Japs
57%

Total votes: 23

Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

India or Japs?

Post by Sporting_Lisbon »

Gosh, I played Japs today and that thing is completely broken. Ship cheap shrines/boost rate card and age with tokoshu shrine or whatever it is called. Each shrine with no hunts (!) on it gathers wood or coin at a rate of 0.29!! That's half a vill and you can spam them in your base! Not to mention OP ashis and Nagis that we already know.

India has a monster eco too and the über counter system so which is better?

At AgeS they say that germans are very good too but I don't think they are that OP.
Blackadderthe4th
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Re: India or Japs?

Post by Blackadderthe4th »

I haven't tried using the heavenly Kami card yet with the new patch, I usually use the trade empire and get 1-2 TPs and torri gates so my cards fly in and get a eco that wipes everyone out that way. Haven't tried your approach though I have seen a few people use it, will have to see how much better it is. Like I said I usually get an eco that outclasses everyone else but if I can get an even better one then thats just kick ass.

Japan I think is just easier to play so its probably better for us noobs. India is faster starting and I think that will probably give them the edge in 1v1, in team games its pretty even with the diamyo pushing it in Japans favor. Though I do get bored of spamming Ashis, but its just so damn easy. :-P
luukje
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by luukje »

I think a good player can use India best, they just get everything in age 2 you want, the best age 3 cards, a solid economy, elephants, urumi's... No obvious weaknesses to exploit, good player can do wonders with india, just watched some recordings and they can do it all, 10-10, normal colonial war, semi FF, FF...

Japan are still the 1 unit owns all, the whole civ is designed to play like that. Ashi's still the best of them all. They start of a bit slow, so some civs with a good solid fast start can use this, others just no chance.

Japan units need a nerf, India, mmm dont know. Zamburaks age 3 doenst make that much sense because you get those ranged elephants, howdah. Who ever thought of zamburaks and howdahs for the same civ anyway?
Just give them to otto,lol.
djdan
N3O Member
N3O Member
Steam: SpanktheMonkey

Post by djdan »

I love the kami card with sheep on the shrine + kami, each shrine collect 0.73 food and gold and not sure exactly but ~0.65 wood
From the OP maker of the OP Sigs, Cleeduz brings maybe some of his best work yet!
Soccerman771
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Soccerman771 »

I voted Japan. Though at my level, not sure that it matters. I've had more difficulty against Japan since the patch. Their age II eco seems to be much better than pre-patch. It's like they combined the old french eco with shipments the speed of spain.
jtackel@hotmail.com

"Do you know how difficult it is to micro Napalm?" - Lazy_Tuga

"This isn't going to work. I've picked a water deck and there isn't even a pond on this map." - Blackadderthe4th
Shizle

Post by Shizle »

I have way more trouble against India, but maybe I don't know how to play against them. I beat a captain playing japanese yesterday, and it was unrated because he was new to them. Still, just didn't get the feeling that they were OP.

The Urumi card is the most OP card in the game at the moment, in my opinion. But, I need to start thinking of that card like the Port's Mamalukes...high chance of that card being played first after they age, so get ready for the pain.
luukje
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by luukje »

I dont know, cards like those are 1 shots, they must be powerfull or wont be used at all. Now otto is bottom half of the civs, nobody is complaining about spahi. Maybe it should give 1 less.

But I have seen games were urumi got played and didnt do anything. If they get close, they are terrific. But if they come at the wrong time, you can outmicro them and kill half before they get going.
TheRam
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by TheRam »

As far as I'm concerned definately Japs.
At my level, which is beating PR 26-34 (rarely above 32) I find that Japan is just TOO VERSATILE.
I mean, the fact that vs most civs you can spam Ashigaru, which beat their counters without taking the effort to get CIR or invest solely in anti-infantry (at which point a few naginatas will decimate your forces). Also the double shipments of economy cards, and being almost completely unraidable in early game (and pretty much throughout) mean they can outboom you and spam ashi/nags etc... (disciplined yumi absolutely cane as well)
India requires alot more micro as far as settler/resources is concerned and whilst Sepoy are good, they are no wonder troops - and whilst their fortress is pretty brilliant (though easily countered if you know what cards they're shipping) most games don't get to fortress, or they're ECO can be damaged enough before they're up and running.
However, I'm willing to acknowledge that whilst Japan dominates the low/mid game I've seen some very good high level India players kicking ass, though that's more the skill of the player, not the civ itself - just like there is people who can kick some ass with ports *cough* Lisbon *cough*
LaZy
Honorary Officer

Post by LaZy »

Japs 4 me. India is just great and str8 4ward. But japs is beatiful cos u can just stay age II 4 such a long time and keep spamming those OP ashis. Sams 2 p*ss off ur enemy whilst hes fighting somewhere else and nags 2 raid and kill LI. As u said urslef SCP japs is just EZ 2 play.

Btw I am trying out the cheap shrnes card and aging up with the OP shrine thingy. Will let u know how I do with it.

Out
djdan
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by djdan »

I find it harder against India mainly because im not sure whether im getting gurkha's, sepoy or camels at me!
From the OP maker of the OP Sigs, Cleeduz brings maybe some of his best work yet!
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Yes, other than 10/10 rush India is quite harder to play than Japs.
It's like they combined the old french eco with shipments the speed of spain.
The OP thing is that they turtle and have an OP eco like dutch while having OP units like otto. Before they only had good units and sucky eco.

However, I'm willing to acknowledge that whilst Japan dominates the low/mid game I've seen some very good high level India players kicking ***, though that's more the skill of the player, not the civ itself - just like there is people who can kick some *** with ports *cough* Lisbon *cough*
:D
Last edited by Sporting_Lisbon on Mon May 05, 2008 11:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
djdan
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by djdan »

A good map for Japan though is Sagueney as they start with like 200-300 wood or so and also start with a shrine as well, I never knew that before until last night, withall the sheep on the map as well, and then numerous decent treasures!
Tatltael
Major
Major

Post by Tatltael »

haha welllll. jap has insane shrine eco boom with crazy good units.. but india has a pretty good eco as well but they have the versatility early on, meaning in age 2 they have every kind of unit to counter things :[ .. so it comes down to skill of the player in this case :D
Navarone_Guy
Honorary Officer

Post by Navarone_Guy »

I've had a HELL of a time beating either of them with China. It's damn near impossible, cause everything China can do Japan or India can do better.
Groovy.
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

gurkha's, sepoy or camels at me!
You're in trouble when there are all of them and you can't touch nothing.
I've had a HELL of a time beating either of them with China. It's damn near impossible, cause everything China can do Japan or India can do better.
China's problem is that you don't have a musket type unit that beats both cav and pikes nor hussars that beat both asian cav and RI, resulting in being pretty tough while other civs just take it easy.