N3O Member

Re: Chinese Fast Rush by Mr Milo (ES)

Post by blayzer13 »

another strat from milo...wonder if will be as good as his ashi hammer lol
36drew
Honorary Officer

Post by 36drew »

Well, he is a colonel. Not sure if that means something or not. LOL.
blayzer13
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by blayzer13 »

hmmmm idk he could hack his rank o0o
Navarone_Guy
Honorary Officer

Post by Navarone_Guy »

Wow. More China. How original. I'd like to see him come up with something for India, Portugal, or Germany... then I'd respect him. I just really don't like it when these "experts" write up "guides" on "strategies", and claim that they're original. It's kind of insulting...
Groovy.
ZoRPrimE
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by ZoRPrimE »

Looks effective I probably need to get 700 wood in my deck. I also tend to send CKN and flamethrower card first if I can get the food for it. I've been aging at 13 villies instead of his fast 12 villie. I find 13 still requires some waiting for 800f on most maps.
"It is by will alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, the stains become a warning. It is by will alone I set my mind
blayzer13
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by blayzer13 »

Right beside you on that one kk, lets see what they can do with the civs that re at a point where they require a lot more skill to be good at
ZoRPrimE
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by ZoRPrimE »

I also really like some of the game philosophy advice this guy gives. I'm not going to say that this guy has a brilliant and brand new insight guide but he did a good job IMHO.

"Keep in mind that military production takes priority over economic production as you’re trying to maintain your military advantage, pushing his base and keeping him off of resources. In a sense, it doesn’t matter how many more villagers he has than you if they aren’t gathering."

He also covers this same point in the begining.

"Important note: if you find yourself having to choose between building military and a villager, either because they are competing resources or for pop space when you don’t have many houses, always build military. "

this quote is relevant to his and other strats that go for the really early kill at varying expense to your long term economy. It's also relevant to age 2 fighting, if your plan or necessity requires you to stay in age 2 it's a good rule of thumb. This rule is also one of the bigger differences between 1v1 and 2v2,3v3,4v4 games. It's often a great idea for at least one of your teamates to trade off military for eco as long as you are not losing bad.

Personally I like starts that are a little less 'win in these first few minutes or you're probably screwed type.' This specific strat is not the worst for that though.

yep I'm blabbering today, hope you guys like it.
"It is by will alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, the stains become a warning. It is by will alone I set my mind