Rofl imbalanced game, port fortress vs jap colo

Talk about Strategies and share your Replays here

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Rofl imbalanced game, port fortress vs jap colo

Post by Sporting_Lisbon »

Check out how jap colo beats port fortress without breaking a sweat. I even had caças with CIR and musks blablabla. Even though I realize I should have FI'd, this is a bit ridiculous how one can boom and still have an OP army, while I have none.

I didn't play perfectly but I still found this amusing.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
huGGy
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Re: Rofl imbalanced game, port fortress vs jap colo

Post by huGGy »

Jap is very strong. Made the same experience when i lost to a pr26 captain who stayed in colo and my german veteran skirms lost to his ashis. Since that game i always get cannons and anti cav. That owns jap colo pretty hard if you can defend your cannons.
ruminator
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by ruminator »

Not just me then!

I went ff against a Jap on saguenay, who was being very passive. I had 6 cassa, shipped in 2 organ guns and went in with some xbow/musk support expecting a mass of yumi, ashi. He had a stable a bit further back though and a late charge of 10 naginata cleaned out my entire force. :oops: If only my scope was centred a little bit further back I'd have seen the stable.

He then went age 3 while I hid in my base - game over!
"Could you, would you, with a goat? Would you, could you, on a boat?" Doctor Seuss

"Why does the Air Force need expensive new bombers? Have the people we've been bombing over the years been complaining?"
George Wallace
BenS64
Colonel
Colonel

Post by BenS64 »

japan is a good civ. they are very strong
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

The only chance of beating japan is to attack them early, but something tells me that's impossible for port. India and germans can beat japan but this matchup is just ridiculous.
StrokeyBlofeld
Clan Leader
Clan Leader

Post by StrokeyBlofeld »

I don't think it's impossible for port to push on Japan early, but it's a bit of a no win situation. Even if you push as port they have decent eco, and your eco will be worse off. Perhaps port should try pushing here early, I know containment doesn't really effect Japan too much early on, but what else do port have against them? Not a fat lot IMO!!!
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Luck, and FI ^^''
Sun_Tzu1
Major
Major

Post by Sun_Tzu1 »

I know a Port player with a high PR who quite commonly goes age 3, then ships Ronin & Organ Guns. Then Mams. The Ronin and Organ Guns make a good combo.

As an aside, we used to do a Ronin rush in TWC. Forward your second TC. Go age 3 and collect 1000 gold. Then send the Ronin at your opponents TC and take it down. 50% of the time it worked. It was great fun, you'd often get totally beaten up (if rushed), be on your last legs, and then the Ronin would pop out and own the other guy.
huGGy
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by huGGy »

[quote=""Sun_Tzu1""]I know a Port player with a high PR who quite commonly goes age 3, then ships Ronin & Organ Guns. Then Mams. The Ronin and Organ Guns make a good combo.

[/quote]

So how is gomez doing? :P
Sun_Tzu1
Major
Major

Post by Sun_Tzu1 »

lol Huggy, you guessed it right.

Not sure how he is. We should get him in N3O.