Dutch?

Talk about Strategies and share your Replays here

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Dutch?

Post by Sporting_Lisbon »

Geez, I've played them for like 10 qs games. Cav boost obliterates dutch, pikes are very easy to pick off and the lack of musks costs a lot. FFing is very hard too, getting 4 banks up is a lot slower and skirms.

The only chance I see for dutch is to do some kind of über lame CM turtle with tower spam that doesn't fit me.

In my book India's the best civ atm. Thoughts?
Soccerman771
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Re: Dutch?

Post by Soccerman771 »

I wish there was a way to see the win % by civ since 1.01 (a).

I haven't tried Dutch post-patch so I dunno about them, and oddly enough I haven't faced them in qs yet. India definitely starts much faster and has a much better colonial.

Maybe this should be a poll?
jtackel@hotmail.com

"Do you know how difficult it is to micro Napalm?" - Lazy_Tuga

"This isn't going to work. I've picked a water deck and there isn't even a pond on this map." - Blackadderthe4th
IndyBrit
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by IndyBrit »

"The only chance I see for dutch is to do some kind of über lame CM turtle with tower spam that doesn't fit me."

Hmmmm. That fits me, maybe I should be trying Dutch. :)
Tatltael
Major
Major

Post by Tatltael »

ive only played ~3 dutch tops in qs, and what you said is right, no muskets and easy to pick off pikes leave them in a compromising position, especialy vs. bowrider / AR / RR in colonial, poor poor dutch :( :(

and even though ive never really tried to play india well ive seen them the most in qs, so i think its safe to assume they are top tier if not the top civ.

partially because they have most everything in age 2, the agra fort, cav, anti cav cavalry, skirms, muskets.. etc. not to mention their eco is great and they have uber cards for their units, india is difficult to play against :[
36drew
Honorary Officer

Post by 36drew »

India is certainly strongest at this point in time. Dutch is... difficult. I never realized how much that bank experienced mattered.
Navarone_Guy
Honorary Officer

Post by Navarone_Guy »

I'd say India's the strongest civ too. They're just so damn good in every way...
Groovy.
ruminator
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by ruminator »

They seem a little slower in colonial, but reaching there still seems fine. Age up with 400 wood politician, send 700 wood as first card and have 3 banks up in no time ...

I always tend to age up asap and only build settlers based on initial gold. This gives you up to a minute to play with in early colonial. Time for a barracks and first batch of skirms. Use CM and pike shipment if required. You need to scout hard with envoy and explorer as soon as they age up in order to anticpate a rush.

If they can hit fortress then they are as OP as they ever were before!
"Could you, would you, with a goat? Would you, could you, on a boat?" Doctor Seuss

"Why does the Air Force need expensive new bombers? Have the people we've been bombing over the years been complaining?"
George Wallace
luukje
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by luukje »

I think they nerfed dutch the wrong way. They slowed them down just a little to much. Guess they forgot how UP dutch used to be.

I would like them to have kept 7 villager start, only nerf bank XP and bank gathering in age 2 (-15%), and then give the bank cards the ability to boost bank gathering rate (twice plus 15%). This would benefit the lategame. Halberds nerf was completely unnecessary if you still got urumi, zamburak, ashigaru and so. They werent that OP.