Otto Recording

Talk about Strategies and share your Replays here

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

Kakarot333
Conscript
Conscript

Otto Recording

Post by Kakarot333 »

This is a game I played against a Major or Captian ( I forget ) using Ottomen against Japs. I knew I'd lose since Japs are OP >_>. So basically, I went for an Abus and Jan rush, and he went for musk rush. I got 2 TPS and that powered up my rush. A bit of action, until he destroys my Base, and i have to run . He finds my hideout and kills me.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Soccerman771
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Re: Otto Recording

Post by Soccerman771 »

Anytime you go into a game thinking "I'm going to lose, b/c ______" you have already given up. Any strat/civ is beatable on a given day...
jtackel@hotmail.com

"Do you know how difficult it is to micro Napalm?" - Lazy_Tuga

"This isn't going to work. I've picked a water deck and there isn't even a pond on this map." - Blackadderthe4th
Kakarot333
Conscript
Conscript

Otto Recording

Post by Kakarot333 »

Meh, check out the game and advice would be apperciated :S
36drew
Honorary Officer

Post by 36drew »

Being a stronger otto player, I will say one thing. Otto vs. japan is one of the hardest matchups in the game. FF/FI is suicide. You can't outboom them on land. It is even difficult to outboom them on the sea. Japan can boom on land like Otto can on sea, which means they can boom in any match. I think your best option is to use your fast age up time to your advantage. Other than that it's very hard to hurt their eco and deal with their superior units.
Navarone_Guy
Honorary Officer

Post by Navarone_Guy »

Yeah, I can imagine Otto vs. Japan being hell. Methinks a hussar/abus or jan/abus combo would work. Hussars > naginata and yumi, while abus > ashi and yumi. Maybe going for a quick jan rush with the 3 hussar card would be a good idea too, and then adding in abus if you can't quite finish him off.
Groovy.
Killahsquirrel
Conscript
Conscript

Post by Killahsquirrel »

IMO you should've attacked much faster, get him off those orchards and keep him from outbooming you and outproducing you. You were way too passive, be more agressive. I don't think I saw you once pushing him.
Here's a few nitpicky things for you :-P
-Your abus micro in some instances could improve; you didn't hit and run, and you focus fired with like, 10 of them on one musk.
-You sent a few crappy cards, silk road was useless how you used it, you already used all your res cards and 2 TPs with SR aren't going to pay off that much.
-Before losing your TC you shoulda ransomed explorer.
-Your eco management could've been better. At times you had 2k food and no coin and at others you had no food.
-You had a good idea for making your base, but it didn't help, you made the wall in the back, which essentially blocked YOUR vills, and not the enemy.
-You just weren't fast enough at the beginning. I think you should've ditched the 2nd TP, gone for a forward base and start pumping out units to get him on his toes ASAP.

And of course, stop thinking so negatively! It may be a tough match up, but you speak as if there was no hope. It sounds stupid but tell yourself you can win.
BenS64
Colonel
Colonel

Post by BenS64 »

yes attack much faster but gg