More for Sporting

Talk about Strategies and share your Replays here

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

Soccerman771
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

More for Sporting

Post by Soccerman771 »

First one is Ports, second one is Brits. The first one is definitely better and I stayed up with him better. The second game, well see for your self (atrocious). I pretty much screwed up everything you could screw up. I think I was trying too hard and I couldn't compete on the water at all...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jtackel@hotmail.com

"Do you know how difficult it is to micro Napalm?" - Lazy_Tuga

"This isn't going to work. I've picked a water deck and there isn't even a pond on this map." - Blackadderthe4th
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Re: More for Sporting

Post by Sporting_Lisbon »

Will watch.
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

The port one:

1. First of all, adapt your deck. For it to be a good water deck your deck must also include 2 caravels, 3 caravels and 30% boost to fish gathering rate. Wale oil can also be there if you want but as it is map dependent the other card is enough.

2. He's dutch so even if he rushes you it will suck. Schooners goes first, this is a water map.

3. You should place your tc so that you can take some extra hunts and a mine if he's not rushing you.

4. You must continue the vill production. Next time age with 12 vills but make vills during coin collecting so that you age up to fortress with 15 vills.

5. 700w is unnecessary, save the shipment for fortress age.

6. If you want to water boom, you go sea right from the beginning, not after getting to fortress.

7. You wasted the wood you'd use on fishing boats on xbows and pikes. In fortress you should go for muskets and mamelukes.

8. You stopped the vill production.

9. I just noticed you don't have mameluke card in your deck. Ronin one aint worthy most of the cases.

10. He had tons of skirms, you should have gone cav or organ guns.

11. Sending colonial militia would have been a little help here.

Try to get this in practice next game ;)
Soccerman771
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Soccerman771 »

Thanks for the review. I did send CM first. I appreciate the deck help, it is one area where I have the most trouble in all civ's IMO..

His cav raiding and keeping off the water really hurt me. Knowing to go to the water at the start really helps b/c now I can adjust to do that.
jtackel@hotmail.com

"This isn't going to work. I've picked a water deck and there isn't even a pond on this map." - Blackadderthe4th
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Brit game:

1. You had enough wood for another house, which means one more vill. Do that always when possible.

2. I would add 5 vill card to your deck.

3. 700w instead of 6 musks grants you wood for houses, market and a lot of stuff. As houses means vills, that gets your eco better faster.

4. You have your tc idle for too long. Make houses asap so that you can keep up your vill production.

5. You knew his cav was in your town, you should have attacked him while he was away and killed vills.

6. You had 1000+f and while other res are low and you upgrade hunting dogs. You should have taken wood and coin ones first.

7. No need to run from 6 minutemen when you have 15+ musks ^^ You gave him time to collect the res crates.

8. Brit with less than 40 vills (you had 21) at 10 min mark doesn't work, you have to work on not having your tc idle for so long. An outpost to protect your vills from raids would be kind too.

9. You shouldn't be taking houses, you should be taking down the tc. Remember that he has another tc with a lot of vills that will build more houses if necessary, although if you kill the tc you'll have 10 vills to kill.

Although not perfect, you can see the rec from Drew's view for a port fishboom. Not perfect because Drew would have needed a third dock to use all that wood, and because it was a little susceptible to a rush. Very nice raids btw ;)
Soccerman771
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Soccerman771 »

Thanks again. What if I had added Gren's to that rush? I will watch from his perspective. I'm pretty sure I had hidden my fb fairly well. I knew I was in trouble when I housed myself in the beginning.

And I had just taken the 5 vils out of that deck :(
jtackel@hotmail.com

Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Too many water cards when you didn't go sea :P Grens would have helped, indeed.
36drew
Honorary Officer

Post by 36drew »

I used both games as practice games. I was trying to see how the dutch skirm + hussar colonial situation works (as our major general does that strategy a tonne in 1.01). I also was practicing multivolley w/ cassadores in the second game, along with the raiding and whatnot.
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

I wasn't criticizing your gameplay tho, I think you did well ^^
Soccerman771
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Soccerman771 »

He took too long to finish me off the second game. If you'd have told me I could last 17 and 27 minutes against a Lt Col. I'd have said you're crazy...
jtackel@hotmail.com

36drew
Honorary Officer

Post by 36drew »

[quote=""Sporting_Lisbon""]I wasn't criticizing your gameplay tho, I think you did well ^^[/quote]

Yeah I know. :) I was just stating FYI... because I don't normally play those matchups exactly as I did.