Problem with CD...

Everything tech-related is discussed here

Moderator: Global Moderator

Hydrovert5
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Problem with CD...

Post by Hydrovert5 »

Ok, so my TAD CD has a small scratch running from the centre of the disk to the outside of the disk, on the underside.

Occaisonally, the game will open and run just fine. However, more often than not a message will pop up saying something like "Application Error 500C" or something like that. If that message doesn't pop up, the computer will fail to recognise the disk, saying "Please insert The Asian Dynasties disk to run this application". I even tried going to Start > Run and locating the disk that way, but a message comes up saying "The disk is either corrupted or in a format Windows cannot open".

Aside from buying a new copy of TAD, would it be possible to copy the contents of my current TAD disk to a blank disk, even with scratches?

I did this before with another game and it worked fine after that. I'm just curious as to if that would work...

Any help would be appreciated guys, this happens 60-70% of the time now. :neutral:
lordandcount
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Re: Problem with CD...

Post by lordandcount »

Well if you have no problem with an allmost legal solution you can pm me and I'll tell you the details
NEO_CrAz3n wrote: L&C is sorta the N3O police.
I'm the most annoying officer
IndyBrit
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by IndyBrit »

You can send a bad disk to ESO for like $5 and get a replacement. Yes, you can't get your Ages jones for a few days. Actually had to do this with my vanilla disk they were quite fast on turnaround. Can't remember if I had an issue with my ELO name or not, but I'm still using my original.

And no - most copy programs will not properly copy the disk. The copy protection (supported by most computer OS-s) will prevent a couple of critical files from copying over. You could try a disk repair machine - I've had mixed success with these - but that's better than abject failure.
BashUgood
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by BashUgood »

You can also go to a video game store like GameCrazy where they have a special buffing machine for disc's.
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Sporting_Lisbon »

I've had that. My vanilla cd needed to get in 15 times to work. Then I found daemon tools :$