PC Issues; Not for the faint of heart.

Everything tech-related is discussed here

Moderator: Global Moderator

Tatltael
Major
Major

PC Issues; Not for the faint of heart.

Post by Tatltael »

yep! my computer is having a little break-down, which is mainly due to the fact that its a "dell" (shudders) and that it has quite possibly one of the worst designs ever, not to mention the fan.. it looks like this.. http://www.dell.com/content/products/ca ... l=en&s=dhs

its the XPS one, but uh, yeah. its a piece of @#%# it overheats within 45 wins as of recently, im guessing its due to the switch from winter to summer, and without the cold from winter and now with the hot from summer it basically peaces out on me :[ .. so im going to have a to find a new fan or whatever. mmm f$&# my life :(
joe4holly
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Re: PC Issues; Not for the faint of heart.

Post by joe4holly »

sometimes a normal fan pluged into the wall works .
Navarone_Guy
Honorary Officer

Post by Navarone_Guy »

What I use is a little pad (with fans in it) that the computer sits on. The fans draw heat away from the computer and prevent it from overheating.
Groovy.
Tatltael
Major
Major

Post by Tatltael »

[quote=""joe4holly""]sometimes a normal fan pluged into the wall works .[/quote]

i tried using 2 fans :[
StrokeyBlofeld
Clan Leader
Clan Leader

Post by StrokeyBlofeld »

It may be that the fan is temp controlled and not responding correctly, try going into the BIOS and setting the fan on manual at the highest speed setting and see what happens.
KingKaramazov
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by KingKaramazov »

Have you tried opening up the computer and removing the dust? My computer tends to get pretty hot after a while if I haven't cleaned it out.

This is especially a problem because my dorm room at school is inexplicably extremely dusty.
"Why are some people all grasshopper fiddlings, scrappings, all antennae shivering, one big ganglion eternally knotting, slip-knotting, square-knotting themselves? They stoke a furnace all their lives, sweat their lips, shine their ey
Macabee
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by Macabee »

Luckily, my mac doesn't have a fan. I hate to hear those things run. I'd have to log off and shut down or something if I had some fan grinding away in the background all hours.

Mac
Shizle

Post by Shizle »

Don't worry King, that asbestos problem you have at your school won't affect you for at least another 10, maybe even 20 years tops. Just try not to breath or touch any of it.