Any feedback appreciated. Thanks.

Talk about Strategies and share your Replays here

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

Sun_Tzu1
Major
Major

Any feedback appreciated. Thanks.

Post by Sun_Tzu1 »

Here's a couple of games I played against higher rank players (I think one was a Major and the other a Captain. I lost both but think I did okay. Could someone critic for me? Give me some ideas to improve? Thanks.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Sun_Tzu1
Major
Major

Re: Any feedback appreciated. Thanks.

Post by Sun_Tzu1 »

And the other.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Macabee
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by Macabee »

Hey Sun,

I watched the one vs the otto, I think you did a few things that worked but I'll make some suggestions I think you should try.

First I think you should look at your deck and ask yourself if schooners on a land map has any value, or in my opinion the 1 farm card.

Make sure you herd toward your tc, if you send 2 vills right away to the farthest bird they will not move. Then send all new vills to it. Or send and shoot toward your tc.

Scouting is much more important than attacking an explorer. Keeping the wc alive is really important to aztecs too, Also send your wp on a short trip to scout (time it for him to get back just as the firepit is built.

Shift Click your vills. Using the shift key, give them each a list of jobs to do. This cuts idle villie time.

Build what you need when you need it. I would have built a forward wh before that second house. I also would have sent a few more vills to wood, leaving maybe 4 on food, then cue a vill or 2.

Aztecs need that firepit. Send the 3 wp's and try to make more. With 10 wp's in the firepit, Aztecs are ok to stay in age 2 for a while. Aging to age 3 with just 1 wp doesnt really help.

I hope this helps. If you have any questions feel free to ask.

Mac
Sun_Tzu1
Major
Major

Post by Sun_Tzu1 »

Thanks Mac.

I play with just one deck. So the Schooner card was there incase it's water. Saves having to select a deck in game.

The 1 farm card is something I was testing. Trying to work out if being able to fatten sheep you find and having the food upgrades makes it worthwhile as a card (400 wd equ. for an age 1 card is tempting too). My feeling at the mo is that it's not worth it.

Will work on using the wp for an initial scout. I'm normally very good at herding back to my TC so not sure what happened in that game.

I'm intrigued by what you mean by shift clicking villages. I'm familiar with shift clicking for moving units but I normally let villages move from hunt to hunt, etc. on their own - unless I'm microing for herding purposes. However, I'm now tempted to experiment with shift clicking to see if I can make settlers do some things I've not thought of in the past.