'm trying now to be everywhere at the same time, but I guess I'm not experienced or skilled enough to pull it off quickly enough. Hmm... I watched some of Nav's games and his eco is usually absolutely horrible, with a much lower score then the enemy, and he still wins. So I guess that should have been a sign for me that I should focus more on the fights. But then.... it's Nav... ;)
Killahsquirrel
Conscript
Conscript

Post by Killahsquirrel »

While fighting, I keep vill production up by selecting the TC as group 9 for the hotkeys, and make X the select group 9 button. Then i just give a quick XVV while watching the fighting and resume right away. Its better than going T V because it doesnt move the screen back to the town centre.
Killahsquirrel
Conscript
Conscript

Post by Killahsquirrel »

While fighting, I keep vill production up by selecting the TC as group 9 for the hotkeys, and make X the select group 9 button. Then i just give a quick XVV while watching the fighting and resume right away. Its better than going T V because it doesnt move the screen back to the town centre. However, if you got idle vills i'd suggest just moving them after you finish fighting like you said. A vill can wait a few seconds (though its not the best), but you can lose a battle pretty easy if you don't keep up.