Somebody help

You can talk about anything here

Moderator: Global Moderator

rambo098
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Somebody help

Post by rambo098 »

after this patch was released it really messed up my stratagy. i cant even win a master sargent eny more. Im usually playing, dutch,india and the japs. Can someone plz just tell me the very basics to a rush in this bloody patch. :evil:
ruminator
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Re: Somebody help

Post by ruminator »

Ask a man who's also down - but for me it's due to learning the Ports!

Pick one race for now and stick to it - chopping and changing too much only results in you forgetting things!

Take the japs as a good solid rush race:

1. Age up with Tori gates for barracks and xp boost.

2. You should build a mass of yumi archers (20) with some ashi shipments for anti-cav Use monks to scout their base and see what they are doing. Go attack ...

3. As soon as wood allows drop a consulate and take isolation option for 10% attack.

4. If opponent goes FF drop a stable for some naginata support in case of cannon.

5. It is better to build 4 ashi and 1 villager than 5 ashi.

6. Don't get housed - build shrines early if needed and remember to switch their resources as required.

7. If rush is working keep on raiding and drop a second barracks when wood allows. Have a villager queued at all times.

8. Cards to send should be 5 ashi (2), 5 yumi(2), 4 settler(2), ashi combat. Don't bother with Samurai cards.

9. Japs can stay in age 2 for longer than almost anyone else, due to all these great shipments and good strong individual units. Only go to age 3 if rush fails.

10. Record a game whether won or lost (often losses are better) and post on the forum for comment.

This is not the only strat, but a good starting point to base your own version on.
"Could you, would you, with a goat? Would you, could you, on a boat?" Doctor Seuss

"Why does the Air Force need expensive new bombers? Have the people we've been bombing over the years been complaining?"
George Wallace
joe4holly
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by joe4holly »

If 300+ wood start

make a consulate pick ports collect 6 wood for a shrines . the age up cost is now 680 and shrines 106 .
rambo098
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by rambo098 »

Thx ruminator you really helped me back on the right track. As you said i will stick to one civ. i will try the japs once again, and maybe i will get back to my old lvl 30 major.