For Sporting (I'll continue posting in this thread)

Talk about Strategies and share your Replays here

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

huGGy
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

For Sporting (I'll continue posting in this thread)

Post by huGGy »

Me (germans) vs Iros. I feel like a noob. I just don't get better. =/
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Re: For Sporting (I'll continue posting in this thread)

Post by Sporting_Lisbon »

You're already feeling like a noob after a few losses? Take it easy :p I'll review it.
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Btw thank god it's not russia again, the games are boring to watch and I'm not to with them to help as I'd like to ^^
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Here we go:

Start was a bit sloppy, try to be a bit faster in making first vill asap and getting vills on hunts. These vill seconds in the beginning of the game are very important.

Add 2 SW 700f and 700w cards to your deck and remove advanced arsenal, 4 landsknecht and 15% cav atk. Iro can rush you and if you have to turtle you'll be in trouble without res to protect yourself.

You barely had res to make xbows from one rax, you didn't need two.

You took a lot of time to attack the vills in that raid of yours with 2 uhlans. Don't forget that if you attack the vills with the explorer, it will make a lot of noise and pop up in the map and the other guy will pay attention to what's going on with his vills - when you get there with the uhlans he'll take less time to react.

Bad eco management, you had tons of wood but no food.

Uhlans are friends, you didn't need doppels. With all those aennas you wouldn't beat them with xbows and 2 uhlans. If you had rax+stable instead of double rax you'd have handled it better.

You shouldn't have wasted res on a tp when you were under pressure. You should invest all that is possible in getting a force, just keep vill production. Same thing applies to the market, you don't have enough space to make it worthy.

Uhlans into tomas, pikes into aennas, what a mess :P

Warchief dies first, remember that.

And that's it :D I'm sure you'll do better next time ;)
huGGy
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by huGGy »

[quote=""Sporting_Lisbon""]You're already feeling like a noob after a few losses? Take it easy :p I'll review it.[/quote]

Nah, not because i lose. No problem with losing vs a pr 33 guy, but my rank does not go up. When i face a major and lose i lose more points than i get for beating him.

Thanks for the tips! I built two barracks, cause i was expecting a toma rush. Going for that TP was right imo, i had too much wood that time and couldn't build anything with it. Next time i'll add a stable instead of a second barrack.

The last big fight was stupid micro, but when i saw these wolves i was like: wth? Forgot that he could build them. I should have keep the uhlans behind my xbows til i finished most of the tomas. Some uhlans should have done some raiding before. Yeah, stupido when i watched it myself again.
huGGy
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by huGGy »

Ok, here i faced a brit major (pr 31). I think i played ok, so it's your turn to show me what i could have done better (@sporting or everyone who wants to). My ressource management wasn't as bad as i thought after reviewing the game myself.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Rec vs brit:

1. As soon as you see that his army is too big for you just go fortress. He was turtling and he was thinking more in protecting himself than attacking. Waste no time and go fortress.

2. I would have made skirms from rax and shipped 9 uhlans instead of 8 skirms + 3 uhlans.

3. Don't forget to keep up the unit production when in the middle of a battle. See it like this - you're in your base so those guys you make will turn the tide of the battle to your side.

GG, good to see you're improving :D
LaZy
Honorary Officer

Post by LaZy »

Rec vs Brit by LaZy

Hey Huggy great game 2 watch btw. I find playing vs brits extremly hard.

1) u let him steal the Incan warrior from ur treasure and then let him take an Iro Toma from another treasure when ur hero literally walked right past it. U also let ur settler wagon die for no reason by his "raiding party" after u build ur fb.

2) Scouting ur enemy when playing germans is essential cos u need 2 know where his 2nd and 3rd hunts r in order 4 the free uhlans 2 run right there ASAP. Like Sporting said last game, u saw him hunting with ur hero, he therefor knew he was seen and thus covered his vills with musks knowing ud send uhlans there. At min 10 u finally managaed 2 scout his entire base, using uhlans and managed 2 kill 2 vills but sacrificing 5 uhlans 2 do so.

3) By the 13min mark, knowing that ur enemy is british, has totally walled up and has made counter units vs urs (lbs and musks) u really wanted 2 stop spending cash on uhlans and start thinking of aging.

4) the ten pikes u made should have been hitting his walls, distracting him. Eventually they didnt kill a single unit and were all killed. At min 15 and loosing ur fb, u finally decided 2 age. MayB sending in some uhlans 2 raid him (since his entire army was out of his base would have been wise.)

5)GJ getting 3 TP´s. 120 XP is very helpfull, especially playing germans. While he was killing ur fb, one TP and ur aging u really need 2 get a new rax up ASAP, especillay if u have the wood 4 it. Whilst u aged only 1 single vill was on gold. If u want more uhlans, skirms or upgrades u will need that gold ASAP. Also falcs vs lbs and musks cost gold.

6) Somehow, without pikes vs his hussars (which u knew he had cos he used em when he killed ur fb) ur enemy made his 1st serious mistake. he send his cav from the front into ur uhlans. Ur xbows and free skrims shot at his musks and ur upgraded uhlans "ate" what was left in no time. Wonderful micro on ur part!

7) At min 17 u have one single vill on food bearing 885; 21 vills on wood bearing a whopping 1,7and three lonley vills on gold bearing 128 of that resource. That is what I call serious bad resource distribuition, not 2 mention the idle vills.

