Top 25 Player Civ Useage

General Discussion about Age of Empires III: Definitive Edition

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

Soccerman771
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Re: Top 25 Player Civ Useage

Post by Soccerman771 »

[quote=""Shizle""]What? No mention that iamgrunt, the God of AOE and perhaps even the Universe, is in second place with over 180 games under his belt? The iamgrunt-watchers must be having a fit.[/quote]

I don't care too much for him as a player. Never rec's games so as to help other's get better. Doesn't actively participate in patches, making the game better, etc... I'm glad NP is up there above him..I wish more would help him get lower on the ladder.
jtackel@hotmail.com

"Do you know how difficult it is to micro Napalm?" - Lazy_Tuga

"This isn't going to work. I've picked a water deck and there isn't even a pond on this map." - Blackadderthe4th
KingKaramazov
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by KingKaramazov »

He's good but without a clear lamer civ he doesn't have as much of an advantage. For years he was the #1 lamer but now NP's superior skill shows.
"Why are some people all grasshopper fiddlings, scrappings, all antennae shivering, one big ganglion eternally knotting, slip-knotting, square-knotting themselves? They stoke a furnace all their lives, sweat their lips, shine their ey
Navarone_Guy
Honorary Officer

Post by Navarone_Guy »

I hate iamgrunt.

1. He can't do anything without lame civs.

2. He never interacts with the community.

3. He noob bashes.

4. He only plays exactly one rated game a week so his rate doesn't decay.
Groovy.
36drew
Honorary Officer

Post by 36drew »

[quote=""Navarone_Guy""]I hate iamgrunt.

3. He noob bashes.

4. He only plays exactly one rated game a week so his rate doesn't decay.[/quote]

You may make a point on 1-3, however, on 4 he only does this post patch so he can re-evaluate his strategies and decide whats.... well... OP once again LOL. I still like him personally, but I can understand why someone wouldn't.
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Sporting_Lisbon »

I hate iamgrunt.

3. He noob bashes.

4. He only plays exactly one rated game a week so his rate doesn't decay.
I enjoy iamgrunt.

1. He always uses the best civ, but he plays all the civs has if they were his favorite.

2. He barely knows english and he doesn't like to share his strats. But of course! He's the big boss that own the biggest cash prize! He wouldn't give others a chance to take his prize away from him by giving them his strats.

3. People offer to play against him. I'd offer myself too if he accepted me just for the fun.

4. Yeah, won't you do the same about yours in case you leave sup? ^^ He has nothing to prove to anyone, he deserves the rate he has so that wouldn't be a problem.

People love to bash grunt, but he's just playing the way he should. Btw Parfait didn't give a damn about this game until he heard about WCG. He's only playing again because WCG is here again. Don't you think everyone's like NP :)
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Btw I didn't read that well at the first time. Where did you see that?
Navarone_Guy
Honorary Officer

Post by Navarone_Guy »

What I meant by that is that he only plays lame civs. He played China 100% until patch 1.01, and right after that he stopped playing more than one game a week just to keep his rate up.

Also, even if he can't speak English, he could at least post a rec or two or actually play other experts!
Groovy.
huGGy
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by huGGy »

[quote=""Sporting_Lisbon""]

People love to bash grunt, but he's just playing the way he should. Btw Parfait didn't give a damn about this game until he heard about WCG. He's only playing again because WCG is here again. Don't you think everyone's like NP :)[/quote]

You mean Starsky, right?
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Starsky's cool too but he moved to a different game I can't recall the name.
What I meant by that is that he only plays lame civs. He played China 100% until patch 1.01, and right after that he stopped playing more than one game a week just to keep his rate up.
Yes,but you can notice he isn't playing half as much as he did in twc. In twc he played every civ.

Actually he played Challe quite some times, he doesn't qs he just hosts his game. I don't know why he doesn't have that many games against other experts, but that is true. Maybe due to different timezones, but idk.

My point is that he isn't the evil guy he is often pictured as.
KingKaramazov
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by KingKaramazov »

I don't think he's allowed to post recs because of some deal he has with a gaming TV service in Korea.

Still, he doesn't do much for the community and usually lames so I couldn't care less if he stopped playing.
"Why are some people all grasshopper fiddlings, scrappings, all antennae shivering, one big ganglion eternally knotting, slip-knotting, square-knotting themselves? They stoke a furnace all their lives, sweat their lips, shine their ey