Navarone_Guy
Honorary Officer

Navarone vs. Una (PR 35)

Post by Navarone_Guy »

Harley14 vs. Una
China vs. India
Map: Sonora
Winner: Harley14

Another guy I got in QS. This one was quite close due to his damn agra fort, but he switched to gurkhas too late. GG.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Groovy.
Sun_Tzu1
Major
Major

Re: Navarone vs. Una (PR 35)

Post by Sun_Tzu1 »

V. brave taking down the Agra Fort. I normally stay well clear of them. Haven't seen anyone take one down before that early in the game.

gg.
huGGy
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by huGGy »

[quote=""Sun_Tzu1""]V. brave taking down the Agra Fort. I normally stay well clear of them. Haven't seen anyone take one down before that early in the game.

gg.[/quote]

just remember that agra fort needs 5 shots to kill one xbow.
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Sporting_Lisbon »

But it will kill another 2 xbows in the 6th shot due to area effect - don't stay close to it when unnecessary. Btw get your army near a treasure (if there's one) so that they are attacked by the area effect as well and you'll have some extra OP siege :D (I admit I'm very good at using OP stuff and exploits).
Roger_The_Rogue
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by Roger_The_Rogue »

[quote=""Sporting_Lisbon""]Btw get your army near a treasure (if there's one) so that they are attacked by the area effect as well and you'll have some extra OP siege :D (I admit I'm very good at using OP stuff and exploits).[/quote]

Lol, I did use the treasure to my advantage in my other game. I just move my army away and let the fort focus on the guardains (there are about 5 or 6 8O ) and then moved in for kill and also collecting the huge treasure too. Lol.

Tip for India players - don't put the fort near the treasures. :D
Tatltael
Major
Major

Post by Tatltael »

china is still a complete mystery to me.

heres a question nav, do you ever feel abit restricted with the forced batches of units, especially if a game moves to the 20 minute mark?
Navarone_Guy
Honorary Officer

Post by Navarone_Guy »

Ohhhh yeah, all the time.

As I've said in other threads, light inf combined with cav is impossible for China to beat. They have no heavy inf/cav banner army, so there's literally nothing you can do except VASTLY outsmart and outplay your opponent, but at the colonel level that's not gonna happen.

Also, my games almost never last more than 8 mins or so. :) If they do go past that, though, I'm in trouble. My econ is most likely inferior to his and China's lack of upgrades begins to show at that point. Other civs are just better late-game. I always do have the old han reforms card as a last-ditch resort if the game goes longer than I would want.
Groovy.