8) Beautiful map control by placing a new TC right infront of his base opening. At min 19 ( 2mins l8er) u still had that lonely vill gathering food bearing 283, a whopping 21 vills chopping wood bearing 1,7k and now 9 vills bearing 338 gold. U have no siege and no pikes saving u from his hussars. The only unit u make r uhlans and vills.

9) At min 20 and with ur enemy still in age II u finally get that arty foundry up. Now as germans what I really find important is also 2 get a saloon going in age II still if i can; just 2 c if anything really cool shows up. Ud need an awesome gold eco for that though, and neither upgrades at ur market for that resource had been studied!

10) once u made those 2 falcs, got some skirms 4 his pesky musks decided 2 ease off the uhlans and make pikes(which u then upgraded) there was no stopping ur army. I found it funny the way he only quit right after he kills ur 2 falcs, even though he was totaly run over. Guess his ego was at stake.

Overall a darn good game 2 watch. Lots of fighting and good use of combos ( even if his combo was one step ahead of u). U really needed 2 scout better, raid and generally distract him. He lost the game cos u outmicrod him and it ended quickly for him cos he hardly made an army after u reppelled him back from ur base. U could of taken him out much faster if u had used ur fortress techs better ( falcs essentially and skirms
), instead u played it very eco based in fortress and spammed cards, which u used rather well!

GG

Out
huGGy
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by huGGy »

Thanks for the review Lazy. I'll try to work on my gameplay. Had some trouble with gold while he pressures (no safe goldmine). Think i had some pikes in my army while we fought in my base. Not sure though lol. Scouting is one of my biggest problems. One time i really scout very well and the other time i just forget it. I think these mistakes are keeping me away from the major rank :)
LaZy
Honorary Officer

Post by LaZy »

My pleasure bro, always easy 2 c some1 elses "mistakes" and point the finger :P

Out

PS Im playing around a little wih Germans again since the new patch came out and find that if u want 2 take true advantage of the uhlan raiding ability u wanna scout as much as u can not only 4 his TC but also his 2nd and 3rd hunts. I found Parfaits VPO really interesting the way he talks about scouting on maps which r preset regarding goldmine and TC positioning. Essentially he just wants 2 find those hunting groups ASAP.

Out again
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Thanks Lazy, it's nice to have someone else helping me, with a different POV ;) As you may have noticed I don't give that much importance to eco while I place micro, battle picking, unit picking and all that ''kill-kill'' atmosphere above all :D
LaZy
Honorary Officer

Post by LaZy »

Oh yeah

Out

PS u know ive always enjoyed reviewing games when i can. I just need time 2 write all my stuff cos somehow i just cant b simple and write all that is required in short sentences. I just get carried away and keep my fingers moving over the keyboard as if they had a will of their own. I need 2 control myself a little more and start 2 become more realstic cos a) I havent got the spare time 2 b writing entire essays on other peoples gameplays nor b) do people have the time 2 b reading pages and pages of stuff which any 10 year old could just resume with 2 senteces containing single sylibus words.

I will try 2 improve and think positvely on the matter hoping that one day I will b able to say and write all that is needed and nothing else so as not 2 waste my precious time nor the readers which would otherwise just start 2 skip my reviews or worse still start reviewing themselves.

Out

Main Entry: out
Pronunciation: \?au?t\
Function: adverb
Etymology: Middle English, from Old English ?t; akin to Old High German ?z out, Greek hysteros later, Sanskrit ud up, out
Date: before 12th century
1 a (1): in a direction away from the inside or center <went out into the garden> (2): outside <it's raining out> b: from among others c: away from the shore d: away from home or work <out to lunch> e: away from a particular place
2 a: so as to be missing or displaced from the usual or proper place <left a word out> <threw his shoulder out> b: into the possession or control of another <lend out money> c: into a state of loss or defeat <was voted out> d: into a state of vexation <they do not mark me, and that brings me out — Shakespeare> e: into groups or shares <sorted out her notes> <parceled out the farm>
3 a: to the point of depletion, extinction, or exhaustion <the food ran out> <turn the light out> <all tuckered out> b: to completion or satisfaction <hear me out> <work the problem out> c: to the full or a great extent or degree <all decked out> <stretched out on the floor>
4 a: in or into the open <the sun came out> b: out loud <cried out> c: in or into public circulation <the evening paper isn't out yet> <hand out pamphlets> <the library book is still out>
5 a: at an end <before the day is out> b: in or into an insensible or unconscious state <she was out cold> c: in or into a useless state <landed the plane with one engine out> d: so as to end the offensive turn of another player, a side, or oneself in baseball <threw him out> <fly out>
6—used on a two-way radio circuit to indicate that a message is complete and no reply is expected
Roger_The_Rogue
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by Roger_The_Rogue »

[quote=""LaZy""]6—used on a two-way radio circuit to indicate that a message is complete and no reply is expected[/quote]

Ha, so next time when Lazy says 'Out', no one must rely to him because he says that he doesn't expect any replies. :D
LaZy
Honorary Officer

Post by LaZy »

Rofl

Out
Blackadderthe4th
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Blackadderthe4th »

LMAO

Good one Lazy, keep it up!